DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'

Go down 
+84
Lil_Lucky89
verbos
cholojames1
massie1903
SMLepore
obxsully
LoveAlways1987
KuoDyNe
Bigtittykitty
mercyandaminute
red at night
rivercities
drzoom22
Turn the Casanova On
Whiskey1
moosicmaniac
Casey
Angry Johnny
joe
Reinvent good times
curly
Johnny99
Hendrix94
I Came To Dance
rikerd21
Chris
tomttt
micwatson
ral
Asleepontheforestfloor
Luca Chinaski
djmayne2001
WWD4D?
mostly_harmless
kieran
Stalls_Standing
talley
Jay
stayhungry
Holland
divoz
IKeeptheDiner
rhg5010
e7c
Jeff
lynchyeatspizza
Jukebox Romeo
Midnight Rambler
Robbie
thecosmickid
borrowedcar
tdawg
hostutca
Jack
Prisoner
vamike
dizzyblondecharlie
Stevearm
steady now steady now
MCStevepants
Mikeyc
SouthJerseyTGA
stephendgaf
MKULTRA
TGAFAN25
benbenben
ktp
ksupilot
simo
WoodyJoe
RobertODonnell
JoshRaymond
stupendoussven
steph
Vibes
Izzy Eviel
DaveSavedTheDay
colmillionaire
Ryan
Daire
PFREEZY
Palmer89
CluckyB
drifter69
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:03 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Bring It On was the best song I've ever heard them play.

This album will be incredible.
Apparently it also magically destroys recording devices. This song has to be epic.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Harry Lime wrote:
steph wrote:
and by the way, can we start an official countdown? a quick count by me puts it at 165 days (my time, that is)!

https://apps.facebook.com/countdowns/countdowns/show/4521584

This puts it at about 151 days. Too long either way.

i clicked on the link, but it wont open for me. damn facebook, making people have an account. i refuse! so...somewhere around 150 days.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:55 pm

and "bring it on" i'm thinking will be the first single since they've already played it live(?) and anyways, whatever the first single is, should be out a good month or so before the album.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:00 pm

I still don't think BIO will be on the album for some reason.

Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:12 pm

shhh...
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:23 pm

why wouldn't Bring It On be on the album?
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:56 pm

I will agree with what rkirkpatrick25 said.. After I heard "Bring It On" in Montclair, It kind of blew my mind.

Can't wait to hear what the other 10 or so tracks sound like. It's going to be a good summer!
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:53 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
why wouldn't Bring It On be on the album?

Who knows, but they will have alot of material by the end of the recording process and it may not make the cut.

It would be highly annoying for us who haven't heard it but just because they played a new song doesn't mean it'll 100% be on the album. Lots of new songs played by bands never make the final album.

Although if it's as good as people are saying, it better had be, I can't not listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Mikeyc
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mikeyc

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:58 am

At the Bowery show he said that "this album will be a more dancy album, but not like lady gaga dancy". Stoked!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:19 pm

I thought Alex R was taking the piss when he said in an interview there was a disco influence on the album...I'm starting to get worried tbh...
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm a little scared about the changes, because 'names and the old stuff. ' is what I love about them, but I think they are necessary to shake off the constant Bruce comments and people saying that their sound is just a gimmick. Plus, Music is always better when it's a band doing what they want to do, not what other people want them to do. I'm sure we'll end up with a great record.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:02 pm

MCStevepants wrote:
I'm a little scared about the changes

I am with these guys (and not least with Brian's song writing) for the long haul; so bring it on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:16 pm

There does sound like we have a big change in store, but really, it can't be much bigger than the change from SoS to T'59S, right? (or from SoS to SatQ to T'59S, for that matter)

These guys aren't content with doing the same album over and over again, and you can't say that's a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 pm

I honestly didn't notice a difference between SoS and T'59S. And where can I hear Bring it On?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Stevearm wrote:
I honestly didn't notice a difference between SoS and T'59S. And where can I hear Bring it On?

I don't see how you couldn't. 59 is a much more polished record with tons of reverb/echo on the vocals, the guitars and drums have a lot smoother sound. SoS is much grittier.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:49 am

SoS certainly seems a more rough copy, Brians voice, whether himself or the studio helped with 59' Sound sounds alot grittier.

I love both for different reasons, 59' Sound is easier to listen to and a little more epic whereas SoS is a little darker and has that edge to it, a little punkier and hard.

As for Bring It On...it's not possible, the song destroys anything in it's path...unfortunatly.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:16 am

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Last edited by Harry Lime on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dizzyblondecharlie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
dizzyblondecharlie

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:46 am

I like the new album title, I just hope they don't change their sound too much. I suppose we just have to trust Brian's judgement.
Back to top Go down
Mikeyc
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mikeyc

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:09 am

If the album sounds like bring it on did then we are all going to enjoy it. It's the next logical progression. It had a pretty cool part where Brian just sang "wait a minute wait a minute oh wait a minute wait a minute" reminded me of the song Please Mr. Postman. i loved that song as a kid so it's cool with me.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:14 am

oh boy, what would I give now for my own timemachine
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:33 am

Mikeyc wrote:
If the album sounds like bring it on did then we are all going to enjoy it. It's the next logical progression. It had a pretty cool part where Brian just sang "wait a minute wait a minute oh wait a minute wait a minute" reminded me of the song Please Mr. Postman. i loved that song as a kid so it's cool with me.

How did the chord progression of the song sound?
Is it different from the Am, F, C, G progression?
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:55 am

I don't think it'll be different. look at their releases, it's everywhere. on brians solo stuff too. I think he can "hide" that pretty well though. but that's just my opinion....
Back to top Go down
Mikeyc
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mikeyc

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 am

Prisoner wrote:
Mikeyc wrote:

Yeah, i'm no musician so I can't tell you about that but it was a nice medium paced song.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Prisoner wrote:
Mikeyc wrote:

I forget what the chord progression was, but it definitely was not "the progression" (Gm Eb Bb F). I only remember two or three chords in the chorus. I honestly forget what the verses sound like at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
hostutca
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:45 pm

I just hope the "hyper-literal" comment doesn't mean dumbed down...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cnotemu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next