DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'

Go down 
+84
Lil_Lucky89
verbos
cholojames1
massie1903
SMLepore
obxsully
LoveAlways1987
KuoDyNe
Bigtittykitty
mercyandaminute
red at night
rivercities
drzoom22
Turn the Casanova On
Whiskey1
moosicmaniac
Casey
Angry Johnny
joe
Reinvent good times
curly
Johnny99
Hendrix94
I Came To Dance
rikerd21
Chris
tomttt
micwatson
ral
Asleepontheforestfloor
Luca Chinaski
djmayne2001
WWD4D?
mostly_harmless
kieran
Stalls_Standing
talley
Jay
stayhungry
Holland
divoz
IKeeptheDiner
rhg5010
e7c
Jeff
lynchyeatspizza
Jukebox Romeo
Midnight Rambler
Robbie
thecosmickid
borrowedcar
tdawg
hostutca
Jack
Prisoner
vamike
dizzyblondecharlie
Stevearm
steady now steady now
MCStevepants
Mikeyc
SouthJerseyTGA
stephendgaf
MKULTRA
TGAFAN25
benbenben
ktp
ksupilot
simo
WoodyJoe
RobertODonnell
JoshRaymond
stupendoussven
steph
Vibes
Izzy Eviel
DaveSavedTheDay
colmillionaire
Ryan
Daire
PFREEZY
Palmer89
CluckyB
drifter69
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:15 pm

I would be extremely happy if one of these pictures somehow became the cover:

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Tumblr_kxyk9b4hdI1qanvumo1_500

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Tumblr_kyhflb5hnV1qanvumo1_500
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:59 pm

I just read a TGA article in the 20 May 2009 issue of Kerrang, and this is what Brian was saying then about writing new songs:

"I've started to write new songs and we've talked about what we should do to kick it up a notch and write something better than The '59 Sound. [...] You can't necessarily write for other people, but I want to write lyrics for people who don't have a voice and talk about things that people can't get out there and make public. We have a recession going on here and there are things people can't talk about, like health insurance, the struggle to feed your family and keep your job. I want to write songs that make people think 'Yeah, I can make it through another day'."

I wonder if the new songs are anything like it, so many months down the line.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:25 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
I had a horrible nightmare where Brian gave me a copy of the album and it was an hour of unlistenable free jazz. It was absolutely terrifying. Luckily, I did wake up.

Hilarious xD
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Jukebox, Brian said that El Jefe is working on the album cover so unfortunately no badass pictures from above.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 pm

the second picture makes him look like he is breathing fire!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 pm

thecosmickid wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
I had a horrible nightmare where Brian gave me a copy of the album and it was an hour of unlistenable free jazz. It was absolutely terrifying. Luckily, I did wake up.

Hilarious xD

I'm really not even exaggerating. It's frightening how real dreams can seem in the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 pm

hahaha I had a TGA nightmares too about Brian being a drunk asshole to me after a show and one about TGA being really bad live like an Eric Clapton shreds video. (Type Eric Clapton shreds on youtube and you know what I'm talking about).
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:14 am

new tweet from gaslight_anthem:

We did some finishing vocal touches today courtesy of pete and Bryan from the bouncing souls, Dave from vision and Tommy gunn from communication redlight! Awesome!

http://tl.gd/cv78a
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:30 am

I really hope that guy from Communication Redlight is not audible on the record.
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:41 pm

So stoked for pete and bryan backup vocals. its gonna be awesome
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:10 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
I just read a TGA article in the 20 May 2009 issue of Kerrang, and this is what Brian was saying then about writing new songs:

"I've started to write new songs and we've talked about what we should do to kick it up a notch and write something better than The '59 Sound. [...] You can't necessarily write for other people, but I want to write lyrics for people who don't have a voice and talk about things that people can't get out there and make public. We have a recession going on here and there are things people can't talk about, like health insurance, the struggle to feed your family and keep your job. I want to write songs that make people think 'Yeah, I can make it through another day'."

I wonder if the new songs are anything like it, so many months down the line.
Ugh, I hope they don't get too political on us. That just sucks the fun out of everything.
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Brian said in that interview that was just posted earlier that he isn't really that political, he's just interested in giving a voice to people who don't have one. I doubt we have anything to worry about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Prisoner wrote:
It's probably a misquote or something pulled out of context.
Brian probably said that he isn't a doctor or a famous baseball player, just a regular American citizen without having it too good or having it too bad. He said things like that in past interviews. Kinda stroks with this quote from the paste interview.

"“American Slang is just what we do. That’s who we are,” Fallon
says. “You’re presented with this American Dream and all these American
possibilities—and then there’s the reality of what actually happens
with your life.”

Ok, in his ExploreMusic interview Brian says that he was talking about the American Dream and how you fall short of that dream and don't grow up to be the world's greates baseball player, how you don't grow up to be the doctor who cured cancer, but how you just grow up to be you. He says the songs are about that dream, not about doctors and basball players.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 am

AND THE ALBUM IS DONE!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 am

new gaslight_anthem tweet & pic: "I think we're done. We're in love with this record. We hope you all will as well."

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 AS-studio10ed

great pic!
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:57 am

Something about seeing that the album is done makes the fact that we have to wait until June unbearable. Can we have it right now please?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:48 am

WWD4D? wrote:
Something about seeing that the album is done makes the fact that we have to wait until June unbearable. Can we have it right now please?

There's done and done; they might be done, but the techs surely aren't.

Anyway, what sort of timetable are we looking at in terms of releases? First single radio play and TV appearances, then single release, then album release?
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:13 am

I'd settle for a demo to tide me over til June.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 am

I think we've got two new track names:

From Rolling Stone:

“On 2008’s “The ‘59 Sound,” New Jersey’s Gaslight Anthem delivered soulful punk tunes about working-class dreamers, earning plenty of Springsteen comparisons. But for the follow-up, Gaslight looked across the pond. “We’ve been influenced by early Stones,” says the frontman Brian Fallon of the LP, which Gaslight are cutting in New York. Fallon compares the title track to “Gimme Shelter” and says “The Queen of Chelsea” recalls the Clash’s “Straight to Hell” and the Pretenders’ “Brass in Pocket.” “It would be easy to write The ‘59 Sound again,” says Fallon. “We wanted a new road map.”

So far we have
1. Bring It On
2. American Slang (new but obvious)
3. The Queen of Chelsea
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 am

Latest Tweet:

Quote :
Packing up the studio... Goodnight. On to mixing, mastering, pressing, and releasing.

According to the countdown as well...just 100 days to go.
Back to top Go down
Midnight Rambler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Midnight Rambler

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:07 am

Vibes wrote:

From Rolling Stone:

“On 2008’s “The ‘59 Sound,” New Jersey’s Gaslight Anthem delivered soulful punk tunes about working-class dreamers, earning plenty of Springsteen comparisons. But for the follow-up, Gaslight looked across the pond. “We’ve been influenced by early Stones,” says the frontman Brian Fallon of the LP, which Gaslight are cutting in New York. Fallon compares the title track to “Gimme Shelter” and says “The Queen of Chelsea” recalls the Clash’s “Straight to Hell” and the Pretenders’ “Brass in Pocket.” “It would be easy to write The ‘59 Sound again,” says Fallon. “We wanted a new road map.”

So far we have
1. Bring It On
3. The Queen of Chelsea

Wow! Gimme shelter might be my favourite song of all time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Midnight Rambler wrote:
Vibes wrote:

From Rolling Stone:

So far we have
1. Bring It On
3. The Queen of Chelsea

Wow! Gimme shelter might be my favourite song of all time. The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_biggrin
Haha. Just thinking about it reminds me of The Departed.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Deliciously ironic that an album with American in the title takes more British influence than ever.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 am

Quote :
And we're gone... Into the hands of mixing it goes... http://twitpic.com/173fji

Latest.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:06 am

JohnnyC wrote:
Deliciously ironic that an album with American in the title takes more British influence than ever.

As for 'The Queen of Chelsea', there is a Chelsea in London, UK, but I know there is one in NYC too, so which one might it be?

Of course, Brian is actually referencing the Clash's 'Lost in the Supermarket', via a reference to Springsteen's 'Queen of the Supermarket'. He is also alluding to the Clash's 'The Guns of Brixton', as London's Chelsea is socio-economically, though not geographically, a world away from Brixton ... The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Drunken_smilie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next