DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'

Go down 
+3
NeverTrustAJunkie
Bea
LuceroDiehard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:26 pm

http://bit.ly/IMJFWY
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Quote :
This is the first chapter of us developing our own sound and now it's time to build on that - to ask, 'whats our story?'
didn't he say that for American Slang also? Razz
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:52 pm

Quote :
Given your plans to tour through to the winter,

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Even the mid-tempo songs are intense and guitar heavy. It's definitely not a laid-back record, it's explosive and it bursts out at you. That's the kind of thing we were feeling.

This album is gonna murder me.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:59 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Even the mid-tempo songs are intense and guitar heavy. It's definitely not a laid-back record, it's explosive and it bursts out at you. That's the kind of thing we were feeling.

This album is gonna murder me.

Agreed. Me too.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Just read it. Great interview
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:23 pm

That was a great interview! I love how excited Brian is over this record. I just know that it's going to be epic. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:21 am

Overall it's a good interview, but I hate when English writers misquote Americans as saying things that an American clearly would never say.

What I'm referring to is Brian allegedly saying the phrase "half-arsed". I'm pretty sure he said half-assed.

I'm loving the passion I'm getting from Brian in these brief interviews. I'm growing more and more confident that Handwritten is going to be a killer record.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:11 am

Ah... yes. Great interview! I have a feeling it's going to be a killer record also. One that will potentially launch them to arena sized concerts. Which, is sad in a way that it wont be the same smaller sized shows we've been used to...but exciting for them as a band to get bigger, and as Brian said, give more of their profits back to charity. I guess we can't be selfish fans anymore... Sad

So excited for the new album!!
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Bea wrote:
Quote :
This is the first chapter of us developing our own sound and now it's time to build on that - to ask, 'whats our story?'
didn't he say that for American Slang also? Razz

I have a feeling he did lol... If brian tries to get any more personal here the lyrics are just gonna be a picture of him eating an ice cream cone lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'   The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem: 'No one wants a half-hearted rock record'
Page 1 of 1