DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'

Go down 
+84
Lil_Lucky89
verbos
cholojames1
massie1903
SMLepore
obxsully
LoveAlways1987
KuoDyNe
Bigtittykitty
mercyandaminute
red at night
rivercities
drzoom22
Turn the Casanova On
Whiskey1
moosicmaniac
Casey
Angry Johnny
joe
Reinvent good times
curly
Johnny99
Hendrix94
I Came To Dance
rikerd21
Chris
tomttt
micwatson
ral
Asleepontheforestfloor
Luca Chinaski
djmayne2001
WWD4D?
mostly_harmless
kieran
Stalls_Standing
talley
Jay
stayhungry
Holland
divoz
IKeeptheDiner
rhg5010
e7c
Jeff
lynchyeatspizza
Jukebox Romeo
Midnight Rambler
Robbie
thecosmickid
borrowedcar
tdawg
hostutca
Jack
Prisoner
vamike
dizzyblondecharlie
Stevearm
steady now steady now
MCStevepants
Mikeyc
SouthJerseyTGA
stephendgaf
MKULTRA
TGAFAN25
benbenben
ktp
ksupilot
simo
WoodyJoe
RobertODonnell
JoshRaymond
stupendoussven
steph
Vibes
Izzy Eviel
DaveSavedTheDay
colmillionaire
Ryan
Daire
PFREEZY
Palmer89
CluckyB
drifter69
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:00 pm

It's a bit unfair on american Slang in my opinion. Since having the whole album, that song has grown massively on me. And at the time I was a bit critical, and VERY worried about the album as a whole. Now I think it's a very solid starter!
Back to top Go down
PantsDance
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:37 am

Hey guys, can someone plz PM me the link?? I'd love you foreverrrrrr
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:27 pm

^ dude use google, or just wait
we all want to maintain a good rapport with the band so we arent gonna discuss the leak itself, just the album
sorry to sound like a douche but getting emails saying somebody replied to a thread and its just people begging for a link that they are too lazy to get is irritating
Back to top Go down
isthisreal
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:26 pm

The one thing that sticks out to me more than anything else on this album are the vocals. The vocals were good on The '59 Sound (although I wasn't a HUGE fan of the reverb) but on this album they sound so fresh, so urgent... I may be overreacting but I think they're some of the best vocals I've ever heard. The way Brian delivers some lyrics - for example, the 'Who's gonna keep my baby warm' in Bring It On - is just amazing.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:02 pm

isthisreal wrote:
The one thing that sticks out to me more than anything else on this album are the vocals. The vocals were good on The '59 Sound (although I wasn't a HUGE fan of the reverb) but on this album they sound so fresh, so urgent... I may be overreacting but I think they're some of the best vocals I've ever heard. The way Brian delivers some lyrics - for example, the 'Who's gonna keep my baby warm' in Bring It On - is just amazing.

I agree; the vocals on the AS album are excellent. I'm also really impressed with Alex's guitar playing. Benny, on the other hand, doesn't get to shine as much as on the earlier records.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
NDGTA

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Wow, after 2 listens I think its better than The '59 Sound (I know a lot of people will disagree with this). I was first introduced to Sink or Swim after it came out so that album has always been #1 to me and while I like T59S I don't love it as much as SOS.

This album is really fantastic, though, which is surprising to me because I was really disappointed in the single American Slang and thought they might stray too far into Kings of Leon mainstream rock on this one. I think the lyrics are unquestionably better than any Gaslight CD, the guitars are great (Alex gets some really nice lines in), and I still think they are the best chorus makers in rock.

I am really, really surprised, I thought I wouldn't like it as much as I do. All my worries have been relieved
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:30 pm

he seems to accent all the right words
and the use of reverb is finally right
it is definitely a progression
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:04 pm

I couldn't find a thread/post regarding this, but I didn't want to make a new thread because I'm sure plenty of people have already watched it.

But the making of American Slang: Part 1:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=104593094

Doesn't it sound like Brian has a lisp in that video?
Maybe he has started dipping tobacco instead of smoking? Laughing
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Casey wrote:
I couldn't find a thread/post regarding this, but I didn't want to make a new thread because I'm sure plenty of people have already watched it.

But the making of American Slang: Part 1:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=104593094

Doesn't it sound like Brian has a lisp in that video?
Maybe he has started dipping tobacco instead of smoking? Laughing

There's a thread about those video's in here: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/video-f5/the-gaslight-anthem-the-making-of-american-slang-t1910.htm

There's a second part already as well =)
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:02 pm

A month to go. Doesn't seem that long ago the counter was over 100. It'll be release day before we know it =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'   The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang' - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem title new record 'American Slang'
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17