DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)

Go down 
+55
jdc
Yozzy
jensomniac
aelliott88
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Andy_
DeathoftheCool
jzancan
Steve70s
The_River
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Jack
kupe
HorribleCrowe
colmillionaire
JimmyB
Marlyn
Hanswurst
rumham
njguy99
bradleyjp
Unorthadox1080
bringiton_ty
The Last Jukebox Romeo
sinkorswimmydear
Hasler09
Vanderlyle Geek
riversedge
enola
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
Bobul
pleasepassthesoup
Debonair
pepperedham
TGA30
eagles1139
matkins
Jaws
ivienco
jonnyz83
bringiton
TGAFAN25
Holland
RobertODonnell
CapedAvenger
kappanera
StitchesOnTheRadio
23Punk
Prisoner
kristyn
Anya_TGA
Vibes
zerb012345
steady now steady now
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanderlyle Geek
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Vanderlyle Geek

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:09 am

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Vanderlyle Geek wrote:
kappanera wrote:
I found this on the official band channel..unfortunately it's not working in my country..I'm dying to hear this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-l4Z23ELd8

download hola! chrome extension and select US, this worked for me Smile

Thankyou!  Very Happy You have brightened up my morning single-handedly  High Five

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Image
Back to top Go down
Unorthadox1080
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:38 am

To save you downloading extensions, this SHOULD work for people outside the U.S. http://nj.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I%2BKGzBCtJ95Rf7Ppmur93hhE4sHP5tUhJ7AL4Y%2B1B3r5A%3D%3D&bit=1
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:48 am

Unorthadox1080 wrote:
To save you downloading extensions, this SHOULD work for people outside the U.S. http://nj.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I%2BKGzBCtJ95Rf7Ppmur93hhE4sHP5tUhJ7AL4Y%2B1B3r5A%3D%3D&bit=1

cheers  Clap  High Five 
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 8:19 am

Can I be the boring one?I really dislike the lead guitar sound after "exploding like a firework".It's two notes,I know, I told you I was being boring Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
bradleyjp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
bradleyjp

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 8:39 am

Oh man, this is better than I expected. Easily the biggest growth they've shown between albums.

The outro gives me chills every time.
Back to top Go down
http://bradleyjp.me
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:13 am

Interesting, and much harder than I was expecting. I'll be the outlier and say I'm not sure if I like it or not...
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:23 am

This is the only song I am going to listen to off of the new album until I buy the record in August, this is a huge step up from when they released 45 as a lead single in 2012 off of Handwritten. All four of their albums sonically are in this new track, its an awesome track the lyrics are great, hopefully this and a few more singles from this album can lead to their breakthrough to the mainstream music charts.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:23 am

I'm just not feeling it...

Last edited by rumham on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:29 am

i really like this tune - wasn't sure what to expect from the teaservideo. But we know this is the "most-like-the-old-stuff" song so yeah i'm still curious about the album Smile

Rollin and Tumblin, thought, sounds like a matured Handwritten in Sink Or Swim style with most of the good stuff from 59S & AS.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:37 am

Wasn't my favorite the first time thorough, but as I listen to it more and more I like it.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:38 am

I actually really like this. Sounds like the Gaslight we've all known and loved, but with a little more grit....

It doesn't sound like they're trying to be anyone else, rather it's their sound that they've matured into.
Back to top Go down
Marlyn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:41 am

This is beautiful.
Walks a thin line between kicking you in the teeth and wrenching your guts.
Everything sounds very tight on the instrumental side, which is huge for me.
Since I've listened to Brian Fallon's voice for the first time he pretty much set the bar when it comes to
how I want somebody to sound.
I don't know how to put it differently, but I just enjoy listening to the tone of his voice.
I get what some of you say about this break in the song after the initial onslaught is over, but it works perfectly fine for me!
One thing I noticed though is that it became harder to follow his lyrics in the last verse.
The verses before and the chorus are clear, but it changes in the last verse.

I loved Handwritten, and I think it gets talked down by some people (naturally) because they felt it was a sellout (ugh...that word).
I get how they felt it was softer maybe....but it was a very good album to me, a very cohesive one.
This feels different to me, but it's still clearly a TGA song.
Now I'm just excited to find out how it will be changed by the songs around it!
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 10:26 am

It's on spotify and the band's official youtube page, now.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 10:39 am

What is it, "oh my oh my my" in the back during the outro?
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 10:51 am

Unorthadox1080 wrote:

I hereby declare you my favorite person this week. I was going off at stupid Vevo for not letting me listen to it.

I thought I was not gonna like but I FREAKING LOVE IT.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 10:52 am

zerb012345 wrote:
What is it, "oh my oh my my" in the back during the outro?

guest vocals by George Takei
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 11:23 am

Marlyn wrote:
This is beautiful.
Walks a thin line between kicking you in the teeth and wrenching your guts.
Everything sounds very tight on the instrumental side, which is huge for me.
Since I've listened to Brian Fallon's voice for the first time he pretty much set the bar when it comes to
how I want somebody to sound.
I don't know how to put it differently, but I just enjoy listening to the tone of his voice.
I get what some of you say about this break in the song after the initial onslaught is over, but it works perfectly fine for me!
One thing I noticed though is that it became harder to follow his lyrics in the last verse.
The verses before and the chorus are clear, but it changes in the last verse.

I loved Handwritten, and I think it gets talked down by some people (naturally) because they felt it was a sellout (ugh...that word).
I get how they felt it was softer maybe....but it was a very good album to me, a very cohesive one.
This feels different to me, but it's still clearly a TGA song.
Now I'm just excited to find out how it will be changed by the songs around it!

Wonderfully written. And I also like Handwritten Smile (as much as the other albums)
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 11:23 am

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
It's on spotify and the band's official youtube page, now.

Not anymore on youtube.  They made it private.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 11:28 am

I love the sound during "I don't want to be devoted" and after "firework".
The chimes during the wind chime line were a nice touch.
Even though the last verse can be hard to follow lyrically, I love the melody and the way his voice flows.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 11:46 am

This is good.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 11:55 am

This is not my favorite.

I remember hearing the NPR stream of Handwritten and being enthralled, barely able to contain myself....

Now I'm just sad. But its not that I wasn't expecting this type of sound, because Brian gave everybody a PSA of sorts, its just not something I care for. Hopefully I'll like a couple of the songs. Expectations are extremely low. Ah well. Still will buy a copy since I've been listening to them for close to 7 years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:12 pm

So, are we hearing a radio play hit single here, or just something for the fans for now, with the wider audience single still to follow? How are your non-TGA friends reacting to this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:19 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
So, are we hearing a radio play hit single here, or just something for the fans for now, with the wider audience single still to follow? How are your non-TGA friends reacting to this?

They're playing it on Radio1 later today, so they're premiering it essentially the same way they did 45 (except with it being available to download about 14 hours earlier). It's definitely the radio single.

The couple of casual fan friends who I've gotten to listen to it have liked it, FWIW.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:41 pm

Back up here:

http://mickrouse.com/post/89759098561
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:12 pm

kappanera wrote:
Can I be the boring one?I really dislike the lead guitar sound after "exploding like a firework".It's two notes,I know, I told you I was being boring Very Happy 

Sounds like it's a synth, not a guitar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next