DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)

Go down 
+55
jdc
Yozzy
jensomniac
aelliott88
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Andy_
DeathoftheCool
jzancan
Steve70s
The_River
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Jack
kupe
HorribleCrowe
colmillionaire
JimmyB
Marlyn
Hanswurst
rumham
njguy99
bradleyjp
Unorthadox1080
bringiton_ty
The Last Jukebox Romeo
sinkorswimmydear
Hasler09
Vanderlyle Geek
riversedge
enola
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
Bobul
pleasepassthesoup
Debonair
pepperedham
TGA30
eagles1139
matkins
Jaws
ivienco
jonnyz83
bringiton
TGAFAN25
Holland
RobertODonnell
CapedAvenger
kappanera
StitchesOnTheRadio
23Punk
Prisoner
kristyn
Anya_TGA
Vibes
zerb012345
steady now steady now
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm hearing a big Ryan Adams influence from Rock n Roll era. Cool!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:32 pm

kupe wrote:
I have! What song would you like to hear about?

Few questions.

What's the song "Underneath the Ground" like?

What would you say the lyrical themes of the album are? Does Brian go in directions he hasn't before?

And is the lyric "Today I quit the US Army" on the album somewhere? (They instagrammed that quote during the recording process) If so do you recall which song?

Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Also does anyone know what time eastern US the BBC premier will be? There's an interview with it that I wanna hear. 7:30 PST is what like 2:30 eastern US?
Back to top Go down
Marlyn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:43 pm

45 and Handwritten didn't get them the breakthrough?
Might be different elsewhere, but here in Germany they're playing the bigger venues for sure.
Also they're featured at Red Bull and all of that, so I think it put them on the map to say the least.
Though I have to say I'm not informed as far as actual record sales go.
Also, Here Comes My Man had Elisha Cuthbert in the video, which qualifies as a breakthrough for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:53 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Also does anyone know what time eastern US the BBC premier will be? There's an interview with it that I wanna hear. 7:30 PST is what like 2:30 eastern US?

I think those times are correct. Although on the Radio 1 website there's no mention of gaslight. It just says "Huw Stephens sits in for Zane Lowe with the 1975 dropping in for Fan Club"  scratch 
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Marlyn wrote:
Might be different elsewhere, but here in Germany they're playing the bigger venues for sure.
Also they're featured at Red Bull and all of that, so I think it put them on the map to say the least.
Also, Here Comes My Man had Elisha Cuthbert in the video, which qualifies as a breakthrough for me Very Happy

I agree. 45 was a pretty big hit song. It got a lot of radio play here and it gets played plenty in bars and even at arenas and stadiums during sporting events. The band may not be a household name, but that song got a lot of attention.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:05 pm

kupe wrote:

How have you heard it?
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:16 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

I think those times are correct. Although on the Radio 1 website there's no mention of gaslight. It just says "Huw Stephens sits in for Zane Lowe with the 1975 dropping in for Fan Club"  scratch 
I'm pretty sure "45" was played at 19:30. So if it's the same time, that'll be in 15 minutes. He just said "Gaslight Anthem coming up".
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:20 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
Marlyn wrote:

I agree. 45 was a pretty big hit song. It got a lot of radio play here and it gets played plenty in bars and even at arenas and stadiums during sporting events. The band may not be a household name, but that song got a lot of attention.

scratch seriously? I still haven't heard it on the radio. They definitely grow with every album but I still don't consider Handwritten to have been their breakthrough. When they get a single in the top 40 and they are a household name, that's when you've made it in my opinion. But that's not to discredit where they have gotten.

And everyone gets their big break in Germany if they're halfway decent because you guys actually seek out good music! haha. When you make it through in the US (where the listeners don't care about actual talent) that's when you've made it, and possibly lost whatever made you good in the first place. It's not something to be proud of, but it's true.
Back to top Go down
kupe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:23 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
kupe wrote:

Few questions.

What's the song "Underneath the Ground" like?

What would you say the lyrical themes of the album are? Does Brian go in directions he hasn't before?

And is the lyric "Today I quit the US Army" on the album somewhere? (They instagrammed that quote during the recording process) If so do you recall which song?

Mid tempo, softer song. Reminds me of an older classic rock song

Darker lyrics, regrets, things changing, lost love. Definitely

I do not recall hearing that line, but I could be wrong
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:25 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

I'm pretty sure "45" was played at 19:30. So if it's the same time, that'll be in 15 minutes. He just said "Gaslight Anthem coming up".
On in 5 minutes, he just said!
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:27 pm

They haven't been parodied by Weird Al yet.

Haven't made it.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:28 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

One of the very rare times I listen to Radio 1...as soon as the song is done, I'm outta here!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:28 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

Yup, I'm listening now, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:29 pm

I can record the interview for people who can't hear the show?
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Oh no! Springsteen mention first 5 seconds....
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Steve70s wrote:
I can record the interview for people who can't hear the show?

DO EET
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Just tuned in, the song's playing now. Did I miss the interview?
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:32 pm

No - a few words - main interview to come...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:33 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Just tuned in, the song's playing now. Did I miss the interview?

No, they just got Brian on and all he's done is introduce it so far.

Speaking of, that intro crap was annoying and I don't like how it blended into the start of the song. For those who haven't heard the song yet it's a bit deceiving!
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:34 pm

I really like these lyrics.  Some of them are better on the page than sung ("like a firework" come to mind), but it's such a step-up from Handwritten.  I never have any doubt in Gaslight's music, and Brian's lyrics are some of my favorites, but after Handwritten, I was like "eh, this direct approach isn't his strong suit."  So that was my only worry going into this record, and so far, cool.

Last edited by jzancan on Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
bradleyjp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
bradleyjp

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:35 pm

I didn't mind the intro but it definitely didn't feel as good as when I listened to the song earlier today.
Back to top Go down
http://bradleyjp.me
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Really good. It's not like i expected not to like it, but i liked that on first listen.

Steve70s wrote:
Shit, lazy, journalism.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

Steve70s wrote:

Haha  lol! 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Well that was short, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next