DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US/Canada Tour 2014

Go down 
+85
Rose1991
Woody
redheadchick
spokes
dmwhalen
abw123
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Yozzy
Jack
MacysDayMar
brunswick18
eagles1139
MKULTRA
BKO5950505
bigbug
NotLikeWeBleed
pepperedham
jensomniac
big blue
michaelphillips
shredderrrrrr
borrowedcar
TGAFAN25
AndWithTheWindowDown
Lastoftheindependents
Smasha13
DeathoftheCool
BSouls97
wedidwhenyoung
JukeboxJuliet
Harbortown
AngryRyan
Forum Owner
prettyontheinsidex
riversedge
jdc
CasanovaBaby90
MustangSally
JacksSmirkingRevenge
TheContender
33RPMHero
knuckles
onbackstreetsinbackseats
lol_paul_ledoux
jonnyz83
moosicmaniac
SouthJerseyTGA
macci
infoghost
pleasepassthesoup
SirBrad
Velocity
TGA30
bradleyjp
cmigs
ACA
turnitin2004
redskynight
GlennR
colmillionaire
njguy99
Rizz
Zach_Edelman
ral
The Last Jukebox Romeo
miked331
Christophe
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
Jaws
matkins
NeverTrustAJunkie
mingus
enola
Anya_TGA
sjoy89
StitchesOnTheRadio
flannel
zerb012345
bt211
jonester
Unorthadox1080
Debonair
bootime
rated_r_67
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 9:56 pm

jdc wrote:
Smasha13 wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

The best thing, I've found, about Gaslight fans is that they're the most open to making new friends, of any fandom I've encountered. I've been fortunate enough to make more friends in this community (community being all TGA fans not just DSS) than I can keep track of, thanks to just being friendly with people in line. Trust me, just start conversation and you'll have gig buds in no time!

Thanks dear!  I sure hope so Smile  I have done Gaslight on my own before and had no issues, it was at a music festival in Montreal and my group of friends chose to see Vampire Weekend instead (they were playing at the same time).  I was fine then and I'm sure I'll be ok this time too.  But the more the merrier if anyone wants to hang Smile

What she didn't tell you is that some of them will be like me. affraid

I should be so lucky! Wink
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 9:59 pm

AndWithTheWindowDown wrote:
Hey, I'm going to the Detroit show!  : ) PM me if you want.
Smasha13 wrote:
Is anyone going to the Fillmore show in Detroit that might want to let a really nice Canadian girl awkwardly stand with them? Wink

I'm still trying to make this happen but things are not falling into place...my friends have bailed, work scheduled a mandatory meeting the next day, meaning I'd have to drive home during the night to make it....but September 20th is my birthday and I still really want to try to make this happen!

Oh finally! No longer a lone wolf!
Back to top Go down
AndWithTheWindowDown
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AndWithTheWindowDown

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 10:03 pm

I was sort of a lone wolf at my last show, I understand the feeling!!
Smasha13 wrote:
AndWithTheWindowDown wrote:
Hey, I'm going to the Detroit show!  : ) PM me if you want.
Smasha13 wrote:
Is anyone going to the Fillmore show in Detroit that might want to let a really nice Canadian girl awkwardly stand with them? Wink

I'm still trying to make this happen but things are not falling into place...my friends have bailed, work scheduled a mandatory meeting the next day, meaning I'd have to drive home during the night to make it....but September 20th is my birthday and I still really want to try to make this happen!

Oh finally!  No longer a lone wolf!
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 9:42 am

Smasha13 wrote:
CutToRibbons wrote:
Smasha13 wrote:

Haha your post made me laugh, I'm kinda in a similar situation. I'm going to see them in Oct for my birthday, but I have this problem where I always buy two tickets for a Gaslight show, wanting to believe that I have friends, or a *friend* in general who would want to go along to see Gaslight with me. I like to lie to myself. The funny thing is I usually end up separating from people I do go with and end up having a blast by myself. I just need to get over showing up somewhere alone I guess.

I have friends, I really do, but they do not appreciate Gaslight in the way that I do...or any way at all really.  Well some do, but they aren't from here or anywhere close by, so I'm kind of on my own.

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to adventure off to an unfamiliar city/venue by myself, but that's kind of my predicament.  

Yeah, I always have to travel out of state to see them, as they have yet to play my state, so I know what you mean.

Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 12:42 pm

I'm reconciled to the fact that Gaslight will never ever play anywhere close by here, it's just too small and not close to any major cities. Toronto is probably the only place in the province and it's 8 hours away. Detroit or possibly Grand Rapids would be the closest for me right now...

That being said, I've seen them in Minneapolis and Montreal, QC..so I've definitely traveled...lol
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:29 pm

per the 9:30 Club website, set times tonight (and I'd assume tomorrow) are:

Doors- 7:00pm
twopointeight- 7:30pm
Against Me!- 8:15pm
Gaslight Anthem- 9:30pm

looks like 30mins from twopointeight, an hour from Against Me!, and 1 1/2 to 2 hours for Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:27 pm

It's ridiculous how nervous I am for a stupid setlist. And to imagine that I still have to wait a little les than 2 months to see them...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 am

Setlist 9:30 club, Washington
Thanks, Andrew!

US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Image34

How was the show? Can't wait for your reviews!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:58 am

I've seen them a ton of times and I thought this was easily the best they've ever sounded. Issues people have had with the mix and whatnot over the years were completely non-existent. I thought Brian sounded phenomenal and the whole band was very tight and full sounding. Obviously, the setlist is personal preference (I was happy with it), but they objectively sounded great. The new lights were pretty sweet too.

Also, Against Me! was great as always and played a nice mix of their old and new stuff. If you're thinking of showing up late and skipping them, I'd suggest otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 am

Wow, what a setlist. Have Mercy!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:50 am

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
I've seen them a ton of times and I thought this was easily the best they've ever sounded. Issues people have had with the mix and whatnot over the years were completely non-existent. I thought Brian sounded phenomenal and the whole band was very tight and full sounding. Obviously, the setlist is personal preference (I was happy with it), but they objectively sounded great. The new lights were pretty sweet too.

Also, Against Me! was great as always and played a nice mix of their old and new stuff. If you're thinking of showing up late and skipping them, I'd suggest otherwise.

Your picture looks familiar. Where were you sitting? Are you headed to night 2?

Also, all you people in the first three rows being statues.... Dance and sing along and move. This is music, it's not a movie theatre, it's not a play... Let's fucking have fun together....

Tonight was incredible, the band is the best they've ever been.... Let's go crowd!
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 3:15 am

Since I enjoy but am not enamored of the new album, I would of course prefer more older stuff - 12 of the 24 songs being from the new album was perhaps a bit more than I'd hoped for - but I agree with everyone objectively that they sounded really good. I've never had the same "sound" mix issues that others have when I've seen them in this particular venue, but they were tight and the mix was good.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 7:50 am

How did they do Have Mercy and Break Your Heart? Especially the last one, Brian said in an interview that he had doubts about doing an acoustic bit. Did he play it acoustically, with him solo on the stage?

Awesome to have those two songs on the setlist by the way!
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 11:13 am

mingus wrote:
How did they do Have Mercy and Break Your Heart? Especially the last one, Brian said in an interview that he had doubts about doing an acoustic bit. Did he play it acoustically, with him solo on the stage?

Awesome to have those two songs on the setlist by the way!

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they did everything electrically with the full-band setup.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:00 pm

oh shit that looks awesome, i could do without underneath the ground, howl, sweet morphine and red violins but that being said if they do those in atlanta i'll still lose my shit. hopefully (not that i dislike the get hurt songs) they add in a couple off 59S but I get that it is the get hurt tour
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:40 pm

So excited to see "Break Your Heart" on the set list Smile
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:47 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
pleasepassthesoup wrote:

Also, all you people in the first three rows being statues.... Dance and sing along and move. This is music, it's not a movie theatre, it's not a play... Let's fucking have fun together....

Tonight was incredible, the band is the best they've ever been.... Let's go crowd!

I was on the left side (sort of in between Alex R and Brian) about a third of the way back in the crowd. I'm going tonight, too, but probably wont be able to get there in time to get a very good spot.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:52 pm

borrowedcar wrote:
oh shit that looks awesome, i could do without underneath the ground, howl, sweet morphine and red violins but that being said if they do those in atlanta i'll still lose my shit. hopefully (not that i dislike the get hurt songs) they add in a couple off 59S but I get that it is the get hurt tour

Keep in mind that last night was the first regular ticketed show they've played since Get Hurt came out, so there's a decent chance they're getting a feel for which new songs the crowd responds best to. I wouldn't be surprised if the setlist gets honed quite a bit as the tour goes on.
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Burning questions:

1. They they indeed play everything on that setlist? (Any changes?)

2. How long was the show? Did they hit the two-hour mark?

3. What did they play at the pre-show?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Videos from the first DC night

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 3:17 pm

GlennR wrote:
Burning questions:

1. They they indeed play everything on that setlist?  (Any changes?)

2. How long was the show?  Did they hit the two-hour mark?

3. What did they play at the pre-show?

I wasn't at the pre-show, but as for the first two questions:

1. Yes. That was the exact setlist.

2. Gaslight played for 1 hour and 40 minutes (Against Me! played for about 50 minutes and twopointeight for 25 if you're interested).
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 5:11 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
borrowedcar wrote:

Keep in mind that last night was the first regular ticketed show they've played since Get Hurt came out, so there's a decent chance they're getting a feel for which new songs the crowd responds best to. I wouldn't be surprised if the setlist gets honed quite a bit as the tour goes on.

true, anyone who was there wanna give some insight into what songs were well received
Back to top Go down
GlennR
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for the info. Great to see all of those new songs in the set. Seems like they've got plenty of room to add in the some of the older songs as well for a longer show.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 6:09 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
pleasepassthesoup wrote:

To be fair, some people have the most fun just watching (and or singing along). Not everyone wants to dance during a show.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 6:15 pm

That is an incredible setlist. Though I'm bummed that of all the songs from Get Hurt to leave out, they chose Selected Poems and Helter Skeleton.

Also interested to see if they cut back on new stuff moving forward. As much as I love Get Hurt, I would love to hear more from the other four albums (then again, that is largely because I have never seen Gaslight before despite being a longtime fan).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/Canada Tour 2014   US/Canada Tour 2014 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US/Canada Tour 2014
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next