DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''
 
PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

 

 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)

Go down 
+74
cms35
Jersey-Chris
jdc
macci
azlisa
miked331
bootime
Hasler09
jm596353
The_River
DeathoftheCool
eagles1139
ozfacter
HolyBreakOfDay
matkins
BereasaTGA
visible_karma
Leeney
HeroOfVirtue
rotmitweißenpunkten
TGAforLIFE
encobel
markbarlow
White Man In Hammersmith
Down by the Mersey
The Cool
Commander Vimes
jensomniac
Hanswurst
Aron515
Sabbi
bt211
33RPMHero
cdala
Harbortown
'49mercury
sinkorswimmydear
_rebekka_
Bobul
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
steady now steady now
saraM87
onbackstreetsinbackseats
rumham
brucesboots
enola
FrankieG
njguy99
moonlight
Joe Thumb
cmigs
Klown
Debonair
prettyontheinsidex
SirBrad
pjk
A_Regular
bringiton_ty
TGAFAN25
jonester
bringiton
gaslightfan89
Novella
CapedAvenger
scarsrsouvenirs
Shrewsbury_Stars
smetz224
Rizz
lol_paul_ledoux
ashleybb
NeverTrustAJunkie
ral
StitchesOnTheRadio
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Posts : 4161
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 29
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 2:21 am

So to kick things off. Great little email to get between the extension, 7" download date, etc.

I was thinking about year 3s 7" with this extension. I guess, wouldn't this move the "usual target date" of holiday/winter till some time later in the year? Cause everyone who doesn't get this extension will expire at, or around, the same time as everyone who does qualify for it. Making everyone in year 2 sign ups on par with each other more or less. So I would guess this just shifted the whole schedule too...

Oh well great news anyway!


_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 3:17 am

Debonair wrote:
So to kick things off. Great little email to get between the extension, 7" download date, etc.

I was thinking about year 3s 7" with this extension. I guess, wouldn't this move the "usual target date" of holiday/winter till some time later in the year? Cause everyone who doesn't get this extension will expire at, or around, the same time as everyone who does qualify for it. Making everyone in year 2 sign ups on par with each other more or less. So I would guess this just shifted the whole schedule too...

Oh well great news anyway!


Hmm, that does make it a bit confusing  scratch I think it's more likely that they'll keep with the "holiday" thing and we'll just end up waiting till the end of 2015 for year 3's 7" rather than shifting it to the summer. I'm just glad that they acknowledged that not much of anything has come out of this club for the first 3/4 of year 2. Hopefully we'll finally see SOMETHING show up on the site!

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 3:09 am

They sent out another email a couple hours ago. If you haven't seen it, it said basically the same thing about the club kinda lacking but they're gonna step up their game. One cool thing to highlight though was they said they have someone on staff now who is specifically handling club issues and whatnot. So it sounds like they were in over their heads in the beginning but that they have a game plan now! Smile

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Posts : 4161
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 29
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 3:14 am

Strange I didn't get that one  scratch 

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:43 am

Debonair wrote:
Strange I didn't get that one  scratch 

Really? I double checked the previous email to make sure I wasn't seeing the same thing twice somehow and I wasn't. They weren't identical. You know what? This one I think was listed as a gaslight newsletter, but it was from infinite merch? I don't know I get confused by where half this stuff comes from.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-12-17
Age : 32
Location : Kansas

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:54 am

This sucks. I haven't gotten any emails from the 45RPMclub or inifitemerch. I am pretty sure I renewed. I probably got screwed over though.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Posts : 4161
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 29
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 4:16 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Strange I didn't get that one  scratch 

Really? I double checked the previous email to make sure I wasn't seeing the same thing twice somehow and I wasn't. They weren't identical. You know what? This one I think was listed as a gaslight newsletter, but it was from infinite merch? I don't know I get confused by where half this stuff comes from.

Oh like the newsletter from TGAs main site? or the news letter from Infinitemerch.com? I guess I need to sign up for both. surprised I hadn't already...

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Strange I didn't get that one  scratch 

Really? I double checked the previous email to make sure I wasn't seeing the same thing twice somehow and I wasn't. They weren't identical. You know what? This one I think was listed as a gaslight newsletter, but it was from infinite merch? I don't know I get confused by where half this stuff comes from.

Oh like the newsletter from TGAs main site? or the news letter from Infinitemerch.com? I guess I need to sign up for both. surprised I hadn't already...
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's from infinite merch but it's specific to gaslight. It's not like a general newsletter that just mentions them.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Posts : 4161
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 29
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Strange I didn't get that one  scratch 

Really? I double checked the previous email to make sure I wasn't seeing the same thing twice somehow and I wasn't. They weren't identical. You know what? This one I think was listed as a gaslight newsletter, but it was from infinite merch? I don't know I get confused by where half this stuff comes from.

Oh like the newsletter from TGAs main site? or the news letter from Infinitemerch.com? I guess I need to sign up for both. surprised I hadn't already...
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's from infinite merch but it's specific to gaslight. It's not like a general newsletter that just mentions them.

Ok, humor me if you will - what was the email address. (Like if you look at 45rpm club emails they are usually -----@45rpmclub.net)

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Strange I didn't get that one  scratch 

Really? I double checked the previous email to make sure I wasn't seeing the same thing twice somehow and I wasn't. They weren't identical. You know what? This one I think was listed as a gaslight newsletter, but it was from infinite merch? I don't know I get confused by where half this stuff comes from.

Oh like the newsletter from TGAs main site? or the news letter from Infinitemerch.com? I guess I need to sign up for both. surprised I hadn't already...
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's from infinite merch but it's specific to gaslight. It's not like a general newsletter that just mentions them.

Ok, humor me if you will - what was the email address. (Like if you look at 45rpm club emails they are usually -----@45rpmclub.net)

donotreply@infinitemerch.com but when it's just listed in my inbox it says "From: The Gaslight Anthem" but the letter itself is signed "IM STAFF" So it's from infinite merch but specifically from like their "gaslight division" if they were to have divisions. It's titled "The Gaslight Anthem newsletter" which is what they call it on gaslight's site. So I imagine that's where you would want to sign up. Not sure how to clarify it beyond that, haha.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Posts : 4161
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 29
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:11 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Strange I didn't get that one  scratch 

Really? I double checked the previous email to make sure I wasn't seeing the same thing twice somehow and I wasn't. They weren't identical. You know what? This one I think was listed as a gaslight newsletter, but it was from infinite merch? I don't know I get confused by where half this stuff comes from.

Oh like the newsletter from TGAs main site? or the news letter from Infinitemerch.com? I guess I need to sign up for both. surprised I hadn't already...
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's from infinite merch but it's specific to gaslight. It's not like a general newsletter that just mentions them.

Ok, humor me if you will - what was the email address. (Like if you look at 45rpm club emails they are usually -----@45rpmclub.net)

donotreply@infinitemerch.com but when it's just listed in my inbox it says "From: The Gaslight Anthem" but the letter itself is signed "IM STAFF" So it's from infinite merch but specifically from like their "gaslight division" if they were to have divisions. It's titled "The Gaslight Anthem newsletter" which is what they call it on gaslight's site. So I imagine that's where you would want to sign up. Not sure how to clarify it beyond that, haha.

Thank you for your help. When I signed up on TGAS site I got a auto response from TheGaslightAnthem@email.islanddefjam.com so that's why I was asking. Ill have to create a new account on IM since mine got deleted with the migration just to be safe

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:18 pm

Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Strange I didn't get that one  scratch 

Really? I double checked the previous email to make sure I wasn't seeing the same thing twice somehow and I wasn't. They weren't identical. You know what? This one I think was listed as a gaslight newsletter, but it was from infinite merch? I don't know I get confused by where half this stuff comes from.

Oh like the newsletter from TGAs main site? or the news letter from Infinitemerch.com? I guess I need to sign up for both. surprised I hadn't already...
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's from infinite merch but it's specific to gaslight. It's not like a general newsletter that just mentions them.

Ok, humor me if you will - what was the email address. (Like if you look at 45rpm club emails they are usually -----@45rpmclub.net)

donotreply@infinitemerch.com but when it's just listed in my inbox it says "From: The Gaslight Anthem" but the letter itself is signed "IM STAFF" So it's from infinite merch but specifically from like their "gaslight division" if they were to have divisions. It's titled "The Gaslight Anthem newsletter" which is what they call it on gaslight's site. So I imagine that's where you would want to sign up. Not sure how to clarify it beyond that, haha.

Thank you for your help. When I signed up on TGAS site I got a auto response from TheGaslightAnthem@email.islanddefjam.com so that's why I was asking. Ill have to create a new account on IM since mine got deleted with the migration just to be safe

Really? Ugh I can't keep track of all this. I've only ever gotten 3 emails from that address and they were in 2012 and signed xoxo Gossip Girl.

I made a new account awhile ago but I don't think the email situation was ever disrupted.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 


Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Posts : 930
Join date : 2009-02-11
Location : 49015

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Debonair wrote:
Strange I didn't get that one  scratch 

I got the second one but not the first. I definitely renewed and can login on 45rpmclub.com but the only emails I've received since December (when they sent out links to create an account) have been from InfiniteMerch.
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

Posts : 74
Join date : 2012-12-27

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:58 pm

Just received the email from the 45 RPM club. The songs can now be downloaded via the link in the email. For those of us still waiting for our packages to arrive, this is good news.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Posts : 4161
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 29
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:09 am

Reminder: no links or posts sharing this (including requests for it) will be allowed on this site.

Thanks all.

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Posts : 721
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:13 am

His voice on the Tom Waits cover !!!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:15 am

eagles1139 wrote:
His voice on the Tom Waits cover !!!!

 Yeah, WOW!

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Posts : 721
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:29 am

After last year's lo-fi Halloween recording and a pretty lackluster Desire acoustic (there was already a better one on youtube), this is a pretty fucking awesome surprise IMO. Sure an original would be nice but This Is Where We Part is a beautiful song and it fits Brian perfectly.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:11 am

eagles1139 wrote:
After last year's lo-fi Halloween recording and a pretty lackluster Desire acoustic (there was already a better one on youtube), this is a pretty fucking awesome surprise IMO. Sure an original would be nice but This Is Where We Part is a beautiful song and it fits Brian perfectly.

Personally, I'd still take an original like Halloween (mediocre recording or not) over this any day but I am pleasantly surprised at how much I'm it. I agree about "This Is Where We Part" fitting him perfectly. I'm curious to hear twopointeight's version because it sounds almost out of place as one of their songs, but maybe that's just because Brian's vocals are so different. I still find it so odd that THIS is the first release of that song.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Posts : 721
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:20 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
After last year's lo-fi Halloween recording and a pretty lackluster Desire acoustic (there was already a better one on youtube), this is a pretty fucking awesome surprise IMO. Sure an original would be nice but This Is Where We Part is a beautiful song and it fits Brian perfectly.

Personally, I'd still take an original like Halloween (mediocre recording or not) over this any day but I am pleasantly surprised at how much I'm it. I agree about "This Is Where We Part" fitting him perfectly. I'm curious to hear twopointeight's version because it sounds almost out of place as one of their songs, but maybe that's just because Brian's vocals are so different. I still find it so odd that THIS is the first release of that song.

I'm guessing that their version will be a very different, hard fast punk rock song and Brian really liked the lyrics and wanted to put his spin on it. Maybe he thought he'd be doing them a favor because once people find out its a twopointeight cover they'll be on the look out for it when it pops up on their album? It'd definitely be strange if the music/tempo is the same as their version.

However for instance my friend texted me and said "I googled the lyrics and nothing came up so I assume this is a new Gaslight song?" which would be my reaction too if I didn't read this site and already know it was a cover. Pretty curious but whatever it sounds good
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:53 am

eagles1139 wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
After last year's lo-fi Halloween recording and a pretty lackluster Desire acoustic (there was already a better one on youtube), this is a pretty fucking awesome surprise IMO. Sure an original would be nice but This Is Where We Part is a beautiful song and it fits Brian perfectly.

Personally, I'd still take an original like Halloween (mediocre recording or not) over this any day but I am pleasantly surprised at how much I'm it. I agree about "This Is Where We Part" fitting him perfectly. I'm curious to hear twopointeight's version because it sounds almost out of place as one of their songs, but maybe that's just because Brian's vocals are so different. I still find it so odd that THIS is the first release of that song.

I'm guessing that their version will be a very different, hard fast punk rock song and Brian really liked the lyrics and wanted to put his spin on it. Maybe he thought he'd be doing them a favor because once people find out its a twopointeight cover they'll be on the look out for it when it pops up on their album? It'd definitely be strange if the music/tempo is the same as their version.

However for instance my friend texted me and said "I googled the lyrics and nothing came up so I assume this is a new Gaslight song?" which would be my reaction too if I didn't read this site and already know it was a cover. Pretty curious but whatever it sounds good

Yeah I'm thinkin that too. Theoretically it sounds like a good idea but I think, in general, people tend to see the first version they hear as the "original" even if it's not. Plus, doesn't Brian know by now that (nearly) every song he covers magically gets 100x better than it already was? If I was putting out music I'd be honored if he wanted to cover my songs but I'd ask him not to!

I didn't even think about that issue! I mean, until we saw proof that it was a twopointeight song, everyone on here was pretty convinced it was an original for that exact reason. This is all very strange, haha. I really wish the lyrics were up somewhere though.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Posts : 4161
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 29
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:21 am

Lyrics are from the back of the 7" typed as pictured there except not being in all caps.

This is where we part

Blazing through the cinder wearing nothing but the future on your sleeve. Wallow in nostalgia in your tiny universe, reigning supreme. Caught you running scared of the drum inside your head. Beating with the past, not with your heart. Another fire's just been lit, another set's been blown to bits, an indifferent ending to the perfect start. And this is where we part. Let's not loop the subject or keep dwelling in your stories anymore. Granted we're above it, then why is there such a need to tell them so? What went through your mind thinking I'm naturally inclined. Knowing all these songs and have them sung by heart. The plain truth of it all is we heed two different calls. A match made in a wrong turn, drawing straws. And this is where we part. Waltz around these burdens thinking this is all it's ever gonna be. A strange sense of entitlement lit up by something ominous to me. (They) hang on ever word. A complacent raconteur. All I can hear is hurt taken too far. I've seen forks in the road before, I'm not intrigued no more by memory lane and what it does to the heart. And this is where we part.

_________________
Andrew

Ndakasimba kana makisimbawo

Made the list.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : New Jersey

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 3:00 am

Debonair wrote:
Lyrics are from the back of the 7" typed as pictured there except not being in all caps.

This is where we part

Blazing through the cinder wearing nothing but the future on your sleeve. Wallow in nostalgia in your tiny universe, reigning supreme. Caught you running scared of the drum inside your head. Beating with the past, not with your heart. Another fire's just been lit, another set's been blown to bits, an indifferent ending to the perfect start. And this is where we part. Let's not loop the subject or keep dwelling in your stories anymore. Granted we're above it, then why is there such a need to tell them so? What went through your mind thinking I'm naturally inclined. Knowing all these songs and have them sung by heart. The plain truth of it all is we heed two different calls. A match made in a wrong turn, drawing straws. And this is where we part. Waltz around these burdens thinking this is all it's ever gonna be. A strange sense of entitlement lit up by something ominous to me. (They) hang on ever word. A complacent raconteur. All I can hear is hurt taken too far. I've seen forks in the road before, I'm not intrigued no more by memory lane and what it does to the heart. And this is where we part.

As my copy seems to be lost in the mail, I appreciate this post.

_________________
Shelby

Shows I've been to (if anyone actually cares)::
 
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Posts : 1953
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 27
Location : The Dreaded Barbary Coast

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 am

Anywhere I Lay My Head is pretty badass. I love it.
And This is Where We Part sounds great, though it sounds a lot like Ladykiller
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender


Posts : 127
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 34
Location : Germany, HH

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:42 am

i like the vinyl and the two songs. it would be cool if there were different pressings or colours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)
Back to top 
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: