DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's tumblr post discussion

Go down 
+52
Blueeyesandspitfire
Jaws
brucesboots
jonester
ncl1968
cdala
Holland
Labhras
thebends
Daire
Hanswurst
Boy From Little Eden
Yozzy
SammyHutchison
onbackstreetsinbackseats
eagles1139
Hirti
rumham
TheEmptyBones
Ghost
Christophe
bringiton_ty
bt211
MKULTRA
JukeboxJuliet
TGAFAN25
Shrewsbury_Stars
Bobul
CapedAvenger
thurman
DaleCooper
colmillionaire
LuceroDiehard
JimmyB
jzancan
Jerseyrain
FrankieG
SirBrad
cmigs
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Harbortown
_rebekka_
NeverTrustAJunkie
Steve70s
enola
CluckyB
steph
rotmitweißenpunkten
prettyontheinsidex
StitchesOnTheRadio
BereasaTGA
Debonair
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:34 pm

I just don't think they're cut out for it everything that goes with it. They can still be fairly popular band and be on an indie label. A lot of bands go from an indie label to a major label and then back to an indie label.

I think we're seeing the classic band who signed to a major label bc they thought I was a better idea and now regrets it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:39 pm

cmigs wrote:
Insider wrote:
Late last year plans were in place for Brian to work on a solo record with Ryan Adams in a producer role - basically Gaslight's record company said "no way - you owe us another record after the disapointment of Handwritten".

Wait, what? That might have been my dream record. Bummer.

do we know for sure that Ryan Adams was going to produce it? or was it just a rumor.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:05 pm

I'd also like to add how it's ironic Brian is calling out fans from his show as thinking they're too hardcore to like Lady Gaga. Maybe he should take his own advice and stop acting like he knows the fans of the band just like he doesn't like us acting like we know him. Such an asshole. Maybe this is why he has heavy thing going on in his life.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:09 pm

I'm really feeling a little in the dark about all that's going on his life. I know some, but clearly there's more. I'm so upset about this. I never thought I could be so disappointed by them.
Back to top Go down
Hirti
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Ehh, wow. Some of you are really overreacting a bit, IMO. Give the man a break.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Is hard to just him a break when this has been going on for a while now. I feel like it's this weekend was just a mess. And the live shows have not been as good as they have been. Every band has ups and downs but that timblr post was a little weird.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:25 pm

prettyontheinsidex wrote:
Is hard to just him a break when this has been going on for a while now. I feel like it's this weekend was just a mess. And the live shows have not been as good as they have been. Every band has ups and downs but that timblr post was a little weird.

This is the thing, it's been a slow process over the last 12-18 months. And if he's doing to be a dick he deserves what heat he gets from people that have spent good money going to shows, buying merch and supporting this band.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Hirti wrote:
Ehh, wow. Some of you are really overreacting a bit, IMO. Give the man a break.

^^^THIS! Thank you, Daniel!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 pm

SirBrad wrote:

This is the thing, it's been a slow process over the last 12-18 months.  And if he's doing to be a dick he deserves what heat he gets from people that have spent good money going to shows, buying merch and supporting this band.

I think you can definitely say your opinion here and criticize Brian but calling him an asshole and a dick goes too far. That's disrespectful.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:31 pm

I'm still a fan I'm just confused mostly.i won't go as far as to call Brian a dick or an asshole because that's not accurate.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:32 pm

SirBrad wrote:
Such an asshole.  Maybe this is why he has heavy thing going on in his life.

This was totally uncalled for. There is no need to insult him nor to imply what is the reason for whatever is going on in his life. That is just disrespectful. Please refrain from such comments on here.

SirBrad wrote:

This is the thing, it's been a slow process over the last 12-18 months.  And if he's doing to be a dick he deserves what heat he gets from people that have spent good money going to shows, buying merch and supporting this band.

As I said - nobody forces you to go to shows or buy the merch. The decision is yours. If you don't like the product don't buy it. But insulting someone is not going to help.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:47 pm

SirBrad wrote:
cmigs wrote:
Insider wrote:
Late last year plans were in place for Brian to work on a solo record with Ryan Adams in a producer role - basically Gaslight's record company said "no way - you owe us another record after the disapointment of Handwritten".

Wait, what? That might have been my dream record. Bummer.

Yeah no kidding, Ryan's first stab ever at producing was Jesse Malin's Fine Art and I consider that a masterpiece.

Maybe if/when Gaslight gets dropped from Mercury Brian will sign on with Paxam and well get that record.

And Brian was singing with Jesse at the beginning of this year, doing songs off Fine Art. Which was awesome.

Last edited by cmigs on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 pm

SirBrad wrote:
 Such an asshole.  Maybe this is why he has heavy thing going on in his life.

Dude, not only calling him an asshole, but speculating that by being an asshole he is the cause of his own personal problems which you don't know the details of? He's been moody, he didn't kick your dog to death.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:14 pm

I don't really pay attention to anybody when they say "if you like Springsteen you'll like gaslight." I don't see or understand the comparison. I've been an avid music fan since I got my first records in 1989, so I make my own listening decisions. Has Brian ever denied the comparison, or has he been eating it up?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Just to prevent any further gang ups on sirbrad. Enola handled it guys lets move on and not put anyone down. Everyone on here has at one point or another used the wrong words. Stay friendly.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Haha thank you I deserve it though.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:48 pm

I think you're entitled to your opinion. I'm getting shit too, no harm done. It's all just confirming that I'm not alone with my opinions. I'm not gonna lie to myself just because I really love this band. We'll a get through this together and this will pass. This weekend wasnt awful and the guys are clearly under some pressure. The best we can do is continue to support them even if we don't agree completely...here's to 2014.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Debonair wrote:
Just to prevent any further gang ups on sirbrad. Enola handled it guys lets move on and not put anyone down. Everyone on here has at one point or another used the wrong words. Stay friendly.

I didn't want to put anyone down. I just wanted to tell him that's not the way we communicate here. But if that's not allowed I won't say anything next time.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Also, I realize I have contradicted myself a little here. I'm just trying to rationalize all of this.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 pm

I think you're entitled to your opinion. I'm getting shit too, no harm done. It's all just confirming that I'm not alone with my opinions. I'm not gonna lie to myself just because I really love this band. We'll a get through this together and this will pass. This weekend wasnt awful and the guys are clearly under some pressure. The best we can do is continue to support them even if we don't agree completely...here's to 2014.

Well said!!! I think I can be a loyal and supportive fan and still be critical. I don't always need to agree to everything they are doing or saying. Doesn't mean I like them any less.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:53 pm

_rebekka_ wrote:
Debonair wrote:

I didn't want to put anyone down. I just wanted to tell him that's not the way we communicate here. But if that's not allowed I won't say anything next time.

I'm sure Andrew didn't mean anyone specific. He just tried to calm things down Smile

Also you even posted before me ;-)
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:56 pm

enola wrote:
_rebekka_ wrote:
Debonair wrote:

I'm sure Andrew didn't mean anyone specific. He just tried to calm things down Smile

His post does sound as if you are allowed to say something but the rest is not. But if that's the way it is handled here that's fine. I will keep quiet then. Just wanted to protect the forum etiquette.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 pm

enola wrote:
_rebekka_ wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Exactly Very Happy no one so far has stepped out of line or anything. Even sirbrad just ackowledged it. Its good that the community is able to hold each other accountable. Just trying to cool things off so more people don't come along and continue on. After all no need to have 40 people commenting on one slip up.

Sorry for any confusion!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Brian said it himself the other night, they went through some bad stuff this past year, but (at least it sounds like this) they're coming out of it now and things are better. The man is admitting himself that there was a problem. He's not going to tell us what it was so we can decide if it's a worthy enough excuse, he was just kind enough to thank those of us who stuck with him/them and assure us that they're moving forward. Hopefully that will be reflected more and more throughout the rest of the tour. Two lousy minutes of an otherwise AMAZING weekend of shows is not enough to condemn him or the band.
Back to top Go down
SammyHutchison
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SammyHutchison

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:20 am

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are over analyzing this.The Gaslight Anthem is easily my favorite band of all time ,but this is my humble opinion of thou matter.

I know that Brian is sick of hearing about Springsteen,as a fan I'm even sick of the comparison.Yet if it wasn't for Bruce I would never have never clicked on the Youtube video of Gaslight and Bruce doing the '59 Sound,therefore I may not have gotten into Gaslight and my life would be totally different than it is now(nor would i know what to listen to,probably more arctic monkeys).

At this show that broke his heart, he said he could pull an Axel and just leave,but when it comes to putting on a great show there is no one better to look up to than "Bruuuccce",not being a baby like Axel,which isn't right to do to the fans that had to stand in the rain.I hate that the dudes that yelled "bruuce" had to wreck Brian's night.At the same time,he should be at the point as a veteran performer not to take things so personally and have thicker skin on stage and be well aware that there's maybe drunk dicks in the audience,even though it's a soft spot for him.He should feel invincible up there,not vulnerable.

I don't agree that buying a concert ticket is gamble,yea the setlist should be a surprise,but the crowd should always leave feeling like they won and didn't lose money at the slot machines. I've always left the few Gaslight shows I've been to satisfied.

I've never thought of people going to a Gaslight show to hear other people's songs.I can't fathom that.I haven't seen them cover any bruce songs,but i have heard "Sliver","State of Love and Trust","Changing of the Guard","Once upon a time",and "Astro Zombies".I love when they cover those,but i go to see Gaslight.So he's played with bruce and referenced his lyrics in songs,but Brian has quoted and referenced a lot of arctics(i.e meatloaf,counting crowes,Tom petty and a shit load more) yet no one yells those names out because they also aren't from jersey,and din't give them.

In his tumblr post when he says "I am not my work" and "We will always play those songs, but we will never be that band again.I think that he's referring to how when he referenced those Springsteen songs in Gaslight songs he wrote years ago like the lyrics "Not tonight,not tonight,honey I am on fire" in the Patent Ferris wheel or the other "I'm on fire" reference in High Lonesome,and the mega reference of Meet me by the River's edge.He wrote those in the moment and that's not him now,therefore he's not his past work.

With all that being said i saw Gaslight twice within six months.On September 14th,2012 and March 3rd,2013 and Brian seemed to be having more fun and talkative and funny in March and wasn't as verbose in September,but seemed cool.If the band's going through some shit or was I couldn't tell,the whole group seemed to be having a good time.

What I hope Brian doesn't do is dwell on this and write some overly sappy material or play shorter show because Bruce plays long shows and he wants to distance himself from the Boss. I heard he was listening to a lot of sixties and seventies music,so i pray it goes in that direction of Led Zeppelin and Neil Young,like that other tumblr post stated in the same band which will kick ass.

Well whatever happened or will happen I hope they can become better with it in the rear veiw. No matter what goes on they'll always be my favorite and I'll be impatiently waiting to see what happens next.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's tumblr post discussion
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next