DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's tumblr post discussion

Go down 
+52
Blueeyesandspitfire
Jaws
brucesboots
jonester
ncl1968
cdala
Holland
Labhras
thebends
Daire
Hanswurst
Boy From Little Eden
Yozzy
SammyHutchison
onbackstreetsinbackseats
eagles1139
Hirti
rumham
TheEmptyBones
Ghost
Christophe
bringiton_ty
bt211
MKULTRA
JukeboxJuliet
TGAFAN25
Shrewsbury_Stars
Bobul
CapedAvenger
thurman
DaleCooper
colmillionaire
LuceroDiehard
JimmyB
jzancan
Jerseyrain
FrankieG
SirBrad
cmigs
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Harbortown
_rebekka_
NeverTrustAJunkie
Steve70s
enola
CluckyB
steph
rotmitweißenpunkten
prettyontheinsidex
StitchesOnTheRadio
BereasaTGA
Debonair
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 am

I agree with rkirkpatrick25 that my attitude toward Brian and the band has completely changed in the past 12 months.  He's so freaking annoying it's not even funny and I'm almost embarrassed for him.  I hope he watches that video and sees how lame he is.  I almost couldn't watch it, but it was like a bad accident that you couldn't tear your eyes from.

Something weird has happened since about last May.  I always kind of thought Gaslight Anthem had the makeup of a band with a short shelf life but now I am seeing why.  They come off like a bunch of amateurs lately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:09 am

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but, oh for the love of God can we just let this man be a human being FOR ONCE???

He may be your hero but he's not a superhero.

He may be a nice guy overall but he's not obligated to be all smiles when he's annoyed.

He doesn't NEED to do anything beyond try to be the best version of himself WHEN HE CAN. That's all we can expect of any person and if you don't like what you get, too bad.

His job is not my job, your job, or 99% of the populations job, ergo there are different stressors, challenges, problems, etc. Let's not pretend we totally understand his life and would just do it so much better ourselves.

At this point, I honestly don't care if Brian was right, wrong, or this was just a big misunderstanding. No matter the situation, we do not get to decide how he's supposed to react. If you're upset because you think he took the situation the wrong way, or because you weren't one of the fans causing the problem and you wish you weren't lumped in with them, that's completely fair and everyone is entitled to their opinion (even the ludicrous ones), but just as you have a right to be upset, he has a right to be upset. Unreasonable or not.  

And finally, I gotta say, I'd rather the man express his frustrations than put of a fake smile and build up resentment until one day he explodes. There is WAY too much of that bullshit in the world as it is. Sorry he didn't sugarcoat the hell out of the tumblr post to spare everyone's feelings. Personally, I thought it was a very mature and well articulated passage that he probably needed to get out even if this incident never happened.

EDIT: So I finally watched the video. I'm sorry for those who were there who weren't part of that, because it's a bummer people had to get like that. But I'm kinda embarrassed for those who couldn't let the Bruce thing go. Man, people made is sound like Brian just got pissed off right off the bat, went f*ck you, and stopped talking. He played it off with a smile, multiple times, but people couldn't let it go and let him do his thing.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:13 am

Well that escalated quickly. To be fair Brian opened the door there to what became a big misunderstanding. Maybe he should of waited before writing that tumbler post as his emotions were running high. He is probably kicking himself over it now. Maybe he could do with a long break but I am getting a bit tired of his resentment towards Bruce as that man helped elevate his band to a much higher level. Maybe higher than they were ready for. Any TGA fan loves the band for what they are and their songs. There may of been a few people he "thought" were being difficult but he should of been there for the other thousands there to see him and not thrown his toys out of the pram
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:32 am

I would love to see TGA cover bad romance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:31 am

I don't know how everyone knows 'the turmoil' he is experiencing in his personal life. I have not seen anything that explicitly states what problems he is having. How come everyone seemingly knows what is happening in his life?
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:37 am

Christophe wrote:
I don't know how everyone knows 'the turmoil' he is experiencing in his personal life. I have not seen anything that explicitly states what problems he is having. How come everyone seemingly knows what is happening in his life?

I was thinking the same thing.

However, he seems to be the one with the pressure of writing the material as well as being the focus of a pretty relentless touring machine.

All of that must take its toll the longer it goes on.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:47 am

Yeah I guess it must take it's toll eventually. I think after they finish this tour a rest and a break from the limelight will be exactly what Brian needs. A few months so write and recharge and hopefully he will be back better than ever in 2014.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:08 am

Christophe wrote:

Yeah, this. Been rumours about this for ages, I just wonder how this is 'common knowledge'? To be honest I try and stay out of band members personal lives, it's not our business as fans to know certain things, and sometimes it comes out in their music anyway.

However, it looks from the outside as though Brian's ego has simply exploded and he is now a full on rockstar diva. You know those Frank Turner lyrics, "some of them are just like us, and some of them are..." I kind of want to know now what this 'turmoil' is, if anything just to gain some understanding of what has turned such a modest frontman of a fun band into this whingy annoying egotistical bore. One of the main joys of Gaslight to me, was seeing the band clearly loving what they are doing onstage, and they just arn't that anymore.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:26 am

Ghost wrote:
Gaslight to me, was seeing the band clearly loving what they are doing onstage, and they just arn't that anymore.
I saw them live about a month ago and they were as great as ever. Brian was joking around, having fun on stage as per usual.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:39 am

On the European tour they were in top spirits
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:54 am

I cannot imagine what he is going through to be honest. I just hope he gets this solved soon, I am worried more about Brian than the band at this point. Something is very much wrong with Brian it seems, and as said above, SOMEONE from his friends needs to talk to him, ask him what's wrong, get help for him if he really needs it,etc. I am not pretending to have any inside knowledge, but it's what I would do.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:39 am

It's not been talked about in specifics here but I'm sure we all have our assumptions.  So sad though.  Like I said, what a fast spiral downward.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:52 am

Insider wrote:
I don't frequent this forum very often so I don't know if you guys have discussed the problems surrounding Brian or if you're even aware of them?

There haven't been any specific threads / posts about it as we agreed on discussing private stuff only when there has been an official statement to respect the band members and their families privacy. But I'm sure everyone on here has heard one rumour or the other.

Personally I still believe that private matters should never be discussed on a public forum.

Last edited by enola on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos ;))
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:54 am

I have a similar opinion. Unless it is said by the person involved to the public and not to a person in privacy and confidence, I don't discuss personal issues. It is like families of celebrities,they are off limits.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:58 am

I'm glad we're all in agreement here...
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:35 am

By heavy shit you mean bad right?
Back to top Go down
TheEmptyBones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheEmptyBones

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:51 am

If all these comments are true it doesn't seem like we will be getting a 5th album.Sad 
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:54 am

TheEmptyBones wrote:
If all these comments are true it doesn't seem like we will be getting a 5th album.Sad 

I'm sure we will get what they need to do to fulfill their record contract.

There are tons of albums that have been released over the years only to fulfill obligation.

I'm hoping this 2014 album is atrong but it also seems likely they could be dumped from the label if it isn't.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:57 am

Insider wrote:
Late last year plans were in place for Brian to work on a solo record with Ryan Adams in a producer role - basically Gaslight's record company said "no way - you owe us another record after the disapointment of Handwritten".

Wait, what? That might have been my dream record. Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:59 am

Whilst I agree that certain private matters for band members are off limits on a public forum, it is getting increasingly difficult to defend his behavour and attitude to the hordes of people out there currently slagging him off. Having been a fan since the early days, and knowing how strange this whole thing is, that is sad.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Wait is Brian the one with problems or is the whole band having problems? I get handwritten didnt do as well as expected but there seems to be more going on here.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:13 pm

cmigs wrote:
Insider wrote:
Late last year plans were in place for Brian to work on a solo record with Ryan Adams in a producer role - basically Gaslight's record company said "no way - you owe us another record after the disapointment of Handwritten".

Wait, what? That might have been my dream record. Bummer.

Yeah no kidding, Ryan's first stab ever at producing was Jesse Malin's Fine Art and I consider that a masterpiece.

Maybe if/when Gaslight gets dropped from Mercury Brian will sign on with Paxam and well get that record.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:14 pm

The way things are going now I kinda wish they'd get dropped.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Maybe I'm too optimistic or naive, but I'm not convinced that Brian or the band is spiraling (my word not anyone elses but this is what your descriptions sound like). Even Brian mentioned that they had a rough patch (I forget his exact words). He said they were through it, but who knows. All I know is, people hit tough times in their lives, times that change them (yes all human beings change and it doesn't always go smoothly). But I'm not gonna look at this like they're headed for disaster until or unless I see something that clearly indicates it. If anything I see a happier man on stage than I saw last summer/fall.

And I don't believe for a second that he's not still grateful for everything Bruce has done for them. But excuse the man for wanting to create his own identity.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:27 pm

prettyontheinsidex wrote:
The way things are going now I kinda wish they'd get dropped.

I'm with you, if a band has a legitimate chance to be the next big rock band then I think go for it and sign with a major label. I just don't think TGA has a shot to be as big as bands like The Killers or the Kings of Leon and TGA just sort of suffers in the corporate music industry as a result.

Last edited by greasylake on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's tumblr post discussion
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next