DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's tumblr post discussion

Go down 
+52
Blueeyesandspitfire
Jaws
brucesboots
jonester
ncl1968
cdala
Holland
Labhras
thebends
Daire
Hanswurst
Boy From Little Eden
Yozzy
SammyHutchison
onbackstreetsinbackseats
eagles1139
Hirti
rumham
TheEmptyBones
Ghost
Christophe
bringiton_ty
bt211
MKULTRA
JukeboxJuliet
TGAFAN25
Shrewsbury_Stars
Bobul
CapedAvenger
thurman
DaleCooper
colmillionaire
LuceroDiehard
JimmyB
jzancan
Jerseyrain
FrankieG
SirBrad
cmigs
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Harbortown
_rebekka_
NeverTrustAJunkie
Steve70s
enola
CluckyB
steph
rotmitweißenpunkten
prettyontheinsidex
StitchesOnTheRadio
BereasaTGA
Debonair
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:37 am

An 'Almost Famous' moment for the 21st century.
Back to top Go down
Boy From Little Eden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:33 am

I believe that this man is so deep and invested in his lyrics that he would rather write his songs, sit in his room & play them to himself.. Letting out all his emotion, bleeding on the page and cleaning it up himself. The appetite for fame and glory is instilled in all of mankind in one way or the other..inside of us, way down deep, or on the surface.I think on some level he wants to be a legend (The Boss, john Lennon, Leonard Cohen) and wants to be the one and only of the certain thing he striving for and not related to anything else.. He is looking for something special, that will pull him apart and make him and the band there own.
Back to top Go down
rotmitweißenpunkten
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:45 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
rotmitweißenpunkten wrote:
I don't get, why he lets himself be pulled down like that by just a few random people who do shit, while 1000 others just want to see their show and don't do something stupid and don't agree with those people yelling stuff. i get why this is anoying and i get how beeing in the public eye must be really hard (i could never do that!), but i just wished he wouldn't let himself be influenced that much by a handfull idiots...

Why does a waitress remember that one lousy customer but couldn't distinguish one nice experience from the next?

Why does a hitter in baseball focus on how he's been striking out lately, rather than the hundreds of hits in his career?

Why does that one person that cut you off in traffic put you in a grumpy mood when the rest of your drive went smoothly?

It's just human nature to focus on the bad stuff that spoils all the good.

Okay, I'm going to bed. Sleep

yeah, i get, what you're saying..i just wished it wouldn't be like that. it makes me sad. i just feel, like i've been put into one group with those people. eventhough i could care less who they cover at a concert or what song they gonne play. i don't care, because i know it's gonne be great and i'm going to like it, whatever they do.
as some people allready have written here, i guess, the greater they get, the more people like that are going to show up at concerts. i guess we fans, the band and everyone else involved have just learn how to deal with that..
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:19 am

I don't get, why he lets himself be pulled down like that by just a few random people who do shit, while 1000 others just want to see their show and don't do something stupid and don't agree with those people yelling stuff. i get why this is anoying and i get how beeing in the public eye must be really hard (i could never do that!), but i just wished he wouldn't let himself be influenced that much by a handfull idiots...

Why does a waitress remember that one lousy customer but couldn't distinguish one nice experience from the next?

Why does a hitter in baseball focus on how he's been striking out lately, rather than the hundreds of hits in his career?

Why does that one person that cut you off in traffic put you in a grumpy mood when the rest of your drive went smoothly?

yeah, i get, what you're saying..i just wished it wouldn't be like that. it makes me sad. i just feel, like i've been put into one group with those people. eventhough i could care less who they cover at a concert or what song they gonne play. i don't care, because i know it's gonne be great and i'm going to like it, whatever they do.
as some people allready have written here, i guess, the greater they get, the more people like that are going to show up at concerts. i guess we fans, the band and everyone else involved have just learn how to deal with that..
Yeah, humans seem to focus on the bad no matter how small, since the bad is what affects more than a smile, a hug,kind words, etc. Sometimes we as people just need a High Five or a Hug when they struggle through something like constant bad things until it can let up.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 am

JimmyB wrote:

Yeah, humans seem to focus on the bad no matter how small, since the bad is what affects more than a smile, a hug,kind words, etc.  Sometimes we as people just need a High Five or a Hug when they struggle through something like constant bad things until it can let up.

High Five Hug 
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 am

As far as I can see he's brought it on himself. Anytime he mentions a new album he always lists a few bands that people can compare it too. That along with the mega references don't help in dispelling these comparisons and chants. Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but at one stage didn't he even encourage fans to bring request signs with them?

Edit.
Just saw they ended the New York show with a cover? Come on guys, you're bringing it on yourselves!
Back to top Go down
Boy From Little Eden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Daire wrote:
As far as I can see he's brought it on himself. Anytime he mentions a new album he always lists a few bands that people can compare it too. That along with the mega references don't help in dispelling these comparisons and chants. Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but at one stage didn't he even encourage fans to bring request signs with them?

Edit.
Just saw they ended the New York show with a cover? Come on guys, you're bringing it on yourselves!

I could not agree more
Back to top Go down
BereasaTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BereasaTGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:39 pm

I just think that Brian is tired, they've touring nonstop, also they have grown big after the release of HW and that they are trying to deal with it. In some ways reminds of PJ when they were so succesfull and didn't know how to act or what to do. We need to give them space, leave them alone a cheer them when they comeback.

In the end everything is going to be fine
Back to top Go down
BereasaTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BereasaTGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Everybody suffers rough patches and everybody has periods on their life where even the silliest thing makes you mad.

We need to be supportive and comprehensive instead of criticising
Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:26 pm

if he didnt want to be compared to them, he should never mention these bands like he had in interviews in the past. Acted or talked like these artist, be your own man. we are all influenced by others, but be your own

an also, welcome to a big time label, they own you.. gaslight been touring nonstop it catches up with you/
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:01 pm

BereasaTGA wrote:
I just think that Brian is tired, they've touring nonstop, also they have grown big after the release of HW and that they are trying to deal with it. In some ways reminds of PJ when they were so succesfull and didn't know how to act or what to do. We need to give them space, leave them alone a cheer them when they comeback.

In the end everything is going to be fine

My thoughts exactly. Brian just seems tired and run down and I guess all of its affecting him personally. I was more critical until he cleared the air. I wish him well.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:45 am

prettyontheinsidex wrote:
Is hard to just him a break when this has been going on for a while now. I feel like it's this weekend was just a mess. And the live shows have not been as good as they have been. Every band has ups and downs but that timblr post was a little weird.
i saw them about a month ago and they were great. brian had the craic with the audience and the band. and my mate was working at that show and hasn't stopped raving about them since.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 am

They were ripping him to shreds on the Hold Steady forum.  I tried to stick up for him; its sort of tough to be convincing when I can't expose anything he said in his post.  But yeah, seems like some people might be writing the TGA off from this one.

ALSO, they really need to take that Tumblr post down.

Last edited by jzancan on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:33 am

What's the THS forum?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:34 am

The Hold Steady?
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:43 am

Yes, The Hold Steady. Edited my post to be more clear.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:44 am

Oh OK, I didn't make THAT connection.
Silly now that I think of it. Might be because I'm so tired today ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:29 pm

To me, it's a shame people aren't taking the tumblr post the right way. They're taking his words and twisting them to make it sound like he's saying "I'm too awesome to be associated with Springsteen" and that's clearly not what he's saying if any of these critics bother to read the post properly. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, just that people are taking it wrong.

I still don't know what anyone's talking about though when they say the shows weren't good this weekend. Aside from the problematic end to the Sunday show, the other two were the best I've ever seen of them.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:31 pm

They are STILL ripping and tearing him to shreds on Backstreets.com. If you try to stand up for him on there, you get called "tone deaf,lacking musical taste,etc". I love Springsteen, it's some of the fans that annoy me a lot of the time.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:36 pm

This weekends shows weren't terrible, but in the past few months they just weren't so great...a lot of off nights. I think they should take the tumblr post down because although I understand what he meant by it, I think it all came out wrong and it sounds kind of pompous. It kinda of says "were not the same guys who wrote the '59 sound and if that's what you liked about us then, sorry that's never going to be us again at all." I get they can't write the same record over and and over and they need to evolve and all that but it kind of wrote off everything they had done before.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:34 pm

I think this tumblr post actually makes a lot of sense. I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Doing the same thing day in and day out takes its toll, and everyone's allowed to be tired, cranky, whatever.

I just think it's time to take a break from touring, and things will be fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:43 pm

To me, it's a shame people aren't taking the tumblr post the right way. They're taking his words and twisting them to make it sound like he's saying "I'm too awesome to be associated with Springsteen" and that's clearly not what he's saying if any of these critics bother to read the post properly. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, just that people are taking it wrong.

I still don't know what anyone's talking about though when they say the shows weren't good this weekend. Aside from the problematic end to the Sunday show, the other two were the best I've ever seen of them.

Exactly. Sometimes there are just these insane ways how people take Brians words. Or just any words by anybody by any people. Just learn to read goddamned! You got through high school or college or whatever and now you tell me you cant read one Tumblr post carefully and think about it the same time!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Sami wrote:

Exactly. Sometimes there are just these insane ways how people take Brians words. Or just any words by anybody by any people. Just learn to read goddamned! You got through high school or college or whatever and now you tell me you cant read one Tumblr post carefully and think about it the same time!

Honestly I don't think the post is THAT bad, but I can see how it comes across as arrogant and disrespectful (to Springsteen and to Gaslight fans).

I think the actual incident was a lot worse then the post. But hey, it is in the past now Smile.
Back to top Go down
ncl1968
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:13 pm

At the end of the day they just need to focus on new albums promotion tour new stuff and after a while they will have a bigger back category they can draw from instead of getting into fans arguments about what song they want to here the more they record the longer the choice for the band to choose from at gigs.....why get involved in set list rows when all you've ever got in your armour is three albums
Back to top Go down
http://www.nigellawry.weebly.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:46 am

Ghost wrote:
Sami wrote:

Honestly I don't think the post is THAT bad, but I can see how it comes across as arrogant and disrespectful (to Springsteen and to Gaslight fans).

I think the actual incident was a lot worse then the post. But hey, it is in the past now Smile.

I think often times people react to an initial situation or incident that gets misunderstood and then refuse to consider that maybe they had the wrong perspective. And then when a person defends themselves they only make it worse. Like in this case, while Brian was trying to explain his perspective and make a point in the post, certain people had already decided to read it through a certain lens so he didn't stand a chance at sounding reasonable to them. The best thing he could probably do at this point is drop the matter and move on (but that's always easier said than done), and eventually everyone else will too. And if they don't, sucks for them. So you're right, it's in the past, and that's probably the best perspective to take now Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's tumblr post discussion   Brian's tumblr post discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's tumblr post discussion
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next