DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)

Go down 
+86
23Punk
ral
angryjohnny27
mja271
BereasaTGA
Forum Owner
jonnyz83
kappanera
No Retreat
bigbug
The Angry Johnny Revue
lo
brunswick18
Rizz
Hasler09
TheEmptyBones
The_River
matkins
'49mercury
Prisoner
Hirti
Vibes
pepperedham
Keele
jzancan
Tincan Sailor
BKO5950505
HorribleCrowe
flannel
Asmith1912
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
mingus
Zach_Edelman
Thunder Peel
33RPMHero
BossTime
jensomniac
bt211
Shrewsbury_Stars
Roe
mely88
big blue
TGAFAN25
jonester
FrankieG
cdala
crutchfield
Jaws
zerb012345
Anya_TGA
bringiton_ty
_rebekka_
Joe Thumb
sjoy89
Jerseyrain
SirBrad
CapedAvenger
saraM87
rotmitweißenpunkten
rumham
Ghost
Yozzy
simo
RobertODonnell
enola
Labhras
Debonair
SammyHutchison
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
borrowedcar
Jack
JimmyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
thomas94
The Last Jukebox Romeo
cmigs
Hanswurst
Steve70s
CluckyB
eagles1139
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Christophe
njguy99
steady now steady now
90 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Honestly, Handwritten was a fucking appalling excuse for music.

Honestly? One of my favorite albums by anyone. Opinions are fun!  sunny 

From Bruce Springsteen's site re: Nashville:

" But the encores started last night with the elegiac “The Wall,” dedicated to “Brian” (presumably Brian Fallon of The Gaslight Anthem, who was in the house and who had previously expressed an interest in covering the song)."

I'm sure he meant he meant Brian Fallon. There you go:

Their relationship to Springsteen is more than strange. Thought that chapter would have been closed after Brian's statement in July (after the NYC show)  Very Happy

Yeah but are they not allowed to have a relationship with him just because they don't want to be constantly compared to/associated with him ALL the time? Besides, as Brian said at the 2nd Crossroads show, he's not gonna let it stop him from doing what he wants (play Bruce covers, attend shows, whatever). I think it's cool that Bruce dedicated this song to him. Even though they're like pals now, stuff like this probably never gets old. Thanks for posting the video.

Sure they are...I should have said public relationship Wink . I just expected they would try to get some distance from all the Springsteen comparisons and not provoke that some people (e.g. journalists) start writing/talking about them as "the sons of Springsteen" or similar nonsense more often again. I mean, of course it's okay if they go to Bruce's concerts. Nobody wants to stop them (especially Brian) being fans of his music...I just thought it's not that clever to publicise that on all the social media -for everyone to see it- if you don't want people to say how close to Springsteen the band is. Sometimes I kinda feel as if they'd play with that Springsteen-image while trying to abandon it.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 10:45 pm

thomas94 wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

" But the encores started last night with the elegiac “The Wall,” dedicated to “Brian” (presumably Brian Fallon of The Gaslight Anthem, who was in the house and who had previously expressed an interest in covering the song)."

Their relationship to Springsteen is more than strange. Thought that chapter would have been closed after Brian's statement in July (after the NYC show)  Very Happy

Yeah but are they not allowed to have a relationship with him just because they don't want to be constantly compared to/associated with him ALL the time? Besides, as Brian said at the 2nd Crossroads show, he's not gonna let it stop him from doing what he wants (play Bruce covers, attend shows, whatever). I think it's cool that Bruce dedicated this song to him. Even though they're like pals now, stuff like this probably never gets old. Thanks for posting the video.

Sure they are...I should have said public relationship Wink . I just expected they would try to get some distance from all the Springsteen comparisons and not provoke that some people (e.g. journalists) start writing/talking about them as "the sons of Springsteen" or similar nonsense more often again. I mean, of course it's okay if they go to Bruce's concerts. Nobody wants to stop them (especially Brian) being fans of his music...I just thought it's not that clever to publicise that on all the social media -for everyone to see it- if you don't want people to say how close to Springsteen the band is. Sometimes I kinda feel as if they'd play with that Springsteen-image while trying to abandon it.

Well, to be fair, BRUCE mentioned Brian, not the other way around. and Gaslight has made no mention of this event. Also, either because Bruce is a smart man and realized what was going on, or because Brian filled him in, he chose to just dedicate it to "Brian" not "Brian of the Gaslight Anthem" or "Brian Fallon". I don't think that was an accident.

Honestly, like I said, I don't think Brian really gives a f*ck anymore what people say about him and Bruce and the band and all this nonsense. Or at least, for his own sanity, he's trying very hard not to. He's gonna do what he wants. The smart people will recognize that while comparisons can be drawn, they only make up a small portion of what makes Gaslight, Gaslight and what makes Brian, Brian, and there are many other aspects of who they are that are worth talking about. The fools will keep living in Springsteen-comparison land and there's nothing he or anyone else can do about it.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:31 am

I think that Brian covering Atlantic City at the Crossroads show was his statement that he doesn't give a fuck anymore about people harping on the Bruce comparison.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:40 am

eagles1139 wrote:
I think that Brian covering Atlantic City at the Crossroads show was his statement that he doesn't give a fuck anymore about people harping on the Bruce comparison.

Yeah, and he all but said he didn't give a fuck about it, right before he played it. He used nicer words but I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. Wink
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 3:07 am

4/19/14 (Weekend)

http://instagram.com/p/m_xwoFmdGB/
click for photo:

Last edited by Debonair on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 10:26 am

thomas94 wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Well, to be fair, BRUCE mentioned Brian, not the other way around. and Gaslight has made no mention of this event. Also, either because Bruce is a smart man and realized what was going on, or because Brian filled him in, he chose to just dedicate it to "Brian" not "Brian of the Gaslight Anthem" or "Brian Fallon". I don't think that was an accident.

Honestly, like I said, I don't think Brian really gives a f*ck anymore what people say about him and Bruce and the band and all this nonsense. Or at least, for his own sanity, he's trying very hard not to. He's gonna do what he wants. The smart people will recognize that while comparisons can be drawn, they only make up a small portion of what makes Gaslight, Gaslight and what makes Brian, Brian, and there are many other aspects of who they are that are worth talking about. The fools will keep living in Springsteen-comparison land and there's nothing he or anyone else can do about it.

I hope what you write in your last words is true, would be wonderful if Brian finally had his own way to go own with the whole Springsteen-topic and handling the situation with some souvereignity. But yeah, I kinda wondered when the Band posted about that event(which they did indeed - via Facebook "local guys played Nashville tonight #tommorellokilledit" and on Instagram). And my first thought after reading it was "that's strange, never thought they'd start writing about Springsteen this fast without someone asking them about him" ..but if they like to, why not?

I guess it's time to start talking about the album again  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Quick question, when Brian was asking Bruce about "The Wall," was he asking to record it on the new album or don't we know?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 pm

4/20/14 (Weekend)

Tweets

Quote :
@Perkins28: Me and @xandermilia are going down to Clarksdale to sell our souls to the devil. #happyeaster

Instagram

http://instagram.com/p/nBDxm8jCzO/
click for photo:

http://instagram.com/p/nBpOcMDC7Y/
click for photo:

http://instagram.com/p/nBtOzuiul_/
click for photo:

Youtube

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Up18GOvkfBs
click for video:
According to this interview with journalist Al Ford: Brian Fallon was in attendance for Jack Whites world record setting "Fastest Record Release" in Nashville on 4/19/14
(Brian Fallon mention around 6:40)

Last edited by Debonair on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:31 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Quick question, when Brian was asking Bruce about "The Wall," was he asking to record it on the new album or don't we know?

I don't think so. Just a guess: The quote was from a Rolling Stones interview in January 2014. From what I can tell Brian called when high hopes was being recorded. At least that's how it sounds from the whole quote. So that would have been in the 2013-ish time frame. Maybe it was being considered for the fan club track instead of tom waits? That was the only real time brian or TGA was in studio and covered a song in 2013 right? My best guess...
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Debonair wrote:

I don't think so. Just a guess: The quote was from a Rolling Stones interview in January 2014. From what I can tell Brian called when high hopes was being recorded. At least that's how it sounds from the whole quote. So that would have been in the 2013-ish time frame. Maybe it was being considered for the fan club track instead of tom waits? That was the only real time brian or TGA was in studio and covered a song in 2013 right? My best guess...

Ah yeah you're probably right there, I forgot about that. I was just wondering because he wouldn't really have to call just to cover it.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 4:50 pm

thomas94 wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

I hope what you write in your last words is true, would be wonderful if Brian finally had his own way to go own with the whole Springsteen-topic and handling the situation with some souvereignity. But yeah, I kinda wondered when the Band posted about that event(which they did indeed - via Facebook "local guys played Nashville tonight #tommorellokilledit" and on Instagram). And my first thought after reading it was "that's strange, never thought they'd start writing about Springsteen this fast without someone asking them about him" ..but if they like to, why not?

I guess it's time to start talking about the album again  Very Happy

To clarify, I didn't say they didn't post about being at the concert, I said they didn't post about Bruce dedicating the song to Brian.  

But anyway, we've discussed this to death, haha. It's probably time for everyone to drop the issue and move on because even by discussing how Brian doesn't want to be constantly compared to Springsteen, keeps that comparison issue alive. So I agree, back to the album!

Debonair wrote:

Ah yeah you're probably right there, I forgot about that. I was just wondering because he wouldn't really have to call just to cover it.

I'd think it would be a professional courtesy to give him a call if you're friends with him.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 4:07 pm

4/21/14 (Final Days in Nashville)

Instagram

http://instagram.com/p/nD_bGIJP8n/
click for photo:

http://instagram.com/p/nEs66HCurs/
click for photo:
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:03 pm

I don't know if this goes here or not, but...
You've probably seen I've been posting about the new Jack White record? Part of it was his "Fastest Record in the World" stunt that he pulled off. I don't think any pictures were posted, but according to this video Brian was there!

around 6:40 they mention it.

I guess it would be Nashville related.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Man, I wish I still lived in Nashville. There are always so many cool music-related things going on there and I miss not being able to see things like this. Texas is so boring! ^_^
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:26 pm

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 927919_611191002306507_2074375351_n

From @Jonny2Bags' Instagram, posted on RSD (this past Saturday).

"#brianfallon sez... "Happy Record Store Day Motherfuckers!!!" @thegaslightanthem #salvationtown"

Jonny played Saturday in Asbury Park and since I didn't know where this was (till I snooped the comments and someone said it was Grimey's in Nashville), I panicked and thought they were home already.  scratch Embarassed
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Those don't look like any Third Man releases, but it's still awesome he hung around there for a bit.

If only he and Jack would work together in someway sometime. IF they talked, this COULD be the start to something awesome.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:35 pm

He's holding Jonny's album Smile
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:55 pm

great picture Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:58 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
Those don't look like any Third Man releases, but it's still awesome he hung around there for a bit.

If only he and Jack would work together in someway sometime. IF they talked, this COULD be the start to something awesome.

Hey You never know cat popper and jack white worked together so brian and him are only a step away....
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:07 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
You've probably seen I've been posting about the new Jack White record? Part of it was his "Fastest Record in the World" stunt that he pulled off. I don't think any pictures were posted, but according to this video Brian was there!

I can add it to the list if you think it's worth the add. If I'm understanding the snippet he's just saying he ran into brian at a record store on record store day (Saturday). I would update 4/20/14 since that's when the video was posted.

Side note- updated 4/19/14 with the johnny2bags photo. Please post if anyone finds anymore post - will update the list.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm

4/22/14 (Final Days in Nashville)

Instagram

http://instagram.com/p/nGyY8KCuny/
click for photo:
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Debonair wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

I can add it to the list if you think it's worth the add. If I'm understanding the snippet he's just saying he ran into brian at a record store on record store day (Saturday).  I would update 4/20/14 since that's when the video was posted.

Side note-  updated 4/19/14 with the johnny2bags photo. Please post if anyone finds anymore post - will update the list.

I think you should because Brian WAS at a world record setting event in Nashville. The guy also talks about how they just finished their record. Your call Deb.

About them working together, I saw the Kat Popper connection right away and was stoked. I hope something forms.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:06 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

I can add it to the list if you think it's worth the add. If I'm understanding the snippet he's just saying he ran into brian at a record store on record store day (Saturday).  I would update 4/20/14 since that's when the video was posted.

Side note-  updated 4/19/14 with the johnny2bags photo. Please post if anyone finds anymore post - will update the list.

I think you should because Brian WAS at a world record setting event in Nashville. The guy also talks about how they just finished their record. Your call Deb.

About them working together, I saw the Kat Popper connection right away and was stoked. I hope something forms.

Hey what's the harm - It's a cool little fact. Added under 4/20.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:52 pm

4/23/14 (Final Days in Nashville)

Instagram

http://instagram.com/p/nJUfTkiuiC/
click for photo:
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Debonair wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
Debonair wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

Hey what's the harm - It's a cool little fact. Added under 4/20.

Awesome. I wonder if Brian bought one or was just there. I hope he would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)   2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details) - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 new Gaslight Anthem album news (pre-details)
Page 21 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next