DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fest 12!

Go down 
+4
colmillionaire
MKULTRA
A_Regular
CluckyB
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Mixtapes is the epitome of "eh ok". I like that 7 inch with the donuts on it.

You Blew It were honestly better than I ever could have expected. I never listen to the Fakey P's side on that split. Exclusively just for the YBI tracks.... I love them. But then again I love all of that emo worship-twinkle daddies stuff. Not for everybody.

Gonna have to write down the bands I absolutely need to see. Conflicts this year are gonna be brutal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:52 pm

I absolutely love everything Mixtapes has done prior to the new album. The new one is just really boring.

I also love twinkly emo stuff and find You Blew It! boring. I dunno why.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 12:46 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Mixtapes is the epitome of "eh ok". I like that 7 inch with the donuts on it.

You Blew It were honestly better than I ever could have expected. I never listen to the Fakey P's side on that split. Exclusively just for the YBI tracks.... I love them. But then again I love all of that emo worship-twinkle daddies stuff. Not for everybody.

Gonna have to write down the bands I absolutely need to see. Conflicts this year are gonna be brutal.

The only bands I absolutely *need* to see are the Lawrence Arms, Captain We're Sinking and the Menzingers. Don't see any of those guys conflicting on the schedule though and I wouldn't be shocked if we get them all at the venue one of the days, but like two of my favorite bands (one of which I've never seen before, the other of which I haven't gotten to see a full Fest show yet for dumb reasons) and the guys who have put out my favorite album so far this year.

The bands I *want* to see is way too long. Already accepted there is going to be at least one conflict between two bands I'd go see if they were playing here regardless of who else was on the lineup.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Obviously gonna try and see all of my friends' bands and def check into bands that I have never seen or heard before. My only must sees are David Liebe Hart and Dillinger Four. If I see other bands that would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 am

Fake Problems just announced on twitter they're playing. Had kinda given up hope on that one. Now I'm beyond stoked.

Last three bits of magic to hope for: Modern Baseball manages to get a spot, Front Bottoms also make a late appearance, and Frank Turner decides to accompanying The Smith Street Band on their tour diversion to Gainsville
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:26 am

Pretty neat about Fakey P's. Seen them enough though.

Front Bottoms are huge over here. Its absolutely crazy the shows/venues that they sell out. Still not sure if I understand the hype, but its cool they are doing so well.

Modern Baseball is touring over your way in August. Get stoked and go, dunno the exact dates.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:05 am

Crap, Cerce broke up so they are no longer playing. Instead their new project lovechild (what a terrible name) is playing. Pretty run of the mill. Ah well.

Enjoying punk music is hard because your favorite bands constantly break up. Can't sweat that small stuff though, too many dope bands are playing this year as per always.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 3:02 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Pretty neat about Fakey P's. Seen them enough though.

Front Bottoms are huge over here. Its absolutely crazy the shows/venues that they sell out. Still not sure if I understand the hype, but its cool they are doing so well.

Modern Baseball is touring over your way in August. Get stoked and go, dunno the exact dates.

Front Bottoms are getting pretty big everywhere. Got at least a 100 people in the venue they were in over here. More than Menzingers got for sure. I Think the Say Anything tour helped them a lot. That and just having good music. They are very similar to Modern Baseball in my mind... they both have the same kind of emoish "life is hard and often kinda sucks but if we sing about it we can all feel a little better for a while" vibe.

At least half the punk bands that do break up decide to do a final show at fest, right? Smile 
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Bobby posted it on the Lucero page, but they have announced they are playing The Fest this year. The admins of The Fest added their name to the banners all over the site before officially announcing it, so everybody who visits that site have known for a little bit.

Speaking of reunions, can't wait for the We Were Skeletons reunion at Fest 15.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:20 pm

#iwishsanamwerecomingtofest
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:27 pm

holy shit like I honestly didn't think that this festival could get any better than and that was *before* they added two of my favorite bands. I somehow didn't even have this one on my magic list...

I count at least 20 bands playing this festival that I would definitely go see if they were doing a Seattle show and probably another 15 I'd consider seeing depending on where they were playing/who they were playing with.

Even with four days to spread everything out, the conflicts are going to be really really painful this year.

seriously though yeah. Sanam -- Lucero. Fake Problems. Lawrence Arms. Is there literally no way you can make it this year? Sad
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 7:36 pm

I've seen around 150 of the bands on the list so far and I only really have to see Dillinger Four. This is going to be the best 4 days of my life.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Probably seen around 50 of them. Mostly at previous fests... (I mean, compared to fest ten where I think I had only seen like two of the bands playing...).

D4 is on my list of "bands I'd probably enjoy seeing if there is nothing else going on" but are pretty down the list of fest bands to catch. I donno. Guess I just have never bothered to get into them enough. Also I think I just prefer seeing the smaller bands at fest. Will see Lawrence Arms and Menzingers for sure, but even Bouncing Souls I'll skip if someone like Banquets are playing the same time.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:11 pm

D4 might play once or twice in a given year. Last time they played philly was 08. Before that 05. They are probably the best/laziest band ever. An extreme rarity.

I'll absolutely skip the Souls, I've seen them more than I've seen Gaslight.

Buds bands: Timeshares, Sundials, Hold Tight!, Aspiga, Close Talker

Bigger bands: D4, Paint it Black

Now I can't be too bummed if I don't get into a show. Plus Timeshares told me there are playing on Saturday. Thank god, they were the first set of Fest 10 on Sunday. It was brutal. But Saturday...... thats gonna be the day I'm the most drunk.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:19 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
D4 might play once or twice in a given year. Last time they played philly was 08. Before that 05. They are probably the best/laziest band ever. An extreme rarity.

I'll absolutely skip the Souls, I've seen them more than I've seen Gaslight.

Buds bands: Timeshares, Sundials, Hold Tight!, Aspiga, Close Talker

Bigger bands: D4, Paint it Black

Now I can't be too bummed if I don't get into a show. Plus Timeshares told me there are playing on Saturday. Thank god, they were the first set of Fest 10 on Sunday. It was brutal. But Saturday...... thats gonna be the day I'm the most drunk.

Saturday afternoon/early evening is great is great. Saturday night shows tend to be dangerous though. Everyone was so tired and hammered Saturday night last year that like no one really had any energy for RCR. Come Sunday, people know to pace themselves a little better. (or maybe just they don't start their day at noon like they do on Saturday which is why the early Sunday shows are also tough)
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Ah crap Iron Chic too! They live in NY and barely tour. I can never see them enough.

But Drew I gotta agree with ya about Saturday night. I remember small portions of Saturday night Fest 10. I apparently saw D4. I have 0 recollection of it.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:13 pm

"later today we will announce more bands. two reunions, two legends, one who has not played since fest 3, and more. http://www.thefestfl.com"

looks like they have even more aces up their sleeve..
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Well now I can finally say that Modern Baseball is playing Fest since they are on the roster right now, although not officially announced.

My guesses are in terms of reunions * (a term that is so loosely used now): Modern Life is War, Planes Mistaken for Stars, Lifetime, Radon

Also Koji gets announced today as well, hes pretty good
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Bands apparently added so far: (lookin at the numbers in the html source)

Tim-Kasher
The-Moms
Whiskey-Co
Weatherbox
Lucero
AC-Deathstrike
Ex-Friends
White-Wives
Julie-Karr
Bad-Magic
Courtesy-Drop
Pale-Angels
Deep-Sleep
Half-Hearted-Hero
Listener
Modern-Baseball
Modern-Baseball (yeah they appear twice!)
Pile
LVL-UP
Flashlights

any standouts besides Modern Baseball and Lucero?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Cross My Heart appears to be one of the reunion bands:

http://www.thefestfl.com/fest12/band/374

So, as we make our way through July we bring you, what very well might be, the last batch of bands confirmed for FEST 12. I am sure a few will get added here and there but from what we see this will be the last of the BIG bands playing. So with that we are super excited to let you know that the following people will be joining our party!

Lucero (has not played FEST since FEST 3!!!), J. Robbins (Jawbox, Burning Airlines, Government Issue, Office of Future Plans) will be playing an intimate best of his career backed by drums and a cello!, Tim Kasher (Cursive/ Good Life), Cross My Heart (Reunion), Drag the River, Deep Sleep, Weatherbox, White Wives, Modern Baseball, Pile, Whiskey & Co., Flashlights, Listener, Pale Angles, LVL UP, AC Deathstrike, Courtesy Drop, Bad Magic, Julie Karr, The Moms, and Half Hearted Hero.

Also apparently on top of everything else they are doing a full two day comedy lineup. Which I probably won't go to just due to the amount of other stuff happening but you never know. After seeing Kyle Kinane drunk history bit I kinda wanna see him. Smile 
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Apparently I cannot count, these are the bands that I've already seen.

Address
Adventures
After The Fall
Aspiga
Astpai
Bangers
Banquets
Bouncing Souls
Bridge & Tunnel
Broadcaster
Broadway Calls
Candy Hearts
Captain, We’re Sinking
Caseracer
Cayetana
Ceremony
Citizen
Close Talker
Code Orange Kids
Crybaby
Dads
Daylight
Dikembe
Direct Effect
Direct Hit!
Dowsing
Elway
Empire! Empire!
Fake Problems
Fucking Invincible
Glocca Morra
Good Graces
Hold Tight!
Hop Along
Iron Chic
Kite Party
Larry and His Flask
Laura Stevenson
Leagues Apart
Lee Corey Oswald
Lemuria
Light Years
Lipstick Homicide
Little Big League
Lucero
Luther
LVL Up
Ma Jolie
Masked Intruder
Mikey Erg
Mixtapes
Modern Baseball
Nona
Old Flings
Old Gray
Paint it Black
Pentimento
Pity Sex
Placeholder
Plow United
Polar Bear Club
Prawn
Restorations
Run Forever
RVIVR
Sainthood Reps
Samiam
Sea of Storms
Sidekicks
Signals Midwest
Slingshot Dakota
Smoke or Fire
Soul Control
State Lines
Sundials
Teenage Bottlerocket
Tenement
The Dopamines
The Fake Boys
The Flatliners
The Greek Favourites
The Holy Mess
The Max Levine Ensemble
The Menzingers
The Moms
The Reptillian
The Stereo State
The Swellers
The Wild
The World Is…..
Tim Barry
Timeshares
Titus Andronicus
Two Hand Fools
White Wives
Worlds Scariest Police Chases
Xerxes
You Blew It!

Last edited by colmillionaire on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 2:49 pm

by my count: (certainly missing some bands I've seen at past fests, also probably missing some openers that I've seen at other shows and probably a couple or two that I just accidentally deleted (missed Restorations the first pass through my list))

A Wilhelm Scream
American Lies
Andrew Jackson Jihad
Arliss Nancy
Banner Pilot (how have you never seen these guys Colin???)
Banquets
Blacklist Royals
Bouncing Souls
Broadway Calls
Captain, We're Sinking
Citizen
Cobra Skulls
Dads
Elway
Fake Problems
Junior Battles (also see these guys if you have a chance)
Larry and His Flask
Lemuria
Lucero
Luther
Masked Intruder
Mixtapes
No Trigger
Nothington
Polar Bear Club
Red City Radio
Restorations
Samiam
Teenage Bottlerocket
The Dopamines
The Flatliners
The Holy Mess
The Menzingers
The Smith Street Band (At least, I will have seen them by Festtime)
The Swellers
The World Is a Beautiful Place
Tiny Empire
Titus Andronicus
Weatherbox
You Blew It!

so thats like, a third as long as your list =)
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Brainworms reunion....holy shit, holy shit, holy shit. One of the only bands I listened to freshman year of college.

Brendan Kelly is also playing acoustic, that should be a disaster.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:14 pm

woah the dangerous summer is playing? Wouldn't have expected that. Think they are more in the pop punk scene both musically and fanbase wise so it'll be interesting to see what sort of reception they get at fest. (Guys like Swellers and Mixtapes which also get associated with the pop punk bands are fest regulars so its not completely out of the blue, just different)
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:00 pm

schedule coming Friday. Bracing myself for the horrendous collisions.

as long as I get to see the following guys:

Lawrence Arms
Menzingers
Captain
Fake Problems
Modern Baseball

I won't be terribly disappointed. But like, I'll be mega bummed if I miss any of those guys.

Ideally though they'll be no collisions whatsoever and I'll get to see like all 20-30 guys on my list. Right? =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fest 12! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fest 12!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next