DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fest 12!

Go down 
+4
colmillionaire
MKULTRA
A_Regular
CluckyB
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:46 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Clucky! see the Wild!!

but... Bouncing Souls... Sad 

At first there were only like two conflicts but then I discovered more good bands and the schedule moved and now there are like 6-7 conflicts Sad 
but you have seen the souls before....correct?  or at least listen to the new Wild record available free on quote unquote records titled "dreams are maps"
yeah I've listened to it. Its pretty good stuff. And I've seen the Souls before too. But like, its the Bouncing Souls. Its gonna be hard to pass up seeing them Sad 
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:43 am

Dude don't be a lame-o. See The Wild. I've seen The Souls 25-30 times at this point (I'm sure you're close). Go see The Wild. Its gonna rule. I'm also gonna try and hug Paul Baribeau.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 3:35 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Dude don't be a lame-o. See The Wild. I've seen The Souls 25-30 times at this point (I'm sure you're close). Go see The Wild. Its gonna rule. I'm also gonna try and hug Paul Baribeau.
its only been like three Embarassed some of us don't live in NJ / didn't start listening to good music until way too late in life Mad 

still probably going to see the Wild because Fest is for checking out new bands. Same reason I'm probably going to not even catch any of Lucero so I can go see Great Lakes USA and State Lines. It just seems silly not to see Lucero or the Souls Sad 

still undecided if I do Arliss Nancy or Cross My Heart though. Liked Arliss Nancy last year and their new album is really good but at the same time Cross My Heart is playing right before Fake Problems and I imagine it'll be a lot more likely Arliss Nancy plays next year as week.

Also no idea what I'm doing Friday night. Masked Intruder is probably a go. Flatliners too though wouldn't be sad if I wound up somewhere else. But then to close out the night... maybe I Am The Avalanche... any idea how they are live? Any of the other bands playing that slot a must see?

saturday is all planned though. 12 hours of great bands all in a row
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:38 am

Saturday is way too much. My friend is drumming for You Blew It! and all of those friends at The Wooly all in a row?! Its insane. I cannot wait. Party all the time.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:04 pm

I just hope I'm able to pace myself enough to still be standing for Captain
Back to top Go down

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:46 pm

you guys gonna check out Diarrhea Planet on nov 1?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:53 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Will probably be there for the last ten minutes or so as I'll go from The Atlantic to to the Venue after Junior Battles to catch Cobra Skulls. Unless I decided to stay at The Atlantic to see Great Cynics. Heard good things about those guys as well...
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 12:28 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Maybe! Was probably gonna just stick around the Wooly that day because of the Brainworms reunion. Thats my day of loud stuff.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Leaving tomorrow at 9am. Dunno when/if I'll return. Its been lovely Fest 12 thread a.k.a "Colin and Drew gushing about how much they love Fest."
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:47 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Leaving tomorrow at 9am. Dunno when/if I'll return. Its been lovely Fest 12 thread a.k.a "Colin and Drew gushing about how much they love Fest."
You driving the whole way or flying? When are you expected to get in?

I leave at like 10:30pm tomorrow night, get into GNV at like 10:30 AM Thursday morning. Woo timezones Mad 

SANAM NOT HAVING YOU THERE WILL BE THE ONLY BAD THING ABOUT FEST. IF COLIN AND/OR I DON'T SURVIVE THIS YEAR ITS BEEN NICE KNOWING YOU BRO Smile 
Back to top Go down

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 am

HAVE FUN YOU DIPSHITS.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Bought so much crap and had so much fun.

Thursday:
Chumped
AJJ
Tim Barry
Lemuria
The Menzingers
Astpai (Hold Steady)
The Wild
Leagues Apart (Rancid)

Friday:
Real Friends (Acoustic)
Tanner from YBI!
Caravels
Creative Adult
Pity Sex
Calculator
BRAINWORMS
Sleepytime Trio
Pianos Become The Teeth
Banner Pilot (mystery set)
Pentimento
Luther

Saturday:
Old Gray
Banner Pilot
Iron Chic (best set of Fest, if you disagree, you weren't there)
Dikembe
Broadcaster
Timeshares
MoBo
Sundials
You Blew It!
Banquets
Hold Tight!
Captain, We're Sinking
Iron Chic (Secret set)

Sunday:
Comedy Showcase at Rockeys featuring Kyle Kinane
Zebu!
The Reptilian
Tiny Moving Parts
Greenland is Melting
Titus Andronicus
BIG DICK (went as a joke, it ruled)
The Larry Arms
Knapsack
Lucero
State Lines
Astpai (Hold Steady)
Some band I dunno doing RATM covers
Dikembe (Pixies)

Best Fest yet. I missed Sanam and most of my RVA friends. But Josh Raymond was there. He's coming back. Brace yourself. The mad Texan swore his return.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:13 pm

I was at Iron Chic and didn't think it was the best Fest set =P But part of that could be I just haven't taken the time to really get into them. Hard to say who had the best set. Probably Fake Problems, though MoBo was also really good. Also Banquets, Captain, Junior Battles, Elway, RCR... I mean what a weekend.

How was Lucero? Thought about going, but really wanted to see Great Lakes plus was already worn out at that point. Figured I'd see Lucero something again within a year anyways.

Also does Captain normally not play A Bitter Divorce? The banter sounded like he said he wasn't used playing it. Its hands down their best song so either way I'm really glad they played it.

*tries to recall full schedule*

Thursday:

Holy Mess
Red City Radio
Larry and his Flask
AJJ
Mustard Plug (watching punks try to skank was hilarious. also they were like throwing a wig around in the pit cause why not)
Menzingers
Like two minutes of TWIABP
had to give up and head back cause red eye flights suck so missed choosing between The Wild and the Souls

Friday:

Mixtapes
Broadway Calls
Restorations 'bummer' Set (they played all of like four songs, but it still lasted 20-25 minutes because it was all their longer ones. was pretty cool)
Junior Battles
Great Cynics (best band discovery)
Like half of Cobra Skulls
Masked Intruder
A few minutes of Dudes Night
Luther
Pretty Boy Thorson (easily the drunkest, sloppiest set I've see at Fest. Mics were getting dropped, the lead singers pants almost fell off... it was both awesome, hilarious and a little sad)

Saturday:

Banner Pilot
Iron Chic
Dikembe
Broadcaster (who were really awesome. listened to their album a couple of times before Fest so they can't take 'best discovery' away from Great Cynics but probably my favorite band that I wasn't already a big fan of going it)
Timeshares
Modern Baseball
Nothington
Elway
Worship This (wanted to see OWTH but really didn't want to miss Banquets)
Banquets
Hold Tight!
Captain We're Sinking

seriously between Banner Pilot, Mobo, Elway, Banquets and Captain Saturday was beyond incredible

Sunday:

Comedy showcase
Slingshot Dakota
Hop Along
Cross my heart
Fake Problems (played songs spanning their whole range of a band from their first album to a new songs. Included Dream Team, Born and Raised and How Far our Bodies Go. Really felt like a special Fesy set this year and not just a standard Fake Problems set played at Fest)
Like half of Lawrence Arms (not sure why I left early, wouldn't have had any trouble getting into 1982, but whatever I had seen all my favorites by half way)
Great Lakes USA
State Lines
Holiday Inn cover bands

but yeah. Best Fest Yet indeed.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Get into them and you will see why the people broke that barricade and that dude that had the seizure (he is fine for the record).

I did not see Fake Probs, still not super into them after listening on and off since 07. Though I did love all the #fesy hype that Chris (I assume it was him) started.

Captain has never played that since I've seen them.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Man, you guys saw some good, good bands!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:07 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Get into them and you will see why the people broke that barricade and that dude that had the seizure (he is fine for the record).

I did not see Fake Probs, still not super into them after listening on and off since 07. Though I did love all the #fesy hype that Chris (I assume it was him) started.

Captain has never played that since I've seen them.
Yeah. #fesy was all Chris. Guy is a social media wiz. Not sure if it was all planned from the start or he just ran with it after the original typo, but it was cool to see how it caught on.

Fake Problems is certainly different from your normal Fest band. Personally don't see how people can't love shit like Heart BPM or Songs for Teenagers, but everyone's tastes are different. Smile 
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:02 am

#fesy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fest 12! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 12!   Fest 12! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fest 12!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5