DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

terminal nyc 3 nights

Go down 
+48
rightturnfred
jdc
DiamondSinatra
ral
simo
Hanswurst
somewhere in jersey
eagles1139
brucesboots
dustinpardue
bt211
fatbench
matkins
Jack
moosicmaniac
DaleCooper
Debonair
LuceroDiehard
cephcarn4
Breanne
Jules
xstevenbx
cmigs
NYYFAN523
cruzila
DeathoftheCool
redheadchick
dmcraig
collectivemike
njguy99
turnitin2004
The Angry Johnny Revue
No Retreat
SevenThreeTwo
Jerseyrain
NeverTrustAJunkie
azlisa
RickySpanish
kevin_slack
Shrewsbury_Stars
prettyontheinsidex
El Jefe
StitchesOnTheRadio
big blue
EveryLittleSecret
Keeb631
Gaslight23
thebends
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:27 am

I am still up from photo editing this show. What is my life. I have friends that are getting up for work right now.
Back to top Go down
Keeb631
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Keeb631

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 am

I'm going to the show tonight, but i was just curious when have they been finishing the past two nights? I need a Northport bound train via Port Jeff, I can get off at Huntington if need be =/. Or I can wait 40min in Jamaica Queens lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ItsCoreyBrah
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 am

Right around 11:30 both nights.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:45 am

Here's the setlist
terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Imagej10

I wound up not hating Terminal 5 as much as I expected. It was my first time there and had only heard bad things. It was OK. Acoustics were OK, the space itself was OK. The staff was great - especially the bathroom attendant on the first floor. That was very cool.

I started off on the 2nd floor, but without many people gathered yet decided - stupidly - to try the first floor. I wound up on the far left side, about 10-15 rows back from the stage. It was fine, until - of course - the late-comers started pushing forward. This very tall guy slid right in front of me (I'm 5'11, he was probably 6'6 - you could imagine what the shorter people were thinking). He wouldn't stand still - he just kept backing into me, came close to spilling his beer a few times, and then actually broke out a bowl and started smoking. I tapped him on the shoulder, and said "Dude, we're not here to get high. Cut it out." He stopped. But later, he broke out the bowl again - and when I tapped him again and said "not cool," he just shrugged and took a long toke anyway.

I kept elbowing him in the ribs, so maybe that's why he finally left.

We had a group of guys nearby, maybe in their late 40s, who kept shouting "Stop playing all this slow shit!" They were obviously drunk, and I couldn't tell if they were serious. There also was a lot of chit-chat going on when Brian and Matthew Ryan were playing during the first encore.

Tonight - second floor, definitely.

A massive mosh pit broke out to the center-right of the stage during the encore too. It seemed tame-ish, but then again I only got little glimpses from my vantage point.

As to the show itself: It was good, but not the best I've ever seen. I was very impressed by Matthew Ryan. Cheap Girls didn't do much for me. The guys were workmanlike, and Brian and Alex R were having fun, but it seemed a little like they were going through the motions. Maybe that's just me. Maybe it was nerves because of the live TV broadcast.

I loved the live version of Halloween.

Oh - and I got to have a nice chat with Ian before the show. He was hanging out at the merch table. Walked over, got a picture (taken by Danny actually), and he wound up talking to us for a good 5 minutes about his hopes and dreams (no seriously), what it's like to be in the band, how nervous he gets before a show, and his love of Watford football. It's not the greatest photo, but...

terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Scott_15
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:51 am

Haha that's awesome. I always wonder how it seems like everyone on this board has a picture with some of the guys. I've never met any of em and I'm at every show in the tri state area. Would love to meet em seem like cool guys.

After the show Ian threw a bottle of water into the crowd but threw it a lot harder than he meant to. Some one in the front row caught it but was startled by it so Ian made his way over to apologize at the rail and handed out a setlist.
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Scott, I also heard nothing but bad things about the venue. From where I was, towards the front between Brian and alex r., the venue itself was fine. I could definitely see how it would suck if you arrived late and were stuck off to the side near the entrance. My complaint has to do with the crowd. I have been to six gaslight shows and this was by far the worst crowd. The mosh pit pretty much covered the entire front third of the floor, and the never endings barage of crowd surfers was annoying, to say the least. I spent more time worrying about protecting myself than actually enjoying the show. Even Brian made a sarcastic comment about it, something like "I hope you guys are enjoying this down front."
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:32 pm

I watched from the third floor balcony last night and had a great vantage point. I actually prefer the third floor balcony to the second floor and it's easier to get a good spot.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:33 pm

I thought it looked like Brian was loving the crowd surfers, but maybe that was just my interpretation. He looked very smiley and he acknowledged anyone who said something to him.

Anyway, it was a good show, not great. Brian sounded phenomenal, but maybe that was just because I was there. I'm curious to see how he sounds on the TV broadcast, where the sound is less forgiving.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:54 pm

I enjoyed last night far more than the night before. The setlist was a little bit better imo and the crowd was WAY better. Everyone around me was really friendly and seemed to be enjoying themselves a lot. I mean, of course there were a few people moshing like Hatebreed was playing, but I guess that's expected. There was a lot of homoerotiscism going on near the dance-pit; definitely got a lot of unsolicited (but welcomed) hugs and a few near-kisses – all in good fun. I had a great time. Say hi if you see me, I'd love to meet some of you.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:04 pm

big blue wrote:
I have been to six gaslight shows and this was by far the worst crowd. The mosh pit pretty much covered the entire front third of the floor, and the never endings barage of crowd surfers was annoying, to say the least. I spent more time worrying about protecting myself than actually enjoying the show. Even Brian made a sarcastic comment about it, something like "I hope you guys are enjoying this down front."

One thing I didn't get: people were crowd-surfing to Here Comes My Man. Brian seemed to have a quizzical look on his face during that.

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I watched from the third floor balcony last night and had a great vantage point. I actually prefer the third floor balcony to the second floor and it's easier to get a good spot.

I may actually head for the third instead of the second, then. I just want to be able to hear and see...and not get high or beaten up.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:43 pm

Also, this is very superficial but I noticed Brian, Alex L and especially Ian looked much fitter than the last time I saw them. Must be the road or something haha. Brian was looking mighty sexy last night, and that's coming from a straight guy.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
Also, this is very superficial but I noticed Brian, Alex L and especially Ian looked much fitter than the last time I saw them. Must be the road or something haha. Brian was looking mighty sexy last night, and that's coming from a straight guy.

They do!! I've noticed Brian and Alex L, inparticular, looking much skinnier. ( Not that they ever looked bad to begin with). I can't help but make a comment about how good Brian's hair is looking, too. I know it's superficial, but it's the truth! Wink
Back to top Go down
SevenThreeTwo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Been the last two nights and both were great though last night's show is hazy as I came from my company holiday party. I know this isn't necessarily the place for this, but if anyone has any extras for tonight I'd love to make it 3 for 3.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 pm

matkins wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:

They do!! I've noticed Brian and Alex L, inparticular, looking much skinnier. ( Not that they ever looked bad to begin with). I can't help but make a comment about how good Brian's hair is looking, too. I know it's superficial, but it's the truth! Wink

Agreed! I didn't see much different in Alex L, but Brian looked much thinner. He's back down to his playing weight Smile
Back to top Go down
fatbench
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:01 pm

I was there the last two nights. Wednesday I was with my little sister, so we were about 3/4 of the way back on the left. I enjoyed the show as I always do, sang along and did a bit of stationary dancing/head nodding, within the little space I had managed to secure around me. Last night I was with a friend of mine, a fellow 26 year old guy, and we made our way into the pit. Before you all cast your stones, allow me to offer my take on the whole crowd behavior subject. First of all, I am equally against the notion of a violent pit. I don't like being pushed, and I certainly don't push people, like I see people on the perimeter of the pit do. I understand it's one thing if someone is bumping into you to push them off, but I am referring to the people who like to stand at the edge and send unsuspecting bodies flying across the floor like some sort of atom collider. Maybe they are trying to collide two fans with such force that they breakdown into subatomic versions of themselves, revealing what the music scene looked like at at the instant brian fallon first touched a guitar string. (physics reference, anyone?) But I digress. I guess what I'm trying to say is, sometimes I like to get a little funky with my dancing, hop around a bit and not worry about bumping into a couple of people. This is where the dance pit comes in. It's the place near the stage where you can be a little more free to dance around and feed off the band. I have no interest in hitting or colliding with people around me. I envision a peaceful pit, where we can all skank/hop/shake in peace. The bottom line is everybody has their own version of the perfect crowd experience. None are ultimately the "best" or the "correct" one. My apologies if my dancing offends anyone. Hope to see you all there tonight. Let's have fun!
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Wednesday was one of my favorite shows ever. I just loved everything. Yesterday was great too but I was distracted by a lot of things, the pushing, the video cameras, the tall security guy and the girl behind me who unfortunately hasn't been blessed with a singing voice and her boyfriend hasn't been honest enough with her to say it Laughing
Will round up all the energy I have left for tonight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 pm

I don't think dancing offends anyone. Dance all you'd like. Dancing is different than getting up to a good speed and violently jumping into another mosher which in turn bangs you into someone who wants no part of moshing and knocks them over. As long as you're fun isn't harming anyone else that's fine.

But what exactly is anyone doing in the bit besides the occasional crowd surfing that couldn't be done, say 20 feet further back? I watched the pit a lot last night cause I had a great view of it. Half the people aren't even watching the show. They are screaming and looking and the sky and falling down. That needs to be done near the stage? Why can't the people who come to watch the show have their fun and moshers mosh further away.

Especially if you are a mosher who just pushes there way to the front. I paid just as much as you did for my ticket and I got here 2 hours earlier than you. What gives you the right to push me out of the way to get closer to the stage?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Alex said in a video interview that he's sober now so I'm sure he's living a healthier lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:23 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
I don't think dancing offends anyone. Dance all you'd like. Dancing is different than getting up to a good speed and violently jumping into another mosher which in turn bangs you into someone who wants no part of moshing and knocks them over. As long as you're fun isn't harming anyone else that's fine.

But what exactly is anyone doing in the bit besides the occasional crowd surfing that couldn't be done, say 20 feet further back? I watched the pit a lot last night cause I had a great view of it. Half the people aren't even watching the show. They are screaming and looking and the sky and falling down. That needs to be done near the stage? Why can't the people who come to watch the show have their fun and moshers mosh further away.

Especially if you are a mosher who just pushes there way to the front. I paid just as much as you did for my ticket and I got here 2 hours earlier than you. What gives you the right to push me out of the way to get closer to the stage?

I think we just covered this topic?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Not sure if I'm going to wind up on floor 2 or floor 3, but come say hi if you see me. I'll be in a blue button down and a Deluna Fest (look for the marlin!) T-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:34 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
I did too, they all look phenomenal now
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:45 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:

I think we just covered this topic?

The topic was discussed, I'm not sure if it was covered. Not sure any of those questions I asked were answered...nor would most of the people on this board probably be the right people to ask those questions.

I was responding to someone saying they were dancing is all...and simply saying that that is not what I am referring to as disrupting behavior.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 pm

I think it's safe to say everyone on here ranges from "big gaslight fan" to "this band means the world to me" and it's a shame that so many of us are being driven to the balconies because we don't want to deal with these insane people who don't care about the show at all. I hate that I remember Mae & TMB from Webster, and that's it b/c I was dealing with the crowd for the rest.

I've talked to Brian and Benny about crowd surfers and I mean I don't know the extent of their views (I can't speak for them) but based on what they've said I get the impression that they get how unpleasant it is for the people in the front. Of course Brian isn't going to glare at everyone surfer who comes by, he's there to have a good time and let the crowd do their thing. But he has stopped crowd surfing at a few shows and he has said he doesn't enjoy watching kids get kicked in the head repeatedly through the night.

Whoever suggested a dance pit, I'm in! I got to *gasp* dance at the Oakland show and it was the best show ever for that reason. Dancing, jumping, singing, and not intentionally hitting, crushing, shoving anyone (at least not in front), to me is an ideal show.
Back to top Go down
dustinpardue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 am

I'll post the audio from last nights axs.tv in a couple of hours if anyone is interested
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:04 am

Ok....THAT was the single best concert i've ever seen. Simply amazing.

I'm glad I was in the front of the second level.

terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 SrkbyykrRS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

terminal nyc 3 nights
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next