DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

terminal nyc 3 nights

Go down 
+48
rightturnfred
jdc
DiamondSinatra
ral
simo
Hanswurst
somewhere in jersey
eagles1139
brucesboots
dustinpardue
bt211
fatbench
matkins
Jack
moosicmaniac
DaleCooper
Debonair
LuceroDiehard
cephcarn4
Breanne
Jules
xstevenbx
cmigs
NYYFAN523
cruzila
DeathoftheCool
redheadchick
dmcraig
collectivemike
njguy99
turnitin2004
The Angry Johnny Revue
No Retreat
SevenThreeTwo
Jerseyrain
NeverTrustAJunkie
azlisa
RickySpanish
kevin_slack
Shrewsbury_Stars
prettyontheinsidex
El Jefe
StitchesOnTheRadio
big blue
EveryLittleSecret
Keeb631
Gaslight23
thebends
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: quick note   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:36 am

Anyone whos coming in from nj via the path, they close the path station at 10pm, due to SANDY.. I heard theres a bus at port athurity to get you back into to nj. Just a warning.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:10 am

Here are the path train details:

http://www.panynj.gov/path/

Quote :
Why does PATH service end at 10 p.m.? What are my travel options between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.?

Repairs to the stations, tracks and substations throughout the system is still required. Almost 1,000 PATH employees and contractors are working around the clock making repairs to power, track, signals, and communications systems. Some of this work can only be performed overnight, while the entire PATH system is closed down.

We encourage customers to visit NJ TRANSIT's website (http://www.njtransit.com) where you can use the Trip Planner tool to plan your transit trip during the hours PATH is not in operation. Choices include the Nos. 123, 125, and 126 bus lines, which offer service between the Port Authority Bus Terminal and points in either Hoboken or Jersey City after 10 p.m. (Services on these lines do not run all night, consult the timetables on NJ TRANSIT'S website to confirm the hours of service.)
Back to top Go down
collectivemike
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:21 pm

Hey guys - I have an extra (possibly two) for tonight. Only want face value of course. Email me mike@collectiveconfusion.com if you're interested. I'm in the city now (office in Herald Square) but am also going to the show so I can meet there.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:13 pm

So, who else will be there Thursday and Friday?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Bring your iphones Friday. Did you guys see the tweet about what they wanna do for HCMM?

"NYC: looks like we need your help filming #HCMM @TERMINAL5 on Friday... Here is more info: http://idj.to/VcgF3w -XOXO Gossip Girl"

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keeb631
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Keeb631

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:21 pm

I'll be there Friday night
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ItsCoreyBrah
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Bring your iphones Friday. Did you guys see the tweet about what they wanna do for HCMM?

"NYC: looks like we need your help filming #HCMM @TERMINAL5 on Friday... Here is more info: http://idj.to/VcgF3w -XOXO Gossip Girl"

No android version, though... shucks
Back to top Go down
dmcraig
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:38 pm

The show tomorrow night will be shown live on the cable channel AXS tv

http://www.axs.tv/blogs/the-gaslight-anthem-live-in-new-york-live-on-axs-tv/
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:02 am

I get this channel too, kick butt! Thanks for posting this dmcraig, I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:53 am

how was the fuckin' show everyone??
Back to top Go down
cruzila
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cruzila

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:39 am

The show tonight was pretty amazing; a good way to kick off 3-night run. However, in my opinion, it was the most mellow show I've seen both in set list and crowd. This is by no means a complaint, just an observation.

I'm curious what other people thought too..
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:43 am

cruzila wrote:
The show tonight was pretty amazing; a good way to kick off 3-night run. However, in my opinion, it was the most mellow show I've seen both in set list and crowd. This is by no means a complaint, just an observation.

I'm curious what other people thought too..

Definitely agree with the mellow part, beside them having to stop Blue Dahlia cause of that fight near the front row. The setlist was one of the more unique out of the seven shows I've been too. SHOCKED that they didn't play Handwritten though. Really wish I was going to Thursday/Friday cause I'm assuming one of them will be Sink or Swim heavy.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:47 am

Definitely liked the setlist last night better. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2012/electric-factory-philadelphia-pa-23dac0d7.html But the crowd tonight was WAY better with the singalongs so I liked that. Plus I love that the NJ/NY crowds always go crazy for "Cookman Avenue." Philly's crowd was so bad with the crowd surfing that Brian asked them to stop because the front row was just getting crushed. Security was really roughing the crowdsurfers up too because they were being really stubborn about moving along and getting out of the pit ASAP. Weird crowd in that they were really aggressive compared to tonight's. I kinda felt like last night's fans were more into the old school stuff whereas tonight seemed more into the new stuff. Just my opinion!

Also tonight's poster was a Mummy.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:05 am

That's so weird that the NY crowd was that mellow. Maybe it's cuz it's the first of the three? Webster Hall was a mess, I'd have thought these shows would be along the same lines. It'll be interesting to see what happens on nights 2 and 3.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:24 am

I thought they were mellow in terms of not being mosh-crazy or fans being obnoxious to each other (I enjoyed having a drunk-shoving-girl-free evening), but the singalongs were definitely crowd-wide. I love hearing people sing the new stuff!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 am

Oh, I hope the crowd tonite and tomorrow are like that too!

C'mon mellow crowd! I don't feel like getting crushed...

PS: There was a fight?
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:09 am

That's so weird that the NY crowd was that mellow. Maybe it's cuz it's the first of the three? Webster Hall was a mess, I'd have thought these shows would be along the same lines. It'll be interesting to see what happens on nights 2 and 3.

The crowd at Webster Hall was insane Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:13 am

The most obnoxious shows of Gaslight's I've been to were the Stone Pony in 2010 and the Brooklyn Bowl show in '09 (which I cannot believe was three years ago already). I honestly don't recall having any trouble at Webster Hall (?)
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 am

njguy99 wrote:
PS: There was a fight?

Yeah during the first verse of Blue Dahlia a fight broke out and Brian completely stopped the show. It was kind of messed up cause I was right there and they threw out the kids (late teens/early 20s) who were defending themselves while the two guys that started it (late 20s/early 30s) got to stay.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:26 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
The most obnoxious shows of Gaslight's I've been to were the Stone Pony in 2010 and the Brooklyn Bowl show in '09 (which I cannot believe was three years ago already). I honestly don't recall having any trouble at Webster Hall (?)

I was at the Stone Pony show in 2010 too. That one was bad right in the front but the crowd was downright bored in the back. I know because I was in front then went over the barrier sometime around the 5th song in and ended up in the middle/back.

Where were you at webster? In front of Brian was insane and I heard the back had a mosh pit but the sides seemed relatively calm.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:49 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

I was at the Stone Pony show in 2010 too. That one was bad right in the front but the crowd was downright bored in the back. I know because I was in front then went over the barrier sometime around the 5th song in and ended up in the middle/back.

Where were you at webster? In front of Brian was insane and I heard the back had a mosh pit but the sides seemed relatively calm.

At the Stone Pony I was in front of Alex L, but a little bit more towards the end (like practically in the VIP section). I just remember drunk girls being ridiculous behind me.

Yes- at Webster Hall same thing- in front of Alex L. So I didn't really see what was going on in front of Brian :\
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:18 am

I didn't think the Webster Hall show was too bad. Nothing like the House of Blues AC show... that was the worst I've ever been to.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:56 am

I was terrified at Webster. Mostly during the opening few songs (minus Mae) and the encore. I remember hearing the opening chords of T59S and going "oh no please don't play it" and then holding onto the rail for dear life haha. And saw stars for a second after getting kicked in the head. Not a fun experience (at times) but worth it anyway.

I actually talked to a guy right before the Webster show who said he was at the AC show and walked away from it thinking he had internal bleeding! (dude was like 6' 5" and muscular). I never got to ask him after Webster Hall how it compared.

in 2010 I was on Alex R's side but closer to Brian. I'd have been fine but my mom and my friend were behind me getting clobbered so we peaced out of that section.

If all three of these nights turn out to be not insane and just a lot of fun then I have hope for the future!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:03 am

How many times do we have to tell you Shelby - you're too small to stand up front! Laughing
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:11 am

Love that they played almost all of the '59 Sound last night (minus Lincoln, High Lonesome, and River's Edge).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

terminal nyc 3 nights
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next