DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

terminal nyc 3 nights

Go down 
+48
rightturnfred
jdc
DiamondSinatra
ral
simo
Hanswurst
somewhere in jersey
eagles1139
brucesboots
dustinpardue
bt211
fatbench
matkins
Jack
moosicmaniac
DaleCooper
Debonair
LuceroDiehard
cephcarn4
Breanne
Jules
xstevenbx
cmigs
NYYFAN523
cruzila
DeathoftheCool
redheadchick
dmcraig
collectivemike
njguy99
turnitin2004
The Angry Johnny Revue
No Retreat
SevenThreeTwo
Jerseyrain
NeverTrustAJunkie
azlisa
RickySpanish
kevin_slack
Shrewsbury_Stars
prettyontheinsidex
El Jefe
StitchesOnTheRadio
big blue
EveryLittleSecret
Keeb631
Gaslight23
thebends
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SevenThreeTwo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:43 am

As has been said, one of these next two nights is going to be mega Sink Or Swim heavy after they only played Angry Johnny last night.

Was so pumped to hear Blue Dahlia live, so of course they had to stop it because of the fight.

Can't wait for tonight/tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:55 am

Last night was fun! Was bored as hell in the back, but then made my way to the front after a couple of songs, which was way more my speed. I know that the band's pretty good about switching up their setlist and such, so I hope to hear a varied mix of songs for the next two nights. I mean, I certainly expect the setlist to be Handwritten-heavy, but hope to hear different, older songs. Also, what was up with them closing with "Great Expectations"? It's such a good opener!!
Back to top Go down
Jules
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 am

Anyone know what time they started and what time they ended? Was around 9:45/11:45 in philly the other night so I was wondering if it was the same.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:12 am

9:30 last night.

Tuesday night we got quite a few different songs than last night, so I'm sure they'll mix it up tonight and tomorrow too.
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:28 am

What time did everyone get to the venue last night? I would like to be towards the front tonight, but don't need to be on the rail. I did that for Webster hall and took a beating. I figure that I will get there about 7:30 tonight. Any idea how crowded it was by then last night?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 am

Was the sound last night crappy as per usual for Terminal 5?
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:35 am

Even though the show was "sold out," it wasn't packed or anything. I got to the show a few minutes before TGA went on and just walked up front after a couple of songs. As long as you ask people for permission, they're usually pretty ok with just letting you get through. If you're not necessarily interested in being front-row center, then there's really no need to get there super early. But, you know, watching the openers is always a treat.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:36 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I was terrified at Webster. Mostly during the opening few songs (minus Mae) and the encore. I remember hearing the opening chords of T59S and going "oh no please don't play it" and then holding onto the rail for dear life haha. And saw stars for a second after getting kicked in the head. Not a fun experience (at times) but worth it anyway.

I actually talked to a guy right before the Webster show who said he was at the AC show and walked away from it thinking he had internal bleeding! (dude was like 6' 5" and muscular). I never got to ask him after Webster Hall how it compared.

in 2010 I was on Alex R's side but closer to Brian. I'd have been fine but my mom and my friend were behind me getting clobbered so we peaced out of that section.

If all three of these nights turn out to be not insane and just a lot of fun then I have hope for the future!
Being on the barricade for Boston the other night was pretty tame. There were probably about 5 crowdsurfers the whole set. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
cephcarn4
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:38 am

9:33 - 11:28 - to be exact!!
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:16 pm

The Gaslight Anthem discuss selling out Terminal Five

Last edited by bobbyw24 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Jules
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:17 pm

cephcarn4 wrote:
9:33 - 11:28 - to be exact!!

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Im not sure how anyone could say it was a tame crowd when brian had to stop the show for a fight. ive been to maybe 10 gaslight shows and its the first one ever he stopped playing cause something was so bad.

im not surprised to hear that the people just minding their own business got kicked out. thats how this stuff works, the douchey people start jumping around and elbow someone in the head. normally the person is okay with it happening one or twice...maybe they have a girlfriend with them that keeps getting smashed into also...and by the 3rd or 4th time when the people just laugh in their face they snap and shove the mosher. and of course the mosher is totally offended by this, like its not something he has been doing the whole show anyway.

the crowd yesterday definitely wasnt as bad as HOB in AC which was an absolute shit show. I actually left the pit in AC. the moshers here were i would say for the most part innocent and not trying to get anyone hurt. of course you always have the 4-5 people that really don't give two shits if anyone else at the show has a good time, but only cares if they can throw their body around and unsuspecting older fans and shove them.

i was standing at the doors by 6:30. when i got into the show i went to the bathroom and then planted myself in the 3rd row for 3 hours. when gaslight came on at 9:30 this 22 year old guy tried to run right passed me into the front row. i grabbed him by both shoulders and threw him backwards right behind me where he fell to the ground. it was an excellent feeling.

you wanna be an asshole and mosh near the front, fine, but get there at 6:30. im not waiting for 3 hours just so you can walk in and push me to the side of the stage and do whatever you want.

not sure why the general audience lets 15-20 moshers ruin the show for everyone else. it seems like its most 18-22 year olds for whom gaslight anthem is the hardest music they listen to aside from taking back sunday that feel like they are out to prove something.

i think im gonna see the show from the front row of the second level today. good luck to all the moshers, i hope you fall down and get stepped on and break bones.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:40 pm

I feel you about the Moshing

The last headline show I saw was in Gainesville, Florida and it had 100s of Unv. of Florida sudents.

I was up front and center when a bunch of half-naked young men started moshing. I pushed a few away from me and one asked why I don't mosh.

I told him I was not interested in having sweaty half-naked strange men rubbing up against me. His repsonse was, "You calling me gay?" Go Gators Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SevenThreeTwo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:47 pm

What did they go into during Angry Johnny? My buddy thinks it was The Cure but I'm about 99% certain that was at the end of Backseat, which Setlist.fm backs up.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:49 pm

SevenThreeTwo wrote:
What did they go into during Angry Johnny? My buddy thinks it was The Cure but I'm about 99% certain that was at the end of Backseat, which Setlist.fm backs up.

He sang the first two verses of Blood Bank by Bon Iver during Angry Johnny. Just Like Heaven by The Cure was during The Backseat.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
SevenThreeTwo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:52 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:
SevenThreeTwo wrote:

He sang the first two verses of Blood Bank by Bon Iver during Angry Johnny. Just Like Heaven by The Cure was during The Backseat.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:37 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
If you wanna be an asshole and mosh near the front, fine, but get there at 6:30. im not waiting for 3 hours just so you can walk in and push me to the side of the stage and do whatever you want.

not sure why the general audience lets 15-20 moshers ruin the show for everyone else. it seems like its most 18-22 year olds for whom gaslight anthem is the hardest music they listen to aside from taking back sunday that feel like they are out to prove something.

i think im gonna see the show from the front row of the second level today. good luck to all the moshers, i hope you fall down and get stepped on and break bones.

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

I'll be with you on the second floor. I don't want to run the risk of being moshed. I'm getting to old for that.

Side question: what time were people lining up last nite? Could you just walk right in after 7? I'd rather not wait for hours to get in if I'm heading right for the balcony.
Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Who Was the musician that Brian played with to open the 2nd set. No there was a line outside. I got online at 830 and many people were behind me when I went in.Not sure whos opening tonight, but the band who open right before ga, and a woman singer was really good.

Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:49 pm

njguy99 wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:
If you wanna be an asshole and mosh near the front, fine, but get there at 6:30. im not waiting for 3 hours just so you can walk in and push me to the side of the stage and do whatever you want.

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

I'll be with you on the second floor. I don't want to run the risk of being moshed. I'm getting to old for that.

Side question: what time were people lining up last nite? Could you just walk right in after 7? I'd rather not wait for hours to get in if I'm heading right for the balcony.

Hell I'm only 26, so I don't consider myself "too old" for moshing...I just never got into it. I think it is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. If the whole pit wanted to do it then fine, but its usually just 15-20 people who ruin it for everyone. They are barely even watching the show, so why cant the pit be somewhere in the back so I can enjoy watching the show I got there 3 hours early to do so.

I got there at 6:30 and the line was maybe 100 or so people (just a guess). However even if you are headed for the balcony the front row of the balcony is like gold. Once you're a row or 2 back it gets really hard to see from upstairs, so even if you plan to go right upstairs you may have to get there a little on the earlier side.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm with you guys. Got there late and ended up on the top level, but I have no need to be in the pit. Gaslight is one band I always cheer for to get to big venues, because it means seats and less moshing douchebags - Radio City was nice for that reason, same with Letterman.

And yeah, Terminal 5 is a bad place to see a show if you're not right on the rail, so it's worth getting there as early as possible to secure a spot.

Line is long getting in because the pat downs to get in the venue are REALLY thorough - apparently they do this for all the "moshing" shows. Not sure why moshing = being concerned about drugs and weapons, but that's what it seems to be.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:49 pm

terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 558907_10151211155663305_1172634431_n
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Is there any way to watch it online?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:17 pm

thebends wrote:
Who Was the musician that Brian played with to open the 2nd set.

Matthew Ryan played with Brain on the first song of the encore; he was the first opener. The female fronted band that opened right before Gaslight was Laura Stevenson and The Cans (they were awesome!). I got on line a little after 5 yesterday and it was pointless... As soon as the line got long the security guards moved the back of the line near the front and made two lines.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 pm

big blue wrote:
What time did everyone get to the venue last night? I would like to be towards the front tonight, but don't need to be on the rail. I did that for Webster hall and took a beating. I figure that I will get there about 7:30 tonight. Any idea how crowded it was by then last night?

I got inside around 7:15 and got the last front row spot in front of Alex L. The space behind me didn't start to really fill up til closer to 8.
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Turnitin, where did you wind up inside with a 6:30 arrival time? How far back were you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

terminal nyc 3 nights
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next