DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL

Go down 
+20
SubconsciousRitual
crimsonsky
infoghost
Breanne
acousticbandit
bt211
enola
Sally
saltandburn1967
trustee
mercyandaminute
colmillionaire
ral
pleasepassthesoup
A_Regular
HeroOfVirtue
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
brianisbae
eagles1139
StitchesOnTheRadio
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:36 am

Incredible, I'm waiting for someone to post the setlist. They premiered Mulholland which was insanely good.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:40 am

A_Regular wrote:
Incredible, I'm waiting for someone to post the setlist. They premiered Mulholland which was insanely good.

Damn, That is my favorite song from the new album. Is it even better live?
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:41 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

Yeah man! Rosamilia's solo Shocked
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:42 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

That and Howl were easily the highlights of te show. Sounded amazing. When Brian said they'd be playing a new song I held my breath and when I heard him say mulholland was honestly one of the happiest moments of my life.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:42 am

A_Regular wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

Yeah man! Rosamilia's solo Shocked

I imagine that just being amazing. I don't even want to think of how the closing of the song is live. That last 45 seconds in the song gives me chills every time I hear it.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:48 am

eagles1139 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

That and Howl were easily the highlights of te show. Sounded amazing. When Brian said they'd be playing a new song I held my breath and when I heard him say mulholland was honestly one of the happiest moments of my life.

Haha nice. That is so amazing and awesome. You all are so lucky. I remember a lot of people saying they were worried about these new songs being played live but I guess no one should worry.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:49 am

He actually talked about Kansas haha. Said this gig was ALMOST as hot, but nobody was passing out at this one
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:52 am

A_Regular wrote:
He actually talked about Kansas haha. Said this gig was ALMOST as hot, but nobody was passing out at this one

Haha. Kansas was miserable with the heat. Amazing concert but you could tell the heat was getting to everyone. Didn't know people were passing out though!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:59 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

Haha nice. That is so amazing and awesome. You all are so lucky. I remember a lot of people saying they were worried about these new songs being played live but I guess no one should worry.

Brian played howl without his guitar and was clearly having so much fun. It is the perfect live song, even though a lot of the crowd didn't know it everyone was going bonkers.
Back to top Go down
Sally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:03 am

Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Dsc04910
Setlist! Plus Diner and Mulholland Drive, which was unexpected but SO GOOD.

it was a fantastic show. I met StitchesOnTheRadio in line, which was awesome! I ended up right in front of Brian, so I am so glad he stopped all the crowdsurfers.
Back to top Go down
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StateOfLoveAndGaslight

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:44 am

Sally wrote:

it was a fantastic show. I met StitchesOnTheRadio in line, which was awesome! I ended up right in front of Brian, so I am so glad he stopped all the crowdsurfers.

Holy crap! I was the guy on the way out of the show who made the comment (assuming there was only one setlist) to you that "you got the setlist that wasn't written on bread" (for those who weren't there.. Dave Haust wrote his setlist on a felafel... because... well, just because.)
Back to top Go down
Sally
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:57 am

StateOfLoveAndGaslight wrote:
Sally wrote:

Holy crap! I was the guy on the way out of the show who made the comment (assuming there was only one setlist) to you that "you got the setlist that wasn't written on bread" (for those who weren't there.. Dave Haust wrote his setlist on a felafel... because... well, just because.)

small world, I think I remember that! and haha, when they put it down, we were all trying to figure out what on earth it was before we figured out it was pita bread. The guy that he gave it to, Fred, must have dropped it though because we saw it on the ground behind us as we were leaving the stage.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:10 am

Finally made it back home! THAT SHOW WAS EPIC. It was pretty hot even though they had air-conditioning. The crowd was nuts but like someone else said, Brian really laid down the law with the crowd surfers which was awesome. Dave's set was awesome, I nearly wore myself out during it then I remembered he wasn't even the main reason for coming to the show. Mulholland Drive was AMAZING live. Howl was too. They gave out lots of water and around the encore, Alex L. walked up and gave me a water which probably kept me from passing out during the encore. I'd have loved for them to go on longer but I was beat. You could tell a lot of other people were too.

I met Sally and a few others at the front of the line. Good company made that 6 hour wait for the doors go buy much faster! God a lovely sunburn from it though. Saw them give the book of Gaslight Tattoos to Benny (pretty sure he's still holding it captive in his car) but he seemed really psyched about it.

After the show, I met Dave Hause at the merch table. He was super cool and thanked me for singing along (I got a lot of eye contact because I was singing nearly every word of his set). I thanked him for coming out because I got two for one and he laughed. He also fist bumped me, which was pretty cool.

Hung around after and got to chat with Benny. I asked him about not getting in with stubhub tickets. He said they're trying but they've been having problems with people having been sold fakes so I'm really nervous about the Webster Hall show. Just a warning if anyone else has stub hub tickets. Also talked to Alex R. and asked him about the hoodie situation and he said it's just something he started doing and kind of stuck with it. Sounded almost superstitious about it. He was real nice. He barely talks though.

Also met Brian and he stayed out there forever. He chatted with EVERYONE. Took a million photos, etc. He even had some guy take a picture of him with all of us (maybe 15 ppl at that point) on his phone. I'm hoping that ends up on instagram. I got 2 hugs from him (one I asked for, the other was he hugged everyone who was still there, like 7 of us)

I have some pretty bruises on my knees and my hearing is still basically gone from my right ear but tonight was epic.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:46 am

WOW that sounds like a great show!
Mullholland Drive AND Howl!!

Can't wait for October now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
trustee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:48 am

have an abundance of good photos and clips from this show...will post soon...mullholland = amazzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiingggggggggggg =))))
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 am

Awesome show! I was soaked at the end. The crowd energy was intense.

Dave House had great connection with the crowd and the pita bread setlist was hilarious. The "Eat the Bread" chant was so loud Benny came out to check what was going on.

Has anybody mentioned the "local flavor" of the show yet? Alex R wearing a Boston Red Sox hat and Brian switched the lyrics from "Cookman" to "Fenway" and "Edison sky" to "Cambridge sky".

Agree with what has been said before, the new songs sounded great as if they had been playing them for years and fitted right in.

I may have a few pictures later in the week as well but realized I misplaced my camera computer cable so now I have to wait for Amazon.com to send me a new one.

Did the Cookie Guy come back after the show Very Happy
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:53 am

bt211 wrote:

Has anybody mentioned the "local flavor" of the show yet? Alex R wearing a Boston Red Sox hat and Brian switched the lyrics from "Cookman" to "Fenway" and "Edison sky" to "Cambridge sky".

wasn't it a detroit tigers hat?

brian gave the second crowd surfer one of the most intense staredowns i have ever seen in my life. if looks could kill!!
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:19 am

bt211 wrote:

Yeah, it was actually a Tigers hat, but Brian and Ian were both wearing Johnny Cupcakes shirts, so there's more local flavor for ya.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:26 am

I loved the look on Brian's face when that dude was crowd surfing for the first time. Im pretty sure it was the same dude the second time, and when Brian stared him down at the end of 45, he seemed to put a lot of anger into the song which was great. So my dad wasn't able to find someone selling a ticket, but he saw Alex R and Benny hanging out at the Middle East, so he was like "I'll buy you guys a beer if you hook me up with a ticket" and I think Benny was like "you didn't get a ticket?" and he told him how I wasn't able to get a second one because they sold out so quickly, so I guess Benny looked at his phone and stuff and was like "you don't have to buy us a round, we'll put you on the list", and Alex was like "I could go for a beer", haha. They really are the coolest guys. I still haven't met Brian :/ but that might be a good thing because I'm easily star struck and would be incredible awkwar haha. I met Dave Hause at merch though, told him his music's great and Resolutions is a great record. He seemed really cool. I'm still pissed I missed most of the show because I got dehydrated and almost passed out >_< I spent the whole day trying to eat and drink the perfect amount so I'd be able to last up front, but nope, after like 5 or 6 songs I was dead. Haha. At least they're coming back in November. That'll be awesome.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:31 am

NicholasHorror wrote:
I loved the look on Brian's face when that dude was crowd surfing for the first time. Im pretty sure it was the same dude the second time, and when Brian stared him down at the end of 45, he seemed to put a lot of anger into the song which was great. So my dad wasn't able to find someone selling a ticket, but he saw Alex R and Benny hanging out at the Middle East, so he was like "I'll buy you guys a beer if you hook me up with a ticket" and I think Benny was like "you didn't get a ticket?" and he told him how I wasn't able to get a second one because they sold out so quickly, so I guess Benny looked at his phone and stuff and was like "you don't have to buy us a round, we'll put you on the list", and Alex was like "I could go for a beer", haha. They really are the coolest guys. I still haven't met Brian :/ but that might be a good thing because I'm easily star struck and would be incredible awkwar haha. I met Dave Hause at merch though, told him his music's great and Resolutions is a great record. He seemed really cool. I'm still pissed I missed most of the show because I got dehydrated and almost passed out >_< I spent the whole day trying to eat and drink the perfect amount so I'd be able to last up front, but nope, after like 5 or 6 songs I was dead. Haha. At least they're coming back in November. That'll be awesome.

That's an awesome story. I still haven't met any of them, although i was standing in line right next to the table out front where Alex R was chilling with some friends and overheard him having a very animated discussion about bow hunting for grizzly bears. haha!

Any idea where they'll play in November? Back to the House of Blues?
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:32 am

also, there was a badass poster for sale. made the trip up from dc worth it for that alone. i will post a photo when i'm home from work.
Back to top Go down
trustee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:42 am

the cookie guy and the squatter across from us were the highlights before the show...people need to bathe more the BO was off the charts and some guy kept farting behind us...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:45 am

trustee wrote:
the cookie guy and the squatter across from us were the highlights before the show...people need to bathe more the BO was off the charts and some guy kept farting behind us...

Razz
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 am

NicholasHorror wrote:
Thats awesome about your dad, that sounds like something my dad would do
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 am

@pleasepassthesoup Yeah I'm thinking House of Blues..I'm hoping for that. Anything better would suck I think because they'd lose the intimacy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next