DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Empty
PostSubject: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:10 pm

Anyone?

My wife and I bought tickets and recently I got another friend into TGA, so he and his son are joining us.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:27 pm

I will be there. I bought my ticket day one. I also have 2 buddies and this girl I just met coming too. I am so stoked.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:24 am

I'll be there. By myself most likely. But it's gonna be awesome.
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:14 am

Alone or not, you are right...it's going to be awesome! Did you guys see them in KC a few years ago at the Midland?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Nope wish I did but I saw them at Bonnaroo a few days before so I wasn't gonna do another road trip.
Back to top Go down
knuckles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:16 am

simo wrote:
I'll be there. By myself most likely. But it's gonna be awesome.

same here. originally thought that i wasn't gonna be able to make the STL show, but now i am pretty sure i can, and the tix are sold out. KS seemed like the next best place to go, so i will be commuting from just east of STL. can any locals PM me some hotel info that is within walking distance of the Bottleneck?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:17 am

Yeah I'll need a good hotel too. Gotta rest up to drive to STL the next night.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:20 pm

The good thing about Lawrence is that most of the main stores, venues, and hotels are on one street. It is a pretty cool looking place if you haven't been there. You won't have any trouble finding a hotel there cause it is so small and close knit. I look forward to seeing you all there. I am so stoked and wish I could go forward in time. haha
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Based on priceline, it looked like there was only one hotel RIGHT by the venue, and it was the most expensive. I'm going to check into it more and will let you know.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 am

They sold out for this show. I bought my ticket day one luckily but some of my buddies wanted to go and they aren't able to buy any. SOLD OUT FOR SURE!!!! Damn, and it is still a little less than a month away. Sweet.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:30 am

If anyone has a spare ticket to this show. Let me know. I have one buddy who really wants to go!
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:35 pm

The Elridge is the only hotel right by the Bottleneck, but it's an old fashioned, pricey hotel ($140 a night). I booked Best Western through Priceline at $60 for the night (with tax). It's about 2 miles away from the venue, as I understand it, but have been told that a bus runs routes from the bar district to the college appts/dorms regularly...and that the dorms are close to the hotel, so will try to hitch a ride.
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Here we go!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Who knows what time doors are?
Back to top Go down
knuckles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:39 pm

doors are at 7, assuming that the show is at 8. gonna meet up with member *simo* here in a bit and head over. see y'all there!!!
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:03 pm

UNBELIEVABLE....man, the venue was so intimate...what does the Bottleneck hold..maybe 500-700? It was a sauna in there, but so much energy. Easily a top 3 concert I've ever been to.

Off the top of my head, I know they played the following:

Great Expectations
We Came to Dance
Angry Johnny
Film Noir
Queen of Lower Chelsea
State of Love and Trust (Pearl Jam cover)
Here comes my man
American Slang
Old White Lincoln
The Backseat
59 Sound
Wooderson
I'da called you Woody, Joe
Blue Jeans & White tshirts
Here's looking at you kid

As I think of more I'll post them....

Thinking of making the roady to Denver in Sept for back to back shows...
Back to top Go down
knuckles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:42 am

TheContender wrote:
UNBELIEVABLE....man, the venue was so intimate...what does the Bottleneck hold..maybe 500-700?

think it's closer to 300-350, from what i saw on the internet.

and man, what a show. yeah, it was hot, and the place is kinda a dump, but it was so intimate.

took a few pics...

the sign that the bar made up on their chalkboard as you walked in to the place:
Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL GaslightKS2

me, yappin with Benny before the show. he was messing with a video game thingy at the end of the bar. pretty sociable guy...
Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL MeAndBenny

aaaand... the boys hitting the stage, playing "Great Expectations":
Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL GaslightKS1

who was the extra guitar player? Ian?
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:12 pm

knuckles wrote:
TheContender wrote:
UNBELIEVABLE....man, the venue was so intimate...what does the Bottleneck hold..maybe 500-700?

think it's closer to 300-350, from what i saw on the internet.

and man, what a show. yeah, it was hot, and the place is kinda a dump, but it was so intimate.

took a few pics...

the sign that the bar made up on their chalkboard as you walked in to the place:
Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL GaslightKS2

me, yappin with Benny before the show. he was messing with a video game thingy at the end of the bar. pretty sociable guy...
Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL MeAndBenny

aaaand... the boys hitting the stage, playing "Great Expectations":
Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL GaslightKS1

who was the extra guitar player? Ian?

Haha, pretty sure you took my friends and mines picture. Were you standing with another guy and a girl while you were talking to Benny?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:17 pm

I was standing 2 or 3 people away from you during the show, Chris. Was gonna say hi, but well, then the show started.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:26 pm

simo wrote:
I was standing 2 or 3 people away from you during the show, Chris. Was gonna say hi, but well, then the show started.

Haha, where were you? What were you wearing? Haha, did you have as a good of a time as me?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Tall dude with glasses, Frank Turner shirt. And yes it was a great time but miserably hot.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:44 pm

simo wrote:
Tall dude with glasses, Frank Turner shirt. And yes it was a great time but miserably hot.

I think I did see you actually. I just don't think I have ever seen what you look like but now that you told me, I believe I did see you. Yeah, it was hot. I am wondering if that is why they only played a 3 song encore compared to these 7 or 8 encores everyone here has been talking about. How many songs did they play in the St. Louis concert? Which was better?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:48 pm

This was the St. Louis setlist. I liked it a bit better. Got some rare songs and I thought the crowd was more into it. But Lawrence was still fantastic.

Great Expectations
Casanova, Baby!
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
American Slang
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Wooderson
Angry Johnny and the Radio (Bon Iver - Blood Bank interlude)
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Film Noir
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Biloxi Parish
Here's Looking at You, Kid
The Backseat

Encore:
She Loves You
Drive
The Navesink Banks
We Came to Dance
We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner
The '59 Sound
Baba O'Riley (The Who cover)
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:56 pm

simo wrote:
This was the St. Louis setlist. I liked it a bit better. Got some rare songs and I thought the crowd was more into it. But Lawrence was still fantastic.

Great Expectations
Casanova, Baby!
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
American Slang
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Wooderson
Angry Johnny and the Radio (Bon Iver - Blood Bank interlude)
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Film Noir
The Diamond Church Street Choir
Biloxi Parish
Here's Looking at You, Kid
The Backseat

Encore:
She Loves You
Drive
The Navesink Banks
We Came to Dance
We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner
The '59 Sound
Baba O'Riley (The Who cover)

Damn, that is a great set list! I was happy with the set list in Lawrence but I was really waiting for them to play Biloxi Parish. Oh well, at least we got Here Comes My Man. That 12 string was awesome. I loved it when Brian took down that dude yelling at him. The dude shut up after Brian told him off.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Yeah that was good. In St. Louis he pulled out his wallet and offered some guy $20 to stop talking. He shut up pretty quickly. Don't think he got the money though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL   Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lawrence, KS, ROLL CALL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next