DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL

Go down 
+20
SubconsciousRitual
crimsonsky
infoghost
Breanne
acousticbandit
bt211
enola
Sally
saltandburn1967
trustee
mercyandaminute
colmillionaire
ral
pleasepassthesoup
A_Regular
HeroOfVirtue
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
brianisbae
eagles1139
StitchesOnTheRadio
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Empty
PostSubject: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:19 pm

I didn't see one started so here it is.

Who's going to Cambridge?

I'll be the girl trying not to get crushed in the front the way people were in DC. If anyone who's a decent sized guy and is going wants to be my concert buddy please let me know. I wanna get on the barrier towards the middle and not get completely squashed. Razz pale affraid
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm going, my first Gaslight concert! Going up with my younger brother and a friend. I'm from Connecticut as well...What time are you planning on getting there? I want to get as close to the front as possible...Is it one of those things where the people who get there really really early get to the front, or will I have a decent chance either way?
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:23 pm

I'll be there! I'll be trying to get up front too, and trying not to get crushed because I'm not really big at all haha
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Yeah, I think the earlier you get there the better your chances are. Last time I saw them I was pretty much stuck in the middle the whole time. I'm gonna try to get in line at like 6-630 hopefully.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm getting there at like 1ish which is really insanely early but I can't afford to not get the barrier so I'm guaranteeing it for myself. It's literally my only chance at surviving the front. I'm 5'2' and 100 pounds. I'm screwed if I don't have a piece of metal to brace myself with! haha.

I think usually if you get there by like 3 you can get close to if not be at the front. But I'm basing this off what I heard other people say.

I'm most likely going to be wearing my Clash-London Calling shirt, and I'll be the 21 year old who looks about 16 b/c she's small. I might even post a pic on here in the next hour so you guys can look out for me because I'd love to meet up so that:

A) I can meet cool TGA fans/DSS peeps
B) so we can have our own circle of ppl we trust up front so we can maybe protect each other from the crazy moshers!

Plus maybe we could start that Gossip Girl chant????? Anyone down for that?

Also, eagles1139, that's awesome this is your first TGA show! I hope it goes better than my first one (I'm telling you these crowds are scary).
Back to top Go down
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StateOfLoveAndGaslight

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:34 pm

I'll be there, probably rocking a Horrible Crowes T-shirt and a green army cap. Would definitely like to meet up with other DSS folks. I'll be at the Sox game during the day so I probably won't get to the Middle East til about 6 or so
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:36 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I'm getting there at like 1ish which is really insanely early but I can't afford to not get the barrier so I'm guaranteeing it for myself. It's literally my only chance at surviving the front. I'm 5'2' and 100 pounds. I'm screwed if I don't have a piece of metal to brace myself with! haha.

I think usually if you get there by like 3 you can get close to if not be at the front. But I'm basing this off what I heard other people say.

I'm most likely going to be wearing my Clash-London Calling shirt, and I'll be the 21 year old who looks about 16 b/c she's small. I might even post a pic on here in the next hour so you guys can look out for me because I'd love to meet up so that:

B) so we can have our own circle of ppl we trust up front so we can maybe protect each other from the crazy moshers!

Also, eagles1139, that's awesome this is your first TGA show! I hope it goes better than my first one (I'm telling you these crowds are scary).

Haha I'm not too worried about myself I'm ready for whatever shenanigans the crowd brings...I told my younger brother to expect to get knocked around a lot.

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

Haha I'm not too worried about myself I'm ready for whatever shenanigans the crowd brings...I told my younger brother to expect to get knocked around a lot.

Haha, yeah I mentally prepared my friend. Knocked around is okay but I had another friend fall and have several guys fall on top of her in DC. And she's bigger than me. That's more what I'm scared of. Hopefully I just get bruises and some fun stories!
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:41 pm

I'll be the quiet/awkward 18 year old probably in a Menzingers shirt or something trying not to die up front haha. I like the idea of DSS peeps getting together at the front and stuff. This crowd is probably going to be crazy, but it'll still be fun! And YES to the Gossip Girl idea haha
Back to top Go down
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StateOfLoveAndGaslight

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:03 am

So final story, I'm planning to get there ASAP after the Sox game, hopefully by 5:30, gonna have dinner at the Middle East with my buddy who's also going to the show, any DSSers who are there at that time and would like to join us are totally welcome (our tickets say we get 20% off a meal, can't say no to that). What's the best way to get in touch with everyone? I almost never use Twitter, but I've got one, and I can tweet out updates on instructions to meet up with the DSS crew once you're there. Thoughts?

If we end up going the Twitter route, here I am:
https://twitter.com/JBSelden
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:35 am

If we do twitter I'm https://twitter.com/Shelby317

anyone who wants to can text me too idc just pm me and I'll send you the number.

I'm likely gonna be way up front in line because I'm getting there so early.

Also I've officially decided I will be wearing a t-shirt converted to a tank top with London Calling on it, and a belt covered in neon cassette tapes. If those two things help confirm you've spotted the right person!
Back to top Go down
HeroOfVirtue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
HeroOfVirtue

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:43 am

I'm not officially going but I'll be stalking around outside the place, holding out hope that I can get a ticket for a fair price. Laughing Faith will be rewarded, right? If not, at least I'll get to hang out and maybe meet a couple fellow fans.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:50 am

Good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:54 am

might have a spare will call ticket for tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 am

it depends on one person might having to work. i will make a sign saying will call ticket available if this happens.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:07 pm

I need an extra! Let me know!
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:10 pm

I want to be there so badly Sad Need a ticket.
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi all! This is my first post on the forum.

I'm so pumped for tonight's show that it inspired me to finally register here. Can't wait to see the guys again.

This one's got me extra excited since the first time I ever saw Gaslight was when they opened for the Loved Ones at Middle East Upstairs. Now, for my 9th show, it's moving downstairs with the roles reversed.

My sister was at the DC show a couple days ago and said it was one of the best shows of her life. Hope you all get in and have a blast!
Back to top Go down
HeroOfVirtue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
HeroOfVirtue

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:39 pm

A_Regular wrote:

We'll get in! Keep hope alive.

pleasepassthesoup - that sounds awesome. I'm new here too.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Today's the day! Since they played Howl the other day I'm really praying they play it tonight, or a different song from Handwritten we haven't heard live yet.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Today's the day! Since they played Howl the other day I'm really praying they play it tonight, or a different song from Handwritten we haven't heard live yet.

I really hope they play Handwritten. Or Mulholland Drive. Or Mae. That would be so great.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:12 pm

HeroOfVirtue wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

I probably won't drive the hour there to stand outside and pray for a ticket, there are going to be way too many people there doing that. Sad
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:15 pm

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
Hi all! This is my first post on the forum.

I'm so pumped for tonight's show that it inspired me to finally register here. Can't wait to see the guys again.

This one's got me extra excited since the first time I ever saw Gaslight was when they opened for the Loved Ones at Middle East Upstairs. Now, for my 9th show, it's moving downstairs with the roles reversed.

My sister was at the DC show a couple days ago and said it was one of the best shows of her life. Hope you all get in and have a blast!

That Upstairs show was awesome
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:32 pm

A_Regular wrote:
HeroOfVirtue wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

I probably won't drive the hour there to stand outside and pray for a ticket, there are going to be way too many people there doing that. Sad

There are always extra tickets or ways in. I'd be shocked if you didn't get in if you showed up 2-3 hrs before doors and were actively seeking a ticket. The band has also put people that showed up early or hung around on the list in other cities, so that's a last resort.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Nick Horror needs one for his dad so PM him first if anyone has an extra and sees this. Once her gets one I'd appreciate talking to someone about buying one beforehand and meeting there Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL   Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cambridge, MA ROLL CALL
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next