DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Washington, DC ROLL CALL

Go down 
+5
colmillionaire
StitchesOnTheRadio
dustinpardue
acousticbandit
jdc
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

Washington, DC ROLL CALL Empty
PostSubject: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 2:52 pm

All, I will be at the DC show on Friday, 7/20 at U St Music Hall with my GF. Wanted to see if anyone else was going!

(Also, are any of you locals heading up to Baltimore for the in-store? I'm too lazy to drive all that way myself in Friday traffic but I'm trying to figure out how to do it.)
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:49 pm

I'll be there (and likely at Solly's beforehand). I suggest it for any folks who are unfamiliar with the area.

where are the in-store details? can't find them anywhere.
Back to top Go down
dustinpardue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:33 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
I'll be there (and likely at Solly's beforehand). I suggest it for any folks who are unfamiliar with the area.

where are the in-store details? can't find them anywhere.

Looking forward to Friday! The in-store is Friday at 1pm at sound garden. That's about all the details that were given. Also you have to pre-order handwritten for access to the autograph line.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:03 pm

From their FB:

"Here in Baltimore, Maryland we are happy to announce that THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM will be performing at our store this coming FRIDAY! JULY 20th @ 1pm. We have a brand spanking new stage at the store and we are going to let these guys break it in. Perorder their new album "Handwritten" and get an autographed booklet! DONT SLEEP. FRIDAY. THIS FRIDAY! JULY 20th! 1PM! GASLIGHT ANTHEM! BALTIMORE SOUND GARDEN!"

And I live in Silver Spring, and do not really feel like spending hours driving up there (or even longer navigating Metro/MARC), but if someone was going, I will gladly chip in for gas and parking, or I'll buy you lunch.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:27 pm

jdc wrote:
From their FB:

"Here in Baltimore, Maryland we are happy to announce that THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM will be performing at our store this coming FRIDAY! JULY 20th @ 1pm. We have a brand spanking new stage at the store and we are going to let these guys break it in. Perorder their new album "Handwritten" and get an autographed booklet! DONT SLEEP. FRIDAY. THIS FRIDAY! JULY 20th! 1PM! GASLIGHT ANTHEM! BALTIMORE SOUND GARDEN!"

And I live in Silver Spring, and do not really feel like spending hours driving up there (or even longer navigating Metro/MARC), but if someone was going, I will gladly chip in for gas and parking, or I'll buy you lunch.

thanks for the info. hours? do you think traffic would be that bad?

i'd love to go but i just took off 3 days over the fourth of july week so i likely will be unable to wiggle away from work. bummer.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:30 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
[

i'd love to go but i just took off 3 days over the fourth of july week so i likely will be unable to wiggle away from work. bummer.

I think traffic might be horrendous. I've not done that drive, but I know driving from DC area to Baltimore for Orioles games (so not even across the harbor) has taken me 2 hours, on average, on a Friday afternoon. The other direction isn't necessarily as bad but who knows. My assumption is that I'd be spending about 3 hours in the car to see that in-store (round trip), just to get home, shower and get on the Metro to go downtown. If they WEREN'T playing here that night, I'd be more likely to just say "screw it" and go.

(The weird thing is that they literally might have to pass my apartment on the way to the venue from Baltimore. Does anyone other than Brian have a Twitter where I can get in touch with them and bum a ride? haha)
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:18 pm

jdc wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
[

I think traffic might be horrendous. I've not done that drive, but I know driving from DC area to Baltimore for Orioles games (so not even across the harbor) has taken me 2 hours, on average, on a Friday afternoon. The other direction isn't necessarily as bad but who knows. My assumption is that I'd be spending about 3 hours in the car to see that in-store (round trip), just to get home, shower and get on the Metro to go downtown. If they WEREN'T playing here that night, I'd be more likely to just say "screw it" and go.

(The weird thing is that they literally might have to pass my apartment on the way to the venue from Baltimore. Does anyone other than Brian have a Twitter where I can get in touch with them and bum a ride? haha)

Just go to the in-store, look like you belong there as part of their crew, then hop in the car(s) when they leave like you're supposed to be there. If anyone asks your the nephew of someone at the label. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:39 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
jdc wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
[

Just go to the in-store, look like you belong there as part of their crew, then hop in the car(s) when they leave like you're supposed to be there. If anyone asks your the nephew of someone at the label. Very Happy

I'm Josh...Mercury. Uh, you have to listen to me.

By the way, Shelby, you've met me, you KNOW I couldn't look like I fit into that crew if I tried.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Sup. I'm the hot dog guy. I'm pretty nice. I would grab a beer with any of you, but I'm holding off until Boston for that. Sooooo stoked. Where in Baltimore is the in-store? Gonna try and hit that up as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:43 pm

jdc wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
jdc wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
[

I'm Josh...Mercury. Uh, you have to listen to me.

By the way, Shelby, you've met me, you KNOW I couldn't look like I fit into that crew if I tried.

I hear they sell fake tattoo sleeves, that might help you fit in. http://www.articlesweb.org/blog/wp-content/gallery/want-to-put-on-some-fake-sleeves/want-to-put-on-some-fake-sleeves-2.jpg

and besides i doubt most of the mercury people look like the band and their crew haha.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Washington, DC ROLL CALL 48736810

Quote :
I'll be away tomorrow so I am posting this now. The Gaslight Anthem - DC Poster. Four colors screen printed on white, 19 x 25. only 30 or so available at the show and a few available at Artscape on Saturday. This poster is the first in a three part series and captures everything I love about life - love, music, and books. See you at the show!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Ahhh El Jefe's work just gets better and better. That's awesome. If I was going to that show I'd totally get it.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Just FYI, the Baltimore store said you have to pre-order the CD from THEM to get into the in-store. That's at least how you can guarantee entry. Not sure what happens if you don't buy anything though.

Baltimore traffic ALWAYS sucks. On a Friday in the summer it's probably a special level of Hell, so whatever it says it'll take you to get there, add at least another half hour to the ride.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:20 am

to quote dave hause:

tonight tonight alright alright!
Back to top Go down
dustinpardue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:52 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Just FYI, the Baltimore store said you have to pre-order the CD from THEM to get into the in-store. That's at least how you can guarantee entry. Not sure what happens if you don't buy anything though.

Baltimore traffic ALWAYS sucks. On a Friday in the summer it's probably a special level of Hell, so whatever it says it'll take you to get there, add at least another half hour to the ride.

hahaha yes it is a special level of hell, nicely said. I'm in Owings Mills which isn't that bad of a hell ride. Taking a long lunch break for the in-store.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:58 pm

I don't know if any of you made it to the in-store, it was fun (albeit short) - Brian and Alex R. played acoustic - 45, Navesink, Songs for Teenagers (Fake Problems) and Blue Jeans. The stage was cramped and the store was hot, so they then set up a table for signing things. The band was friendly as always but the store and label people were moving the line along pretty quickly because the band was worried about traffic making it back into DC.

If you paid 5 bucks to "preorder" the album, they gave you a CD booklet to have signed, but they did not have copies of the album to sell, or if they did, even Brian asking them didn't get them to sell them - he said he was told they were not available. I actually believe them, as they showed me they were playing a burned copy ove the store soundsystem. They also gave you a small promo poster and some buttons. Since I'm in DC, they let me and my girlfriend use our 5 bucks as store credit, and we bought some candy and other stuff at the front rather than making the drive back to get our copies.
Back to top Go down
dustinpardue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:59 pm

I had them sign a used Red Foxx cd that caught my eye while in line. I think they got a few laughs out of that.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Brilliant.

See you at the show later?
Back to top Go down
dustinpardue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:03 pm

I'll be there!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:44 am

Great Expectations dubstep after the show....yikes. Show was super fun though!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:06 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Great Expectations dubstep after the show....yikes. Show was super fun though!

ew, what? I can't picture that and I don't want to haha.

Anything noteworthy about the show? Did they play Howl or any other new songs? Funny moments? Rare setlist appearances?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:30 am

Handwritten songs were Howl, Here Comes My Man, and 45. I have no clue about the rest of the set. Maybe 21-23 songs in total

So many people outside looking for tickets it was insane...I felt pretty bad that I didn't buy extras.

They didn't play an encore because there was a show that started at 10. So they came on at 8:20 and played till 9:45 nonstop. Lots of older people and frat bros as per usual. Angry Johnny had Jesus Christ in it, which was great as always. Stoked on Boston tmrw!

In regards to the dubstep, they were getting ready for a dubstep show....shit is stupid.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:32 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Handwritten songs were Howl, Here Comes My Man, and 45. I have no clue about the rest of the set. Maybe 21-23 songs in total

So many people outside looking for tickets it was insane...I felt pretty bad that I didn't buy extras.

They didn't play an encore because there was a show that started at 10. So they came on at 8:20 and played till 9:45 nonstop. Lots of older people and frat bros as per usual. Angry Johnny had Jesus Christ in it, which was great as always. Stoked on Boston tmrw!

In regards to the dubstep, they were getting ready for a dubstep show....shit is stupid.

I wasn't there so I don't know what was played but here's the printed setlist

Great
"45"
Dance
Lincoln
Howl
Casanova
Senor
Johnny
Film
Diamond
Slang
Here Comes
Chelsea
Here's Lookin'
Back

Blue Jeans
Ferris
BoomBoxes
'59
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 am

also played divorce right before or after boomboxes.

my buddy was waiting outside forever and around 8 someone from the venue came outside and brought 4 folks to the box office for face value tickets. something about not everyone from the guestlist being there.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:38 pm

jdc wrote:
I
If you paid 5 bucks to "preorder" the album, they gave you a CD booklet to have signed, but they did not have copies of the album to sell, or if they did, even Brian asking them didn't get them to sell them - he said he was told they were not available. I actually believe them, as they showed me they were playing a burned copy ove the store soundsystem. They also gave you a small promo poster and some buttons. Since I'm in DC, they let me and my girlfriend use our 5 bucks as store credit, and we bought some candy and other stuff at the front rather than making the drive back to get our copies.

scratch
I don't understand this. You had to give them only $5 for an album they didn't have, yet had the CD booklet for? But instead you bought candy with it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC ROLL CALL   Washington, DC ROLL CALL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Washington, DC ROLL CALL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next