DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+23
Kosburn59
enola
bringiton
YouCanCallMeSally
Philo
White Man In Hammersmith
kirstyt
azlisa
Debonair
Breanne
plugga
Camus
HorribleCrowe
TGAFAN25
steph
NYYFAN523
NeverTrustAJunkie
JimmyB
Mr.Grieves
StitchesOnTheRadio
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
saltandburn1967
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:37 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
oh hush. there is no hell.

The interesting thing here is that Jimmy and I are both Christians. We believe the same basic principles. But we have very different views on life and humanity, I think.

i have very low tolerance for religion and all, but you are one of the few people i've met that talks about their faith but isn't close-minded about it or trying to convert others. i can respect someone like you. (i hope that doesn't come across like i think you shouldn't talk about your faith or sound condescending or anything.)

Nope, not at all! And I really appreciate that, Steph. I am an open-minded person. I don't push my beliefs on anyone else because they are personal to me, and everyone has the right to believe or not believe anything they want. It's not my place to judge or try to sway others to think like I do. That's just one of the reasons why I respect and admire Brian Fallon so much. He has the same attitude from what I've seen.

I am very devout and have extremely solid beliefs, but I would never in a million years try to push my religion on anyone else. I am always open for a good respectful discussion, but being pushy about it is not my style, and I don't tolerate people who are like that.

too many people are judgmental...as long as you're not hurting anyone else, who cares what you're doing, right??

EXACTLY! I have known plenty of people in my life who claimed that they were Christian and were just horrible, awful people, and lots of great people that had no religion at all. Just be a good person and believe what you want to believe. It doesn't matter to me!

i know! i hate when people say someone's a "good Christian", like even without the religious aspect, thinking that because one subscribes to a particular belief, they are automatically "good"?? makes no sense to me. that's also why it bothers me that some people ask, "if you're atheist, where do your morals come from?" uhhhh...being a decent human being, where else?!

Yep! I hate when people use religion as a way to determine whether a person is good or bad. it's not that simple! You have to look at how they treat people, how they live their lives, the actions they do...that's what makes a person "good" or "bad". Not just saying they go to church, or a synagogue, or a mosque, or whatever, or that they believe something that maybe someone else doesn't. You have to look at the person. And even then, i don't think it's my place to judge.

we are on the same page, girl! humans aren't so simple as some people think. black or white. nope. High Five
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:38 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Hey guys!
wave how you doin'?? Wink
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:39 am

steph wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:
steph wrote:

Channing Tatum's wife is vegan, Shannon Razz

which is good since he's a meathead.

so...she won't...eat him? Razz Wink

lol! I left that one for you, Steph! I knew I could count on the Queen of Filth! Clap

i can't just sit on my laurels once i've earned my title, i have to keep proving that i deserve it Razz

No worries there! No one could take away your title! queen
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:39 am

steph wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Hey guys!

NO WINKS

TWSS
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:40 am

steph wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

The interesting thing here is that Jimmy and I are both Christians. We believe the same basic principles. But we have very different views on life and humanity, I think.

i have very low tolerance for religion and all, but you are one of the few people i've met that talks about their faith but isn't close-minded about it or trying to convert others. i can respect someone like you. (i hope that doesn't come across like i think you shouldn't talk about your faith or sound condescending or anything.)

Nope, not at all! And I really appreciate that, Steph. I am an open-minded person. I don't push my beliefs on anyone else because they are personal to me, and everyone has the right to believe or not believe anything they want. It's not my place to judge or try to sway others to think like I do. That's just one of the reasons why I respect and admire Brian Fallon so much. He has the same attitude from what I've seen.

I am very devout and have extremely solid beliefs, but I would never in a million years try to push my religion on anyone else. I am always open for a good respectful discussion, but being pushy about it is not my style, and I don't tolerate people who are like that.

too many people are judgmental...as long as you're not hurting anyone else, who cares what you're doing, right??

EXACTLY! I have known plenty of people in my life who claimed that they were Christian and were just horrible, awful people, and lots of great people that had no religion at all. Just be a good person and believe what you want to believe. It doesn't matter to me!

i know! i hate when people say someone's a "good Christian", like even without the religious aspect, thinking that because one subscribes to a particular belief, they are automatically "good"?? makes no sense to me. that's also why it bothers me that some people ask, "if you're atheist, where do your morals come from?" uhhhh...being a decent human being, where else?!

Yep! I hate when people use religion as a way to determine whether a person is good or bad. it's not that simple! You have to look at how they treat people, how they live their lives, the actions they do...that's what makes a person "good" or "bad". Not just saying they go to church, or a synagogue, or a mosque, or whatever, or that they believe something that maybe someone else doesn't. You have to look at the person. And even then, i don't think it's my place to judge.

we are on the same page, girl! humans aren't so simple as some people think. black or white. nope. High Five

High Five See? Even though we don't have the same religious beliefs, we have the same beliefs in humanity. WE ARE AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:41 am

it's strange when you hear a song that reminds you of someone and then you're flooded with memories of that person.
Back to top Go down
http://mrgrieves21.deviantart.com/
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty

SARAAAAAAH! How are you? I'm feeling great right now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 13 Empty

stepsandnumbers wrote:
steph wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Hey guys!

NO WINKS

TWSS

no winks? Sad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:42 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:
it's strange when you hear a song that reminds you of someone and then you're flooded with memories of that person.

Tell me about it! Sometimes that can be very good and sometimes it can be very painful. There are a couple of songs I have a hard time listening to because they remind of someone and those scars haven't healed yet. Are your memories good or bad?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:42 am

steph wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

High Five See? Even though we don't have the same religious beliefs, we have the same beliefs in humanity. WE ARE AWESOME!

we are! Razz it's so refreshing to be able to do that, talk to someone who people might think, you have nothing in common with, but the important stuff, what it all comes down to, we agree on.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:43 am

steph wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
steph wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Hey guys!

NO WINKS

TWSS

no winks? Sad

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:43 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
steph wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
steph wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Hey guys!

NO WINKS

TWSS

no winks? Sad

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

awwwwww yeah!!!!!

what have you been up to, lady?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:44 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:

Tell me about it! Sometimes that can be very good and sometimes it can be very painful. There are a couple of songs I have a hard time listening to because they remind of someone and those scars haven't healed yet. Are your memories good or bad?

to be honest they start out good but then remind me how the person passed so they eventually become sad memories.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:44 am

SHANNOOOOOOON! I'm fantastic! Happy to be a witness to Drunk Shannon once again! Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:47 am

steph wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

we are! Razz it's so refreshing to be able to do that, talk to someone who people might think, you have nothing in common with, but the important stuff, what it all comes down to, we agree on.

I couldn't agree more. I know in some ways we are opposites, but in other ways we are so similiar!

Speaking of which, when you are drunk, does your OCD take a temporary vacation? Mine does! The thoughts are still there, like I need things to be symmetric for example, but I don't feel the need to carry the complusion out so much. It's refreshing!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:49 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:
Mr.Grieves wrote:

to be honest they start out good but then remind me how the person passed so they eventually become sad memories.

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that. Sad I have some of those memories that are attached to songs too. It can be rough, but music can also help people through some really tough times. I know it has done that for me.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:49 am

i'm going to break the chain of quotes now so as not to annoy people, but YES. for a long time, i couldn't read much til i drank. just a little bit, not so drunk that i couldn't focus on the reading, but just enough to make me really relax. Razz

ALSO I JUST WANT TO REMIND THE WORLD THAT THE BEST PUPPY EVER WAS BORN TEN YEARS AGO TODAY
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:50 am

thanks. it's something i've been dealing with for a few years now. gets better, gets worse. just how it is.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:50 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:

SHANNOOOOOOON! I'm fantastic! Happy to be a witness to Drunk Shannon once again! Razz

Haha, I am too drukn tonight though! I'm not even sure how much sense I'm making, but I can promise you guys that everything I am saying is 100% honest right now because I am in too truthful a mood (Almost Famous quote!).

Are you drinking too? You can join me and Steph! :drunken"
Back to top Go down
Mr.Grieves
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Mr.Grieves

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:52 am

alcohol is like truth serum.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:52 am

steph wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
steph wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
steph wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Hey guys!

NO WINKS

TWSS

no winks? Sad

awwwwww yeah!!!!!

Not too much! Trying to survive this tropical, gross summer. No

What about you?!

Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:54 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
steph wrote:

Not too much! Trying to survive this tropical, gross summer. No

What about you?!

me too, toots, me too. i've been twice as busy w/ work lately, of course during the absolute worst time of year. i'm surprised i've survived this long... but tomorrow i only have 2 jobs, then i'm off the next two days. i plan on drinking and sleeping!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:55 am

steph wrote:
i'm going to break the chain of quotes now so as not to annoy people, but YES. for a long time, i couldn't read much til i drank. just a little bit, not so drunk that i couldn't focus on the reading, but just enough to make me really relax. Razz

ALSO I JUST WANT TO REMIND THE WORLD THAT THE BEST PUPPY EVER WAS BORN TEN YEARS AGO TODAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR PUPPY! Very Happy

That's really interesting. I know my OCD gets worse when I get stressed out, and since I'm perpetually stressed out now, I only get a break if I drink. And I don't have to get drunk, just drink enough to relax and I get some relief. I wasn't even sure if that was normal or not.

All of my senses are so heightened, and I'm pretty sure Gaslight music has never sounded as good as it does right now. Thank you Mr. Bacardi. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:55 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:

Haha, I am too drukn tonight though! I'm not even sure how much sense I'm making, but I can promise you guys that everything I am saying is 100% honest right now because I am in too truthful a mood (Almost Famous quote!).

Are you drinking too? You can join me and Steph! :drunken"

No such thing as "too drukn". Razz

Nope, I'm sober as can be, buuuut I haven't slept in like 30 hours so alcohol is the last thing I need!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:56 am

Mr.Grieves wrote:
thanks. it's something i've been dealing with for a few years now. gets better, gets worse. just how it is.

Same here. Feelings like that tend to cycle with me. It's harder at first when you attach a song to someone and something bad happens, but over time, at least you have those moments when it's not so bad. Life is just too difficult sometimes. Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next