DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice

Go down 
+19
Harbortown
bakerfall
DiamondSinatra
simo
Prisoner
Shrewsbury_Stars
azlisa
JimmyB
DeathoftheCool
Christophe
ral
Jack
StitchesOnTheRadio
White Man In Hammersmith
loazis
Klown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
plugga
LuceroDiehard
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:01 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Benny's not really that exceptional, though I love his style.

Personally I wouldn't call any of them "exceptional" (except for Brian in the case of his lyrics) but they do all have something stylistically that they bring to the band that makes the band as a whole pretty amazing. But if you are looking at it purely from a technical proficiency standpoint, you could absolutely find better musicians. You always can, especially when the band is young.

Also I agree I love Benny's style. I don't usually notice drummers but you can't miss him.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:18 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Personally I wouldn't call any of them "exceptional" (except for Brian in the case of his lyrics) but they do all have something stylistically that they bring to the band that makes the band as a whole pretty amazing. But if you are looking at it purely from a technical proficiency standpoint, you could absolutely find better musicians. You always can, especially when the band is young.

Also I agree I love Benny's style. I don't usually notice drummers but you can't miss him.
Indeed, indeed. A band like this wouldn't sound as good if they were virtuosos, though. I've heard too many bands ruined by displays of technical proficiency. Keep the dirt, keep it true!

The great thing about him is that he hits hard. Too many drummers don't.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Indeed, indeed. A band like this wouldn't sound as good if they were virtuosos, though. I've heard too many bands ruined by displays of technical proficiency. Keep the dirt, keep it true!

He hits hard, plays fast and adds his own style. All you can want in a punk drummer.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:34 pm

bakerfall wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

He hits hard, plays fast and adds his own style. All you can want in a punk drummer.

I agree about the virtuosos thing. I don't care if you can play the most complicated five minute long guitar solo if the song as a whole is crap. Also, as much as I love the sound of a guitar, that would bore me haha.

And yeah Benny plays so you can hear him! But that aspect of adding his own style is key. That's the difference for me between the punk music that I love and the stuff I hate. You could be as punk as you want but if you don't have your own style then you sound like everybody else. The world has enough generic punk bands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4