DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)

Go down 
+7
miked331
turnitin2004
Anya_TGA
cowgirlwiththeblues
Harbortown
ivienco
steady now steady now
11 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

"The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Empty
PostSubject: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 2:00 pm

I thought this might be worth a topic.

On 21 Nov. someone wrote on Twitter: "Liam and Noel Gallagher always play Oasis songs at their solo gigs, why do you choose not to play any Gaslight songs @thebrianfallon ? Not complaining just curious."

Brian replied: "I actually do sometimes.  But always different versions.  I don’t usually because the band is still a band, oasis is not."

So, The Gaslight Anthem are "still a band".  Makes me live in hope.

That said, my party pooper reply was: "It doesn't seem like still a band: out of date websites, defunct fan club, no new merch, no one-off shows & band-like songs on solo albums."

Last edited by steady now steady now on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 2:52 pm

I watched (for the millionth time more or less) the Williamsburg concert and he explained there how the fan club would work and I found myself replying "yeah right" without even thinking about it... It's kind of sad how abandoned everything Gaslight-related is...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Man, it'll be interesting to see what Gaslight Anthem would sound like if they were to make a comeback.

The '59 Sound came out when Brian was 28 years old. A new Gaslight record would place him around the 40-mark. Surely that would have some reflection in the music. Or, supposedly.

I wouldn't mind too much if they wrote another Get Hurt, it was kind of a hit and miss but it was a bold fucking move and honestly it contains some of my favorite songs. The old music was great, but I'm glad they left the whole Maria dancing to the radio under the moonlight in her high heels-shtick behind.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 6:49 pm

I think it will be a while yet, Brian’s having far too much fun with his solo work and the others are all doing their own thing as well. And Benny is playing on he latest Dead Swords, which is definitely good news - at least 3/4 of the band still seem happy working together. I think we just need to have patience, and enjoy all the other things that are going on while we wait.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm

those are great news!
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:32 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
I think it will be a while yet, Brian’s having far too much fun with his solo work and the others are all doing their own thing as well.  And Benny is playing on he latest Dead Swords, which is definitely good news - at least 3/4 of the band still seem happy working together.  I think we just need to have patience, and enjoy all the other things that are going on while we wait.

I sure hope any reunion would have Alex L tho when you say 3/4 of the band happy to do stuff together. He has the clothing and the sandwiches and the hair cuts. Maybe doesn't want to do music until it's Gaslight stuff again. I know I've seen gaslight Twitter retweet some of his stuff sometimes.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:47 pm

turnitin2004 wrote:
I think it will be a while yet, Brian’s having far too much fun with his solo work and the others are all doing their own thing as well.  And Benny is playing on he latest Dead Swords, which is definitely good news - at least 3/4 of the band still seem happy working together.  I think we just need to have patience, and enjoy all the other things that are going on while we wait.

I sure hope any reunion would have Alex L tho when you say 3/4 of the band happy to do stuff together. He has the clothing and the sandwiches and the hair cuts. Maybe doesn't want to do music until it's Gaslight stuff again. I know I've seen gaslight Twitter retweet some of his stuff sometimes.

Unfortunately the sandwich shop didn't last
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Ah damn didn't know about that. Well hopefully all the other stuff is going well. I like his clothing a stuff
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 5:51 am

I didn't know about the sandwich shop either. There was talk of Alex L. doing something with Sammy Kay at one point, but that one seems to have died a death, which is a shame. I get the impression that he didn't do much before Gaslight either, so maybe he just isn't one of those people that constantly has the itch. I wouldn't want to see a reunion without him either, I hope maybe running businesses and having a young family is stopping him from doing something on a smaller scale, but a Gaslight reunion might be big enough to entice him away, even if only for a while.
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 am

turnitin2004 wrote:

Brian is divorced from Alex's sister, correct?  Some awkwardness is understandable.
Back to top Go down
Asmith1912
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Asmith1912

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 12:55 pm

So I figured i'd throw this in here instead of making a new topic, but Governor's ball is releasing clues for bands that will be playing this summer. As you might note, clue number 4 has "high top sneakers, and a sailor tattoo"

http://www.theculturefiles.com/governors-ball-music-festival-2018-lineup-presale-tickets/

Remain skeptical but.... a boy can dream right?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 11:43 am

Well, Brian's just made the same point again in his interview with Upset (see other topic).

Extract:

While the band hasn’t played together since a Reading Festival farewell in 2015, Gaslight have by no means played their final show. “It was never like a tumultuous thing between the four of us, which is cool cos, you know we didn’t ‘split up’, I would still call us a band for sure. I would never say that we’re split up, that’d be weird.”
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Gumption wrote:
turnitin2004 wrote:

Brian is divorced from Alex's sister, correct?  Some awkwardness is understandable.

Yes would understand my be awkward though I don't follow any relationships outside the band so hopefully it ended on not awful terms, as best as those things can. I don't know at all.
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Alex L also likes stuff Brian posts and vice versa.  Brian and Hollie are both with other people, hopefully that will not keep Alex from being a part of things going forward. And PS Alex's Twitter handle is still @alexgaslight for what that's worth.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 am

Also, you have to remember that they made a record and did an extensive tour fairly shortly after the divorce, so you have to think that it wasn’t that big of a problem for them.
Back to top Go down
Gumption
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 10:25 am

Also, you have to remember that they made a record and did an extensive tour fairly shortly after the divorce, so you have to think that it wasn’t that big of a problem for them.
Not really. Business is business, but strain takes time. It's all speculation and could go either way.
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Sort of less optimistic news - Brian appeared on the Matt Pinnfield podcast and talked about this (about 28mins in). He said the band could play together again but as for writing new music "I don't know". Didn't rule it out of course though.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 3:35 pm

kjakm wrote:
Sort of less optimistic news - Brian appeared on the Matt Pinnfield podcast and talked about this (about 28mins in). He said the band could play together again but as for writing new music "I don't know". Didn't rule it out of course though.

He writes the music/songs, even if the band has contributed in the studio (though believe it was never that much). So isn't it really up to Brian which band he'd like to record his stuff with? Hence, as for whether TGA has a future, the balls seems to be in his court.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 pm

I guess we will see what happens..we just have to wait..enjoy Brian's new solo record..and maybe after this record and the tour they will announce something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)   "The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The band is still a band" (Brian Fallon, Nov. 2017)
Page 1 of 1