DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice

Go down 
+19
Harbortown
bakerfall
DiamondSinatra
simo
Prisoner
Shrewsbury_Stars
azlisa
JimmyB
DeathoftheCool
Christophe
ral
Jack
StitchesOnTheRadio
White Man In Hammersmith
loazis
Klown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
plugga
LuceroDiehard
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Empty
PostSubject: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Uh, that's why they have rehearsal; shows

From Springsteen Forum BACKSTREETS BTX Shocked

While we were waiting in the will call line at the Roxy, Brian came out of sound check to smoke a cigarette, and he said that he watched the lives tream and his performance was pissing him off. He thought he sounded flat and out of breath. Said they need more practice. I thought it was funny (or not so funny) that he was smoking a cigarette while commenting on being out of breath.

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=280526&start=30
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:32 pm

QUIT SMOKING BRIAN, BABY.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:34 pm

plugga wrote:

This!

I really wish he would quit too. It's just so unhealthy! Sad
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:34 pm

plugga wrote:

This. His voice is just going to end up the same way as one of his heroes, a certain Mr.Vedder, and many like him. Strained to fuck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:55 pm

I have to admit that I almost cringed just a tiny little bit during parts of 45.

Almost just a tiny little bit though. Not quite.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Klown wrote:
plugga wrote:

This. His voice is just going to end up the same way as one of his heroes, a certain Mr.Vedder, and many like him. Strained to fuck.

so worried about how eddie's voice is going to sound in berlin hmmm but I don't think he has the same issues as brian
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:14 pm

plugga wrote:
Klown wrote:
plugga wrote:

so worried about how eddie's voice is going to sound in berlin hmmm but I don't think he has the same issues as brian

It shouldn't be too bad to be honest, it's harder to notice just how gone Vedders voice is, whilst watching them live, it's not until you go back, and cringe your way through a lot of the bootlegs. My biggest cringe had to be him struggling through 'The Fixer' in London in '10, barely a year after he had recorded the song...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Klown wrote:
plugga wrote:
Klown wrote:
plugga wrote:

It shouldn't be too bad to be honest, it's harder to notice just how gone Vedders voice is, whilst watching them live, it's not until you go back, and cringe your way through a lot of the bootlegs. My biggest cringe had to be him struggling through 'The Fixer' in London in '10, barely a year after he had recorded the song...

haven't heard many bootlegs except the really old ones in verona!
but I am convinced eddie had a better voice than brian to begin with, so he is able to sound pretty decent live anyways, brian is having worse problems
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Do you honestly think it's all down to the smoking? It's quite obviously just a bit too high for him, the rest of the hits sound just as good as they've ever done. The band do need practise though, quite sluggish, loose and messy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:49 pm

They definitely need to practice but im not worried on that front. The smoking though can only keep makin it worse for him. He's right he did sound flat and out of breath. He really should just quit now while he still maybe has a chance to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:03 pm

That's actually great that he noticed that. Because he's a fantastic singer and you'd be hard-pressed to figure that out from the Brooklyn show. Much better than (sadly, so many) singers who insist they feel as good as ever and they're sounding better than ever when it's so clearly not the case.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:08 pm

plugga wrote:
Klown wrote:
plugga wrote:
Klown wrote:
plugga wrote:

haven't heard many bootlegs except the really old ones in verona!
but I am convinced eddie had a better voice than brian to begin with, so he is able to sound pretty decent live anyways, brian is having worse problems

I wouldn't be too worried about Ed's voice live. They do a good job of hiding the flaws with effects/echo/reverb most of the time. The main difference is in how he'll sing certain songs and he doesn't "go for it" as much now or have the growl that he used to. If you listen to shows prior to 1996 or even 1998, he used to have it almost every night. Now he'll take songs off or generally sound like shit on some songs. The smoking doesn't help but I don't blame it entirely. He didn't take great care of his voice in the past and it's showing now.

Another example would be Chris Cornell. His voice had gotten pretty rough but he quit smoking in the last couple years and is sounding almost as good as ever.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:11 pm

would be so curious to hear chris sing live now, his and eddie's voice were UNREAL back in the days!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Yeah, Cornell has really rejuvenated his voice. He doesn't hit the high notes with the same power and tone as he used to, but honestly there are so few humans that can sing the way he did on Badmotorfinger. Also you can tell how much he focuses on sounding good at the live shows i.e. he doesn't run around and stomp all over the stage the way he used to, so he doesn't ever run out of breath.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:00 pm

It's simple, they need to lower the octave of 45. Everything else sounded really, really good. But Brian shouldn't really be kicking himself like that, the rest of the performance was pretty ace
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:13 pm

To be honest I preferred it when Ian only came on to play on a couple of songs when Brian put the guitar down. I don't know how much the extra guitar is affecting the sound and I guess I will find out at Koko but I guess they need to work on their sound a bit if Ian is going to play the whole show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:32 pm

These are only the first couple of shows for the tour, so I'm sure it'll take a little bit to get back into the swing of things. I'm just happy they're touring again!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:35 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
These are only the first couple of shows for the tour, so I'm sure it'll take a little bit to get back into the swing of things. I'm just happy they're touring again!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  2790472475
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:40 pm

you know how we were talking about the weight Brian had put up when we saw the Red Bull Interview....I'm sure that has something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:09 pm

i'm pretty sure in a video of 45 at the roxy they lowered it a half step, so they're definitely working on that one. i feel like the same thing happened during american slang, the footage from bonnaroo seemed pretty rough on their part, but by the time they were playing in europe they were SO on their game. area 4 and hammersmith come to mind. this is all just based off youtube but theyre just getting back into it again, wouldn't worry.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:10 pm

yeah I totally get these are their first shows and they're going to get better but he needs to stop smoking anyways Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:11 pm

plugga wrote:
yeah I totally get these are their first shows and they're going to get better but he needs to stop smoking anyways Frying Pan

Can't argue with that--unless one is a Tobacco Company employee or retiree
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Well do not forget....a lot of people hate Gaslight at BTX.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:15 pm

why?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:16 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
why?
Because apparently they think Brian is ripping Bruce off every single minute of his life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice    Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian reportedly told fan in L.A. that the Band Needs More Practice
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next