DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:55 pm

JimmyB wrote:
They put the lyrics up there to make sure they do not have another Born in the USA incident....

What happened with Born in the U.S.A.? scratch
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
I hate the fact they have put the lyrics over the video, it completely ruins it and makes it look amateur!

I don't hate it, but I agree that it looks amateurish. I can overlook that though, because Bruce sounds great and looks amazing for a guy that is 62. 62?!
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:05 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
I hate the fact they have put the lyrics over the video, it completely ruins it and makes it look amateur!

I don't hate it, but I agree that it looks amateurish. I can overlook that though, because Bruce sounds great and looks amazing for a guy that is 62. 62?!

Yeah, as a filmmaking student I don't see why they decided to ruin some really nice visuals by putting the lyrics up which automatically takes the viewers attention away from the images Sad
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:08 pm

JimmyB wrote:
They put the lyrics up there to make sure they do not have another Born in the USA incident....

Everyone thought it was patriotic song because of the chorus..when in fact it was calling out politicians for Vietnam...Much like this song is doing...calling out politicians for Iraq, and a general failure to the USA.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:11 pm

JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Everyone thought it was patriotic song because of the chorus..when in fact it was calling out politicians for Vietnam...Much like this song is doing...calling out politicians for Iraq, and a general failure to the USA.

Fair enough, that is a reasonable explanation, however if that is the case they could of put more effort into creating a video which portrayed the song so that it couldn't have mistaken meaning
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:31 pm

JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

That's what I love so much about Born in the U.S.A. And almost thirty years later, some people still don't get the meaning!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Grammy performance:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bruce-springsteen-and-the-e-street-band-open-the-grammys/

Just cant wait for the summer Smile!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Man, truly not feeling the earrings... Seem to take away a little bit of his manly image....

Song is average... Really hoping to catch him on his next tour though, would love to see him at least once just so I can tell my kids one day
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:08 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/9087360/Bruce-Springsteen-I-enjoy-artists-who-take-on-the-world.html

Bruce Springsteen: I enjoy artists who take on the world

Bruce Springsteen’s 17th studio album is his most overtly political yet. At its launch in Paris, the blue-collar icon reveals why .

Link above for full article

Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Bruce_2141340b
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 pm

New Video from a Bruce Conference from France
Also includes snippets of new songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH7i0HI05DE&feature=share
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Easy Money and Shackled and Drawn sound so amazing.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:32 pm

track by track review

www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/cdreviews/9087107/Bruce-Springsteens-new-album-Wrecking-Ball-track-by-track-review.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:26 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/feb/17/bruce-springsteen-wrecking-ball
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:08 pm

Nevermind I found one.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Apparently they're premiering a new song from the album every day. Here's "Easy Money":

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/02/check-out-bruce-springsteen-easy-money/

I like this one a lot better than WTCOOO. Can't wait to hear "Shackled and Drawn" tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:37 pm

This album is pretty excellent as far as late career Bruce goes. I'd say it's parallel with Magic, but a lot more eclectic.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:40 pm

sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
This album is pretty excellent as far as late career Bruce goes. I'd say it's parallel with Magic, but a lot more eclectic.
You've listened to all of it?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Easy Money is great! It sounds like a classic Bruce song! I like WTCOOO, but this one is even better. Now I'm even more excited for this album to come out!

Thanks for posting the link, Harry Lime! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm

I'm loving this, nearly finished on my first listen! can't wait for the bonus tracks to leak now Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:14 pm

The album has leaked...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:22 pm

I don't want to listen to leaks! I would rather wait for the official previews/releases, like how Backstreets is playing one new song a day this week. The whole album will be out in two weeks, so why not just wait until then?
Back to top Go down
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:25 pm

I'm a diehard fan. I will still be buying the vinyl and CD. Everyone is talking about the songs so I want to hear them. No harm done. I'll be in Asbury listening to rehearsals most likely this week. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:28 pm

I put easy money as a combination of The Rhythm of the Seeger sessions, The strings of Into the fire, and the lyrics sound like they could be from the same town as "Factory" was.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:29 pm

I don't want to listen to leaks! I would rather wait for the official previews/releases, like how Backstreets is playing one new song a day this week. The whole album will be out in two weeks, so why not just wait until then?
I've pre-ordered the CD and I'll be picking up the vinyl at a local shop when it's released, but I'd much rather listen to the whole album as leaked than one song per day. I tend to judge most work on the strength of the entire album rather than individual songs. For what it's worth, this album is really terrific from start to finish. It has a very nice flow, it's not just a collection of disparate songs.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Rizz1048 wrote:
I'm a diehard fan. I will still be buying the vinyl and CD. Everyone is talking about the songs so I want to hear them. No harm done. I'll be in Asbury listening to rehearsals most likely this week. Can't wait!

I'm not judging anyone else for listening to leaks, I was just saying that I don't. It's an OCD thing. Rolling Eyes Waiting a couple more weeks for something that is sure to be wonderful is no big deal to me. I like the anticipation, kind of like waiting for Christmas morning when I was a kid (okay, I'm still like that! Razz ).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 14 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next