DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:36 am

I have to be honest, Bruce has been my hero for thirty odd years , seen him 40+ times around the globe , but i am starting to feel like his lost it as far as coming up with new songs. WOAD was a very poor album , an album of out takes with a couple of good songs but still a very poor record, I think thats why he didnt play to much of it live on the last tour. The Promise was great for what it was , but most of the songs had been knocking around on live bootlegs for years not many real suprises and the main thing that let it down was the songs that Bruce had re done the vocals, his voice has changed so much over the years , it kinda took the 1977feel away from the set.
This new single to me is OK but thats about it , if im being kind 7/10, im not sure why the 3 old songs are there , Wrecking ball I hope he has re-worked and had the Giants Stadium bit taken away, why American land is on the delux package im not sure , can only think its because is an e st studio version the other old song I can only think its there for Clarence, but it does to me make it look like Bruce is struggleing to find a complete new albums worth of new songs. The feel im getting from what im hearing is another Born in the USA album, but come on Bruce that was was 1984. Landau saying its Bruces most angry record, where ever this flag is flown dont sound that angry to me.
Im still really looking forward to all the shows im doing in the summer, ive even booked into his hotel in Dublin in a last ditched chance to meet my hero ( well one of my heroes , Brian being the other) I always wondered what I would say to him , I was kinda gonna go along the lines for thanks for never letting me down Bruce , but after WOAD and I hope not the Wrecking Ball that might not be true anymore, at the end of the day lo, he is still and by a milllion miles the best live act on the plannet. I really do hope there is a bit more about this new album and it dont just turn out to be a greatest hits tour, with Clarence and Danny gone , this was always gonna be an important album and tour for the future of the current e st band.
Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 am

Amen to that!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:52 pm

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about Bruce.. Have heard the singles, but that's about it...

But it seems like he's pumping out albums rather quickly no? Maybe it would be helpful if he took a bit more time to allow himself a little more creative inspiration?
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:38 pm

he certainly did put out a lot of stuff in the last decade. Devils and Dust was 2005, and Seeger Sessions was 364 days later in 2006. Magic came out October of 2007, and Working on a Dream came 15 months later in early 2009.

so this album coming out over 2 years after the last one is the longest break between records in a while.

i liked the first song okay, but i have higher hopes for this album. i would be absolutely shocked if the title track hasn't been significantly reworked. i wouldn't be surprised if there were some new verses in Land of Hope and Dreams as well as in American Land. the Tom Morello guest spot will be awesome, and all the press about it being fiery and different is encouraging.

obviously i don't know how good it will be; i'm not going to pass judgement on something before i hear it. any preemptive reviews of the album are ridiculous, but i am optimistic that this can be a nice return to form.
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:33 am

We Take Care of Our Own - wow. I listened to it after reading what ya'll had to say and I share a little bit of all views. No, this is not 11 out of 10 material that we are used to from the boss, and no, we can't judge all of his album on it.
However, I loved the song. It was hip, upbeat, had great drums and thoughtful lyrics, not to mention, had many echos of "golden age" Bruce. If this is any indication, it's a fresh start, something new to look forward to in future work from him, and I for one, think this song is a very exciting start. I also think this album will be - ahem - boss Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:39 pm

sadly I've got some serious issues with the lyrics, because they are so easy to take the wrong way

"take care of our own" = small government?

"our own" = f**ck everyone else (foreigners, immigrants, etc.)?

hardly, but I can sure see some dumb ass republican playing this at their rallies

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:00 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

but I can sure see some dumb ass republican playing this at their rallies

couldn't have said it better.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Yeah, i interpret it either as 1. A reminder, like remember, we need to take care of our own. or 2. we don't actually do that and it's ironic - i think bruce's twitter said something along the lines of #2. Anyway, I think "our own" is just America. It'd suck if people interpret it as divisive or selfish type stuff. oh well
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:38 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Yeah, i interpret it either as 1. A reminder, like remember, we need to take care of our own. or 2. we don't actually do that and it's ironic - i think bruce's twitter said something along the lines of #2. Anyway, I think "our own" is just America. It'd suck if people interpret it as divisive or selfish type stuff. oh well

I'm thinking it's more like #2. Kind of ironic like how some people think that Born in the U.S.A. is a patriot anthem when it's actually the opposite. And I agree that "our own" is America as a whole. Sometimes a song can look simple or superficial, but when you take it apart, there's a lot more to it.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:50 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

I'm thinking it's more like #2. Kind of ironic like how some people think that Born in the U.S.A. is a patriot anthem when it's actually the opposite. And I agree that "our own" is America as a whole. Sometimes a song can look simple or superficial, but when you take it apart, there's a lot more to it.

Agreed !
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:04 pm

I hear it as him calling out all politicians...no matter what party they are part of.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:25 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I hear it as him calling out all politicians...no matter what party they are part of.

I like that idea. Kind of like Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin'". Who cares what political side you're on, just get out there and do something to help the country change for the better!

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don’t stand in the doorway
Don’t block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There’s a battle outside and it is ragin’
It’ll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin’
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:49 am

Does anyone else get really excited when a tracklisting gets released like it did for this album?
I start imagining what they'll all sound like... We Are Alive looks especially awesome
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:57 am

Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 405327_353280914682045_212509128759225_1509846_789188805_n

Danny would have been 62 today
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:30 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:

the trouble with right wingers, religious fundamentalists, etc., is that they don't get irony
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 am

steady now steady now wrote:

the trouble with right wingers, religious fundamentalists, etc., is that they don't get irony

True--that is why they tend to not be very fun people to hang out with.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 pm

This album could possibly be the start and formation of Springsteenism. Well I sure hope. Wink
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:35 pm

riversedge wrote:
This album could possibly be the start and formation of Springsteenism. Well I sure hope. Wink

Springsteenism? Well, I do have a book called 'The Gospel According to Bruce Springsteen: Rock and Redemption, From Asbury Park to Magic' by Jeffrey B. Symynkywicz, a universalist minster in MA.

http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-according-Bruce-Springsteen/dp/0664231691/

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:21 pm

Where are the loops and stuff on WTCOOO? the handclaps?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Dates are out For the US leg of the tour.... and NO PITTSBURGH?!?!? UGH.... Guess I can start saving up to see him solo at Soldiers and Sailors hall.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 pm

He will hit Pitt in the Fall for a big arena show
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
He will hit Pitt in the Fall for a big arena show
I just pray you are right. I want to see Bruce and E street together before I see Bruce Solo..
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:32 pm

He will be back in the US after the European leg and dont be to shocked if he is not back in Europe next year. Tickets seem to have sold very well this leg.
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:11 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Dates are out For the US leg of the tour.... and NO PITTSBURGH?!?!? UGH.... Guess I can start saving up to see him solo at Soldiers and Sailors hall.
NO Chicago
NO St.Paul
NO Milwaukee
NO Pittsburgh

Sounds like a second US-leg is very possbile to me...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:58 am

Does anybody know if We Take Care of Our Own is the only song that has been released so far, or is the whole album streaming somewhere? I'm not looking for a leak or anything, I'm just really excited for this record! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 12 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next