DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+118
shiftynj
brunswick18
NotLikeWeBleed
bt211
Johnny 99
The Angry Johnny Revue
reitzel6570
kappanera
The_River
Debonair
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Jaws
moosicmaniac
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Thunder Peel
BossTime
songs like a comfort
f1schu111
oh_megan
moconnell23
BuddyHolly
Raoul_Duke
DiamondSinatra
NYYFAN523
bringiton_ty
Definitely_Josef
Shorestyle69
acousticbandit
HeroOfVirtue
Emusic
onbackstreetsinbackseats
gtalbott
StitchesOnTheRadio
QuizzlyBear
CapedAvenger
03aarm
40 Miler
rumham
ral
covsc1922
Mikael
redheadchick
_rebekka_
Klown
bringiton
The Poet Jonah
joshyboytyler
Camus
TGAforLIFE
steph
nico0493
Christophe
I Came To Dance
mingus
eremitapa
Stalls_Standing
Gaslight23
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
AngryJohnnyN1930
TGAFAN25
eagles1139
Mipi
Bea
Fiddler
Holland
luckyman
ThisMachineKillsFascists
dm1234
theBasemen
Daire
backseat99
Labhras
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
luckysparks
plugga
Ghost
jzancan
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jerseyrain
DeathoftheCool
Matilda Noir
Philo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
brucesboots
Harbortown
riversedge
JimmyB
RobertODonnell
chickenman
Shrewsbury_Stars
Grant Michael
LuceroDiehard
chrissylovesbruce
Jay
Jack
MKULTRA
kieran
Ryan
Johnny99
e7c
simo
sarahjay
AmandaC.
steady now steady now
Scarlett
thecosmickid
drifter69
Angry Johnny
stephendgaf
Shipyards
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
Forum Owner
122 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:05 pm

You know I will, sugar.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Harbortown wrote:
plugga wrote:
Ahahaha we're like that! i am always extremely surprised at how "calm" concerts in england are : D
Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Tea2
Oh, he's playing Born to Run. How precious.

Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 07_giulianisipping_lg
Quite.
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Sweden for best Springsteen country though.
Doesn't compare to Spain or Italy in my opinion.

But I'll concede that we Brits are generally rubbish in comparison!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:40 pm

not rubbish, just different! Italians tend to be extremely warm which is both good and bad I suppose!

sooo:
7 giugno San Siro Milano
10 giugno Stadio Franchi Firenze
11 giugno Stadio Nereo Rocco Trieste

(giugno=june, clearly)
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:09 am

Orlando, Florida at Amway Center on March 17, 2011

(not confirmed but many rumors)
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Sweden for best Springsteen country though.

Nah, you Swedes got everything and nobody comes to Finland Sad . Okay, almost nobody. You think I'm going fly there or take a boat? No way man. I got my own problems. Just kidding , maybe santa rendeer

Seriously though, its not that impossible Bruce to come here anymore. Hes been here about 4 since 2003 (first time ever), but I always got something to do/no money/just not that big fan then. But now I gotta see him. No Big Man, but what you gonna do. I could fly somewhere else in Europe too...but not in Sweden Razz
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Full piece at: http://www.nj.com/springsteen/index.ssf/2011/11/whats_ahead_for_bruce_springst.html

What's ahead for Bruce Springsteen in 2012?

By Stan Goldstein

First, what will the makeup of the E Street Band be? Who or what entity will play the saxophone parts following the death of Clarence Clemons last June.

This is going to hit fans hard, to not have the Big Man, one of the original members of the E Street Band, onstage anymore. It was difficult in 2008 when organist Danny Federici passed away. Charlie Giordano has done a superb job picking up Danny's role but Clarence is irreplaceable.

I could see Bruce putting together a horn section. He last used one with the E Street Band on the Tunnel of Love Tour in 1988. The Seeger Sessions Tour in 2006 also featured a four-piece horn section

In 2009, Bruce added Curt Ramm on the trumpet for the final two months of the Working on the Dream Tour. Curt was great and added so much.

http://www.nj.com/springsteen/index.ssf/2011/11/whats_ahead_for_bruce_springst.html
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:38 pm

not visited here in a while but MANCHESTER, pumped!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:16 am

Does anyone have any idea what the album's gonna be like? I think Magic is my favorite, I'm just as if not more excited for the album as I am the tour
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:07 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what the album's gonna be like? I think Magic is my favorite, I'm just as if not more excited for the album as I am the tour

I'm hoping for no political bullshit and slightly less production than his last few records. Pretty freakin stoked about this...don't let me down Bruce.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:13 pm

got my ticket, going to san siro this time ; )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:09 pm

plugga wrote:
got my ticket, going to san siro this time ; )
Me too! Surprisingly easy ticket.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:14 pm

yeah, a friend of mine bought it for me! looks like it's going to be sold out by tomorrow, at least the standing
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:35 pm

sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

I'm hoping for no political bullshit and slightly less production than his last few records. Pretty freakin stoked about this...don't let me down Bruce.

No political bullshit? Isn't politcs injust about everything he's ever written? Isn't is at the core of his identity as an artist, as a person? The reason why he performs with such passion and creates music which means something?
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:08 am

backseat99 wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

No political bullshit? Isn't politcs injust about everything he's ever written? Isn't is at the core of his identity as an artist, as a person? The reason why he performs with such passion and creates music which means something?

No? Bruce's identity as an artist is about the holy reconciling of dreams and realities. Politics only occasionally played a minor role in that.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:18 am

backseat99 wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:

No? Bruce's identity as an artist is about the holy reconciling of dreams and realities. Politics only occasionally played a minor role in that.

I agree. Springsteen only lets politics invade certain songs. He is mostly talking about the human condition of reality vs. dream. Just listen to his songs.
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:18 am

Ok I think a distinction can be drawn here between political politics per se and an underlying progressive political agenda at the individual and societal level. Bruce’s music is an antidote to neo-conservatism and neo-liberal rhetoric more broadly which seeks to destroy democratic principles across the globe in place of an outright marketplace. His music across the last forty years and across a broad range of subjects -class, racism, urban poverty, war, peace, globalization- has sought to illustrate an unjust world and to highlight a move toward a more progressive and sympathetic society. His music does far more than public policy ever could to highlight the issues of oppression and hope for future change. Oh its also very danceable too 
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Tickets for his Dublin start from $113. Fuck that.

Man of the people my arse.
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi plugga and markbarlow.
When you see one giant very white viking standing out from all the italiens in the crowd, that'll be me. Can't wait to finally see Bruce in Italy and at the San Siro. See you guys there. Smile

As for the new unnamed album, rumors suggest it is a more stripped down album in the vein of Tunnel Of Love and Devils And Dust. Could be a good thing, altough the live shows in big outdoor stadiums will need alot more power and energy than most songs of those two albums has to offer.

Also, Ron Aniello appearently has been credited for producing Bruce' next album. Got high hopes for the new album, has to be better than Working On A Dream anyway!
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 5:52 pm

backseat99 wrote:

Ok I think a distinction can be drawn here between political politics per se and an underlying progressive political agenda at the individual and societal level. Bruce’s music is an antidote to neo-conservatism and neo-liberal rhetoric more broadly which seeks to destroy democratic principles across the globe in place of an outright marketplace. His music across the last forty years and across a broad range of subjects -class, racism, urban poverty, war, peace, globalization- has sought to illustrate an unjust world and to highlight a move toward a more progressive and sympathetic society. His music does far more than public policy ever could to highlight the issues of oppression and hope for future change. Oh its also very danceable too 

Ah yes how could I forget the timeless globalization epic Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street? haha I just think you're letting his current persona skew your perception of his earlier messages. Sure Bruce drew inspiration from hard times and stalled lives in albums like Darkness, but the themes used to go beyond specific politics and speak about a broader kind of human condition. There's something timeless and relatable about that as opposed to strictly political songs like Last to Die off Magic. Maybe I'm the exception, but news and politics just don't interest me as art at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:40 pm

chickenman wrote:
When you see one giant very white viking standing out from all the italiens in the crowd, that'll be me. Can't wait to finally see Bruce in Italy and at the San Siro. See you guys there. Smile

As for the new unnamed album, rumors suggest it is a more stripped down album in the vein of Tunnel Of Love and Devils And Dust. Could be a good thing, altough the live shows in big outdoor stadiums will need alot more power and energy than most songs of those two albums has to offer.

Also, Ron Aniello appearently has been credited for producing Bruce' next album. Got high hopes for the new album, has to be better than Working On A Dream anyway!
Haha, I'm very white myself!

Yep Ron Aniello actually put on his own website that he was working on an untitled Springsteen project a few months back but it mysteriously disappeared shortly afterwards.

I'm glad of the change from Brendan O'Brien personally.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:14 am

Ah yes how could I forget the timeless globalization epic Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street? haha I just think you're letting his current persona skew your perception of his earlier messages. Sure Bruce drew inspiration from hard times and stalled lives in albums like Darkness, but the themes used to go beyond specific politics and speak about a broader kind of human condition. There's something timeless and relatable about that as opposed to strictly political songs like Last to Die off Magic. Maybe I'm the exception, but news and politics just don't interest me as art at all.

Totally agree again. Politics and pressing world issues do appear a lot in his songs but they are always secondary to what he is trying to say about life in general. Politics are a product of the human condition, not the other way around.

I mean, policy is only as interesting as the politician, right?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:55 am

chickenman wrote:
When you see one giant very white viking standing out from all the italiens in the crowd, that'll be me. Can't wait to finally see Bruce in Italy and at the San Siro. See you guys there.

Look for the tall, blonde, pale italian! That would be me!
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Quote :
Yep Ron Aniello actually put on his own website
that he was working on an untitled Springsteen project a few months back
but it mysteriously disappeared shortly afterwards.

I'm glad of the change from Brendan O'Brien personally.

I think Clarence passing away was the reason it all went quite for a while. Before the Big Man left for beers with Danny in heaven there were quite a few rumors floating around, but it all stopped once the Big Man passed away, which I can understand perfectly fine obviously.

Anyway, I'm glad it's not Brendan O'Brian producing again. I think the eminant musicians that some of the E Streeters are, tend to drown a little in his wal of sound mix. I mean I liked Magic a whole lot, but WOAD was really just a bunch of left-overs from Magic, and many of the songs should have been left with that, as left-overs. Also, I think the new record can be a lot more interesting if it don't get 'the wall of sound treatment', but instead choosen band-members\instruments are allowed to shine on certain songs.

@ markbarlow and plugga:
even though we all appearently stand out, one way or the other, I think we might wanna look into meeting up some place before the show as the San Siro holds 60000 (or something like that?) for concerts....
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:38 pm

Yeah it's pretty huge haha my friend wants to drag me there to queue the day before! I might look like a zombie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 7 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next