DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+24
TGAforLIFE
colmillionaire
DeathoftheCool
The Poet Jonah
mingus
eremitapa
ThisMachineKillsFascists
TGAFAN25
Kosburn59
mirrorenigma
loazis
Christophe
Camus
Holland
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steph
MKULTRA
Harbortown
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
plugga
Labhras
JimmyB
HorribleCrowe
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

romance issues - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:28 pm

yup a date! i'm not cheap or nuthin but i ain't got no money and what you gonna do with a man with no money?! take him to germany i guess...

yeah things like the park, museum, cafe are all along the lines of what i was thinking. i just want to get as many ideas as i can so i don't get stuck.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 pm

steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:
do any of you nerds know good things to do/places to go that cost little or no money?
(and yes girls i am single Wink )

i know one place you could go that would make a girl very happy...and it's free Wink
you'd think that but there's all sorts of hidden charges and terms and conditions apply. Neutral
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Ask the girl what she likes to do or try to get some kind of sense of what she'd be interested in. Cus if I'm being honest, I would not be excited to go to a park or museum. Having said that, I guess it's all about the company so even the lamest places can still be a good time if the person you're with is fun.

Once I was on a date and thought the best part of the night was the movie. Later I realized that was because we weren't talking for two hours.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Labhras wrote:
steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:
do any of you nerds know good things to do/places to go that cost little or no money?

i know one place you could go that would make a girl very happy...and it's free Wink
you'd think that but there's all sorts of hidden charges and terms and conditions apply. Neutral
Razz what kind of girls are you hooking up with?!

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Once I was on a date and thought the best part of the night was the movie. Later I realized that was because we weren't talking for two hours.

hahaha, sounds like a really bad time!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:40 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Ask the girl what she likes to do or try to get some kind of sense of what she'd be interested in. Cus if I'm being honest, I would not be excited to go to a park or museum. Having said that, I guess it's all about the company so even the lamest places can still be a good time if the person you're with is fun.

haha ouch! the poor guy!

yeah i'm very much gonna be relying on my charm here. this might not last very long Rolling Eyes
i do think that it's the company that's the main thing. my mate was telling me how one of the best dates she had was in a car park.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:00 pm

I shouldn't have been on that date in the first place :\

Anyway- don't worry about the location too much. You'll be fine! Smile
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:11 pm

wow, no talking for two hours. That must be a record unless you were doing something else.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:14 pm

It is kinda difficult to talk when watching a film
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:15 pm

maybe it was two hours AFTER the movie
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:19 pm

plugga wrote:

Yeah, that would be one very awkward silence...
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:25 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I shouldn't have been on that date in the first place :\

Anyway- don't worry about the location too much. You'll be fine! Smile
i just don't want to take her to the same place every week. for ages i haven't been going out on dates cus of my shallow pockets, i'm just trying to find creative ways remedy that Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Camus wrote:
plugga wrote:

Yeah, that would be one very awkward silence...
Razz who would sit around awkwardly for two hours? except JimmyB, that is.

i would make up an excuse or pretend i was going to the bathroom and just leave!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:27 pm

You're mean, Steph. At least tell them why you're leaving and that they're just too boring for you to handle Razz
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:28 pm

they wouldn't deserve it
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Camus wrote:
You're mean, Steph. At least tell them why you're leaving and that they're just too boring for you to handle Razz

haha. hey, it doesn't mean they're boring necessarily, just that we are so not clicking.

don't worry, though, i'd never do that to you. Wink
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:32 pm

steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:
steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:

not the kind your thinking of Wink
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:33 pm

and of course by your i mean you're
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Labhras wrote:
steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:
steph wrote:
Labhras wrote:

not the kind your thinking of Wink

So it's not pre-teens? That's a relief
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:34 pm

steph wrote:
Camus wrote:

haha. hey, it doesn't mean they're boring necessarily, just that we are so not clicking.

don't worry, though, i'd never do that to you. Wink

Hah, I'm far too nice for you to do that to me Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:01 pm

steph wrote:
redskynight wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I guess it is better to have felt something...than to have never felt anything at all.

At this point, I would honestly rather have felt nothing at all if I knew it would hurt this much.

in time, it's just something you will look back on and think of fondly/joke about/chalk up to experience

True, true. I know it's experience for sure, but I'm now at this point where I'm torn between throwing a folding chair at him and holding him.

Harbortown wrote:
redskynight wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
The sulky music really works wonders to cheer your mood up. Trust me on this, I do it all the time.

I don't know.

What say you, John?
Well, Mackenzie, my first advice is to never take advice from JimmyB without a grain of salt.

While it sometimes feels like the only thing you can do is to sit around and feel sorry for yourself (And I mean no disrespect by that, I think you're at full liberty to feel sad), it's hardly productive. I spent pretty much the entire last spring and summer in my room crying my eyes out because I was at a loss of hope and ideas.

Heartache takes time to recover from and it's such a cliche and so hard to do, but you gotta be on your feet, keep your chin up and try to focus on the positive things in life. For me it was friends, and I also made a few changes in my life. Started eating healthier, stopped playing video games etc etc.

So yeah, to sum things up, it's fine if you feel too weak to do anything but sulk, but that's Jimmy's favorite thing to do and look where it's getting him.

Hang in there, soldier, we'll tough it out together!

Yeah, I've already been through the feeling sorry for myself period. I've been driving around places, working, going to classes, getting great grades, listening to some new music. Just trying to get back into the swing of things but with some new perspective in my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:03 pm

I also met someone new at a game I was covering yesterday, so. Either I am rebounding hardcore or am genuinely interested, but he's nice. And I am proceeding with caution. Extreme caution.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:10 pm

good for you, Mac! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks, steph! I think I really needed to meet someone in order to start getting over the idiot because he is seriously denying anything happened and I don't want to deal with that.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:14 pm

well, then, you definitely sidestepped a landmine with that guy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Oy, seriously. That was just a shitshow waiting to happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next