DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+24
TGAforLIFE
colmillionaire
DeathoftheCool
The Poet Jonah
mingus
eremitapa
ThisMachineKillsFascists
TGAFAN25
Kosburn59
mirrorenigma
loazis
Christophe
Camus
Holland
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steph
MKULTRA
Harbortown
NeverTrustAJunkie
Debonair
plugga
Labhras
JimmyB
HorribleCrowe
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

romance issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 am

JimmyB wrote:
I guess it is better to have felt something...than to have never felt anything at all.

Bret Michaels sang about this very subject.

Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:57 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I guess it is better to have felt something...than to have never felt anything at all.

Oddly enough, I was thinking of a part of Harry Potter when I posted that..
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:05 am

Harbortown wrote:
Debonair wrote:
there's a high probability he would of done it to you

Quote :
he would of done it to you

Quote :
would of done it

Quote :
would of

romance issues - Page 2 NbcNP

ahhaahah. i didn't want to point it out...but yeah, Deb, you just got schooled in your own language by someone who doesn't speak English as their mother tongue. Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:07 am

redskynight wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

At this point, I would honestly rather have felt nothing at all if I knew it would hurt this much.

in time, it's just something you will look back on and think of fondly/joke about/chalk up to experience
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

yessss Razz awesome
i love this song/video

and umm does CC have a leopard print guitar? SWEET
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:38 am

Fallen Angel is my 2nd favorite Poison song (to I Won't Forget You) Very Happy

Glam metal 4 lyfe ZOMG
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:41 am

hahaha. i have to admit, 80s music was pretty much my first love.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 am

I think my whiny "Wah I don't have any dates" song back then was "I Remember You" by Skid Row. Sebastian's voice was awesome. He's still pretty decent live.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:11 am

redskynight wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
The sulky music really works wonders to cheer your mood up. Trust me on this, I do it all the time.

I don't know.

What say you, John?
Well, Mackenzie, my first advice is to never take advice from JimmyB without a grain of salt.

While it sometimes feels like the only thing you can do is to sit around and feel sorry for yourself (And I mean no disrespect by that, I think you're at full liberty to feel sad), it's hardly productive. I spent pretty much the entire last spring and summer in my room crying my eyes out because I was at a loss of hope and ideas.

Heartache takes time to recover from and it's such a cliche and so hard to do, but you gotta be on your feet, keep your chin up and try to focus on the positive things in life. For me it was friends, and I also made a few changes in my life. Started eating healthier, stopped playing video games etc etc.

So yeah, to sum things up, it's fine if you feel too weak to do anything but sulk, but that's Jimmy's favorite thing to do and look where it's getting him.

Hang in there, soldier, we'll tough it out together!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:09 am

Actually, to go against what I just said about burying your head in sulky music, sometimes focusing on things that have nothing to do with romance helps. I forget if I've said this here before but the HBO series "Generation Kill" helped me get through the worst heartbreak of my life. First of all, I don't normally watch military dramas so everything was fascinating because it was new subject matter to me. Second of all, there was never any romantic storyline (unlike almost every other show on TV) so it was nice to take a break from the topic altogether!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:22 am

haha! that's probably good advice, not to watch a bunch of sad romantic shit! when i got my heart broken (if that is even a strong enough word for it), i sat on the couch zoning out watching TV about 18 hours out of the day, including...Trista and Ryan's wedding special! from The Bachelor! haha. that is how pathetic i was...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:28 am

Titanic did my head in as did Romeo & Juliet w/ Leo & Claire. I was all "Why doesn't anyone love me like THEY loved each other?!"

Uh because, younger Lorraine, those are movies and ARE NOT ANYTHING LIKE REAL LIFE. *kicks younger self*
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:29 am

And PS younger Lorraine, you're not going to find the man of your dreams at $2 Beer Night at a crappy club.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:43 am

steph wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

yessss Razz awesome
i love this song/video

and umm does CC have a leopard print guitar? SWEET

I LOVE THESE SONGS! Poison is the best 80s hair band! I love you
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:04 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Titanic did my head in as did Romeo & Juliet w/ Leo & Claire. I was all "Why doesn't anyone love me like THEY loved each other?!"

Uh because, younger Lorraine, those are movies and ARE NOT ANYTHING LIKE REAL LIFE. *kicks younger self*

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
And PS younger Lorraine, you're not going to find the man of your dreams at $2 Beer Night at a crappy club.
Razz so true, so true
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:03 am

I wasn't the first to think I would and I am sure I wasn't the last. They should just name every college bar "Hook Up or Get Out." Their byline would say: "If you are actually here to dance, throw a party in your living room and save yourself the cover charge."
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:08 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I wasn't the first to think I would and I am sure I wasn't the last. They should just name every college bar "Hook Up or Get Out." Their byline would say: "If you are actually here to dance, throw a party in your living room and save yourself the cover charge."

preach on, girlfriend
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:26 pm

do any of you nerds know good things to do/places to go that cost little or no money?
(and yes girls i am single Wink )
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:42 pm

Coffee shops are good, bowling, movies, going to the park. Those are what I would do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:32 pm

lol! did Jimmy just give some dating tips? lawl.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:53 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
lol! did Jimmy just give some dating tips? lawl.

romance issues - Page 2 Dog-slap-funny-gifs-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-72
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:55 pm

That dog punching the man never gets old!!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Holland wrote:
That dog punching the man never gets old!!

ikr.
makes it perfectly acceptable to laugh alone in front of my computer.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Labhras wrote:
do any of you nerds know good things to do/places to go that cost little or no money?

For a date or just in general? Though you're in romance issues so I assume it's a date.

The answer is: no. At least not in Dublin. Surely there's some type of website that offers this information. Otherwise, perhaps there's some cheap shows by local bands. Plus there's always a home date- cooking for your ladyfriend or movie-renting, etc.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Labhras wrote:

i know one place you could go that would make a girl very happy...and it's free Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next