DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

other covers

Go down 
+29
rumham
Folke
HolyBreakOfDay
Anya_TGA
33RPMHero
Grant Michael
TheTrevor
thomas94
TGAFAN25
Jerseyrain
plugga
loazis
Christophe
Camus
The Angry Johnny Revue
TheMagnificentDreamer
simo
Kosburn59
TGAforLIFE
NeverTrustAJunkie
Holland
JJW319
IrishNameAndAnInjury
ThisMachineKillsFascists
DeathoftheCool
Harbortown
steph
MKULTRA
JimmyB
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

other covers - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:02 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
MattL wrote:
And I love your cover of Maggie May, especially where you went in to Go Tell Everybody at the end. That was a really cool idea and it turned out great! Clap

Okay, I'm going to be completely honest and say I have no idea how that happened.

It was 3:30 in the morning. I had to go check the recording to see what you meant. I'm completely confused at what happened. Shocked Thanks, though!

And thanks ThisMachineKillsFascists!

Are you kidding me?! It was a happy accident then, because it worked out brilliantly! The whole "I was a man of great sympathy when I loved you, baby, but tonight all my sympathy is gone" was like what Rod Stewart's character should have said when he left Maggie after she used him like that. You should leave it just how it is, because it totally works! Very Happy

Thanks Razz

I'm trying my best to rack my brain over what happened last night... but I'm way tired. Way more tired than I normally am when I'm up until ridiculous hours.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:06 pm

MattL wrote:
MattL wrote:
And I love your cover of Maggie May, especially where you went in to Go Tell Everybody at the end. That was a really cool idea and it turned out great! Clap

Okay, I'm going to be completely honest and say I have no idea how that happened.

It was 3:30 in the morning. I had to go check the recording to see what you meant. I'm completely confused at what happened. Shocked Thanks, though!

And thanks ThisMachineKillsFascists!

Are you kidding me?! It was a happy accident then, because it worked out brilliantly! The whole "I was a man of great sympathy when I loved you, baby, but tonight all my sympathy is gone" was like what Rod Stewart's character should have said when he left Maggie after she used him like that. You should leave it just how it is, because it totally works! Very Happy

Thanks Razz

I'm trying my best to rack my brain over what happened last night... but I'm way tired. Way more tired than I normally am when I'm up until ridiculous hours.

Haha, you need to take a nap! Or drink a bunch of caffeine. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Honestly, I'd rather just go back to bed... but I have to go out to my volunteer work early today...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:14 pm

MattL wrote:
Honestly, I'd rather just go back to bed... but I have to go out to my volunteer work early today...

Caffeine it is then! Razz

Don't wrack your brain too much about the recording though, because it ended up brilliant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:15 pm

MattL wrote:

Don't wrack your brain too much about the recording though, because it ended up brilliant.

Personally I find faults in everything I do... it's not that I think Go Tell Everybody is bad for being in it... I'm just really, really confused at how it got there!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:17 pm

MattL wrote:
MattL wrote:

Personally I find faults in everything I do... it's not that I think Go Tell Everybody is bad for being in it... I'm just really, really confused at how it got there!

Sigh...I find faults in everything I do too, so I get that.

It is a mystery how the songs ended up together. Maybe you were sleep-recording! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 pm

MattL wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
MattL wrote:
I wish my recording equipment were better, but here goes nothing

I like it! You're voice is fantastic.

Thanks! Hug

Are you Letters Attached?

Because if so, you have the sweetest voice I think I've ever heard. Shocked

Yep, that's me! Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:53 am

I made a little practice cover of JohnnyC/JackStreetcar's "My Dearest Elizabeth". I'm going to keep polishing it until I get it down really well, but here's what I have so far: My Dearest Elizabeth
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:49 pm

DId a cover of Chuck Ragan's Symmetry to give myself some harmonica practise!! http://soundcloud.com/hollsteady/symmetry-shaun-holland
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:14 pm

can you just write something of your own orrrr..?
because that is seriously brilliant and I rarely appreciate covers, but that is just brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:19 pm

My own stuff is coming i can assure you. Thanks for listening, i have not forgotten that you were one of the first people to listen to my covers and encourage me to do more Smile
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 pm

it's nothing, really, I am just doing it because I really like your covers!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:49 am

So, it still needs some work, but it's a lot better than it was last week. I recorded it for my (bought this 4 years ago) "Guitar Anniversary." haha

My Led Zeppelin Bron-Yr-Aur cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3nVHmdvtU&feature=plcp

Let me know what ya think.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:58 am

Matt L wrote:
I made a little practice cover of JohnnyC/JackStreetcar's "My Dearest Elizabeth". I'm going to keep polishing it until I get it down really well, but here's what I have so far: My Dearest Elizabeth

Hey, you did a good job there Matt! I wish I could sing... Sad
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:25 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
So, it still needs some work, but it's a lot better than it was last week. I recorded it for my (bought this 4 years ago) "Guitar Anniversary." haha

My Led Zeppelin Bron-Yr-Aur cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3nVHmdvtU&feature=plcp

Let me know what ya think.

You did a great job! This is such a beautiful song and you played it really well. Smile

And happy guitariversary! Razz (Sorry, that was beyond corny!)
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Heres my cover of Two Cow Garage's 'Jackson Dont You Worry' I hope you guys like it. If you haven't heard of them theyre a good band, clearly influenced by Springsteen if you know this song but also connected with a lot of our collective favourite artists such as Dave Hause, Chuck Ragan, LJG. e.g they supported Lucero recently.

http://soundcloud.com/alex-magrath/jackson-dont-you-worry-two-cow
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:27 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151433185469778 I felt creative, and did a cover of "Eve of Destruction"
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:12 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151390775874778 Hey There Deliah
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150650853469778 Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 am

link says content is not available...
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:41 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
link says content is not available...
Forgot to set it to public...should be good to go now.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:41 am

I just did a Bad Brains cover: http://paperceilings.bandcamp.com/track/banned-in-d-c-bad-brains
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:50 pm

JimmyB wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150650853469778 Darkness On The Edge Of Town

just listened to both of them. They are pretty good, you've got a memorbable voice...Darkness on the edge of town is my favourite though Wink ..
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:21 pm

thomas94 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

just listened to both of them. They are pretty good, you've got a memorbable voice...Darkness on the edge of town is my favourite though Wink ..
Thank you. I did Darkness on the edge of Town again last night, I will link it when I find it.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Some of you listened to my original stuff when I posted it a while back, and I really appreciate that. Anyway, here's some Ramones covers I did for fun over the weekend.

http://paperceilings.bandcamp.com/album/sitting-in-my-room-an-unnecessary-tribute-to-the-ramones
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:45 am

Hey all, I did a cover of New Drink For The Old Drunk by Crooked Fingers and recently covered by We Are Augustines, check it out : http://soundcloud.com/hollsteady/shaun-holland-new-drink-for
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: other covers   other covers - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

other covers
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next