DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

romance issues

Go down 
+35
TGAFAN25
HorribleCrowe
Kosburn59
Keeb631
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Daire
Camus
waltzingseñora
DeathoftheCool
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Perry
Christophe
StopAndSlideToTheRight
JukeboxJuliet
Álvaro
theBasemen
Hirti
steph
Jay
NeverTrustAJunkie
Holland
I am Incinerator
mingus
steady now steady now
plugga
El Jefe
Philo
Labhras
Debonair
loazis
MKULTRA
Shrewsbury_Stars
acousticbandit
Harbortown
JimmyB
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

romance issues - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:17 am

JimmyB wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
So overall, I guess it was a good weekend.

Way to stay positive! Very Happy
Brand new me.
cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:19 am

steph wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
So overall, I guess it was a good weekend.

Way to stay positive! Very Happy
Brand new me.
cheers

Good, good. Now keep it up Jimmy!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Well, That Girl does not want to date till after College...Wish she would have told me before I asked her for the first date.....
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:49 pm

even Nerd girls do not want me...no girl wants me. Hooray for forever alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:49 pm

See the above posts? See how much we liked positive Jimmy? Stop being depressing.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Don't look at it like that, dude.

You had the balls to ask her out and you went on a first date, that's something everyone should have in their baggage. It might not be the outcome you were hoping for but it's something you will learn from.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Don't look at it like that, dude.

You had the balls to ask her out and you went on a first date, that's something everyone should have in their baggage. It might not be the outcome you were hoping for but it's something you will learn from.

John makes a great point. Asking people is difficult - it absolutely terrifies me - but it's a good start
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 pm

JimmyB wrote:
don't get so emotionally invested in the outcome of a first date. then you'll do better on first dates. this will lead to second dates.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Labhras wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
don't get so emotionally invested in the outcome of a first date. then you'll do better on first dates. this will lead to second dates.

I have asked all types of Girls, Preppy, Normal, Heck I even asked a Emo girl out....all said no. I guess I have a problem with every Girl wanting to be friends...and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:22 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Labhras wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

I have asked all types of Girls, Preppy, Normal, Heck I even asked a Emo girl out....all said no. I guess I have a problem with every Girl wanting to be friends...and nothing else.

Those weren't the right girls for you. I know from past posts that you are at least a fairly religious guy, so let me ask you a question. Do you think God has a plan for your life? I think He does. Even if you don't have a lot of faith in yourself at the moment, have faith that God has a plan for you and just live your life the best possible way that you can. There is a girl out there for you, and when the time is right, you'll meet her. Until then, dont waste your days being depressed about being alone. It's not all that bad!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:25 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Labhras wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Those weren't the right girls for you. I know from past posts that you are at least a fairly religious guy, so let me ask you a question. Do you think God has a plan for your life? I think He does. Even if you don't have a lot of faith in yourself at the moment, have faith that God has a plan for you and just live your life the best possible way that you can. There is a girl out there for you, and when the time is right, you'll meet her. Until then, dont waste your days being depressed about being alone. It's not all that bad!
It's just...I feel like every time I have something good, God takes it away and replaces it with more trials for me.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:33 pm

God wouldn't take anything good away from you unless He had a reason to do it. He wants you to be happy, alone or with someone else, just like we all do. A lot of times when we think we have lost something, it's actually a good thing because you gain something so much better. It could be knowledge, faith, a new/better relationship, courage, or a number of other things. Everything happens for a reason, Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Jimmy, there are so many good reasons to stay single - it's so much cheaper and you can avoid all the hassle with permanently trying to make someone else happy and can concentrate on your own needs

Shannon, you have an incredible way of talking in way that makes sense to Jimmy - you must be a brilliant teacher Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Camus wrote:
Jimmy, there are so many good reasons to stay single - it's so much cheaper and you can avoid all the hassle with permanently trying to make someone else happy and can concentrate on your own needs

Shannon, you have an incredible way of talking in way that makes sense to Jimmy - you must be a brilliant teacher Smile

Wow, thank you so much, Mike! That really means a lot. I am always the one people come to for advice or just to talk, so I guess I've had a little practice, haha. I just hate seeing people so sad and down on themselves because I have been there myself more than once. Jimmy seems like a nice guy and nice people just don't deserve to be that depressed or feel bad about themselves. I hope he realizes that he deserves better.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:00 am

JimmyB wrote:
I feel like every time I have something good, God takes it away and replaces it with more trials for me.
He should take away all your short sleeve button ups and replace them with more long sleeve button ups.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:04 am

John, I just laughed so hard I snorted! I was expecting some serious piece of advice on life (silly me, right?), and instead, more about shirts. Funny stuff, dude! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:08 am

Well he's been rejecting all of my life advice so I'm moving on to fashion advice.

I didn't really start landing girls until I lost a bunch of weight, learned how to dress and got myself a nice bunch of confidence, so I'm thinking I might as well project at least some of what I learned to him!
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:37 am

Well, Guess I have hope then...I need to lose a ton of weight as well. And hopefully bury and hide the Negative side of me forever.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:40 am

Now we're talkin'.

Of course there's hope for you, you just gotta realize it.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:42 am

Harbortown wrote:
Now we're talkin'.

Of course there's hope for you, you just gotta realize it.

cheers Wise words from Harbortown. cheers
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:12 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
See the above posts? See how much we liked positive Jimmy? Stop being depressing.

fuck the haters! fake it til you make it.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:15 am

Harbortown wrote:
Well he's been rejecting all of my life advice so I'm moving on to fashion advice.

I didn't really start landing girls until I lost a bunch of weight, learned how to dress and got myself a nice bunch of confidence, so I'm thinking I might as well project at least some of what I learned to him!

also wise words! honestly it astounds me the confidnece guys must have ask girls out, i'm so self-unconfident, i can't imagine having the pressure to ask a girl out! so give yourself a few points every time you do!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:56 am

JimmyB wrote:
Well, Guess I have hope then...I need to lose a ton of weight as well. And hopefully bury and hide the Negative side of me forever.
just don't go overboard on the losing weight thing. slippery slope and all that. but exercising regularly can make you feel really good about yourself. not just in terms of how you look but how you feel.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:58 am

In the end, I think girls just want a guy that's fun to be around. Would you say you're fun to be around? Would you hang out with you? These are questions we all have to ask ourselves. I swear looks/weight isn't the be all end all of why a person's single so I agree with not being completely obsessed with the weight issue. Recently I saw a good looking guy with a really overweight girl at a show and he couldn't keep his hands off her. Plenty of overweight guys get girlfriends too. blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:12 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
In the end, I think girls just want a guy that's fun to be around. Would you say you're fun to be around? Would you hang out with you? These are questions we all have to ask ourselves. I swear looks/weight isn't the be all end all of why a person's single so I agree with not being completely obsessed with the weight issue. Recently I saw a good looking guy with a really overweight girl at a show and he couldn't keep his hands off her. Plenty of overweight guys get girlfriends too. blah blah blah.

i agree, but doesn't it seem like it's more often the girl with the overweight guy or less attractive than her guy, than vice versa? I'm just saying, that's what i've always seen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romance issues   romance issues - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

romance issues
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next