DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14

Go down 
+22
Shrewsbury_Stars
Phil Rockabill
vamike
Blue_Collar_Man
bt211
steffuhnee
Debonair
myfuneralparty
cockypessimist
Don Juan
efofex
musicalprince
CluckyB
TGAFAN25
plugga
enola
madsmom
ral
JJW319
Harbortown
LuceroDiehard
steady now steady now
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Shaved. Now I gotta figure out an outfit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:17 am

hope you guys are having a good time. I wish I was there.

here's a pic from the show:
http://yfrog.com/mf4l6zjj
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:00 am

Alright, two cents, I just got back from Swingers after the show. I'm full of Arnold Palmer and feelin' good.

Horrible Crowes sounded awesome. They filmed it, dudes. Same setlist as the NYC show, I believe (I want to note that on the setlist, or at least Alex R's, Cherry Blossoms was written as "Cherry Popin (sic) Blossoms" and Teenage Dream was "Fuck Katy Perry in the butt" Hilarious.). I was surprised at the amount of people who dressed up to the nines though.

BUT, let me just say something: so many fan girls. Brian taking off his hat does not call for banshee shrieking. The crowd just left me feeling so jaded (and I was probably one of the youngest there). I don't know, I'm gonna be honest here: due to time conflicts, etc, I haven't seen Gaslight live since 2008, before 59 Sound was released (SAD, I know.) and I remember the crowds being so different; I noticed that no one, generally, really sang along (there were, of course, some people singing along) and there honestly wasn't much movement (could attribute it to the kind of music being played, but dance a little or something! Don't just stand there with your camera phone taking pictures, IT'S BEING FILMED!). I mean, I went to Brian's solo show here last year, and I recall at least some movement, camaraderie, good times, etc. And so many overly tanned woo girls (and their similar moms) with their frat bro boyfriends. And t-shirts were ludicrously expensive. Finally, some people clearly thought they were too cool to sing along to Teenage Dream. It's my jam. AAAAAND, while I waited patiently to ask Alex for the setlist, some girl just grabbed his leg and pointed to the setlist, like, demanded it. Damn, Africa.

TL;DR crowd: They sounded great, crowd was unexpected and lacking; I'm glad I had endless Arnold Palmers at the end of the night.
Back to top Go down
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:03 am

I seriously didn’t even pay attention to the crowd, my friend and I were too busy singing out hearts out!
Ahhh, can’t wait until tomorrow!
I’M WAY TOO HAPPY TO GO TO SLEEP.
Back to top Go down
Blue_Collar_Man
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Blue_Collar_Man

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:19 am

The show was taped they announced.
Anyone has info on this ?
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:50 am

Blue_Collar_Man wrote:
The show was taped they announced.

who, where?
Back to top Go down
Blue_Collar_Man
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Blue_Collar_Man

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:58 am

somebody posted this on this fine group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/106142239461029/

anyone who was at the show maybe has more info

Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Blue_Collar_Man wrote:

Yeah, looks like a nice group. Request sent. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Where are the YouTube clips people?
Back to top Go down
myfuneralparty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myfuneralparty

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Filming was not allowed at the show. Though I did see at least one person filming on his camera.

However... what's the policy about posting live audio recordings on this board? I'm new here.
Back to top Go down
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Um, sir, there were many people filming. I saw at least 3, and yes last night's horrible crowes show was being recorded for a live dvd!? or somethign near that? Brian said it himself!
and shoot I had my camera. lol. Smile
but i didn’t record. :3
Back to top Go down
myfuneralparty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
myfuneralparty

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Oh, I'm sure people were. They just said it wasn't allowed at the door. Haven't been to the Troub in years, I didn't remember how strict they were, so I didn't want to risk getting kicked out. Especially at this show.

I did happen to get audio of most of the show. I just want to know if there are any rules about posting that here. Don't want to do wrong by this board or more importantly, the band. Anyone know? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:45 pm

No its not, people link YouTube videos all the time, ripps of audio and stuff like that, leaks though are another storry
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:11 pm

efofex wrote:
I noticed that no one, generally, really sang along (there were, of course, some people singing along) and there honestly wasn't much movement (could attribute it to the kind of music being played, but dance a little or something! Don't just stand there with your camera phone taking pictures, IT'S BEING FILMED!).
I did all three. COME AT ME, BRAH.
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Harbortown wrote:
efofex wrote:
I noticed that no one, generally, really sang along (there were, of course, some people singing along) and there honestly wasn't much movement (could attribute it to the kind of music being played, but dance a little or something! Don't just stand there with your camera phone taking pictures, IT'S BEING FILMED!).

I SAID GENERALLY, DUDE. THE WONDERS OF SYNTAX AND DICTION. Nah, I'm kidding. No harm meant.

But I commend you. The people around me were laaaaame. And I would've danced way more if one of the cameramen weren't right next to me.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:01 pm

efofex wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
efofex wrote:

I SAID GENERALLY, DUDE. THE WONDERS OF SYNTAX AND DICTION. Nah, I'm kidding. No harm meant.

But I commend you. The people around me were laaaaame. And I would've danced way more if one of the cameramen weren't right next to me.
Where exactly were you? What did you look like?

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:12 pm

The crowd in NYC was a mix of chatty, sing-a-long, dance-y, and stiff as a board. At least they weren't as chatty as Brian's solo show at the Bowery. I was so mad that night that they wouldn't hush up!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Phil Rockabill wrote:
Blue_Collar_Man wrote:

Yeah, looks like a nice group. Request sent. Like a Star @ heaven

The group is great! Might take a while though to add all requests since there are some problems to add people via phone. So be patient it's worth it Smile
And as soon as I get any info about the recording I will for sure post it here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:41 pm

Video of Blood Loss
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:35 am

Found this so-so quality vid of the Teenage Dream cover from the Troubadour, hopefully no one else has posted yet, if so - my apologies!

Back to top Go down
Atlantis
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:38 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
The crowd in NYC was a mix of chatty, sing-a-long, dance-y, and stiff as a board. At least they weren't as chatty as Brian's solo show at the Bowery. I was so mad that night that they wouldn't hush up!

I was at that show too.. It was ridiculous how much people were talking!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Quote :
I was at that show too.. It was ridiculous how much people were talking!

Yeah I was there, and have no clue what you guys are talking about, maybe you were just in a bad area near people who were talking.

I heard nothing other than people (including myself) singing which ,come on, its a concert your suppose to sing, have fun, and show your interested to the band, especially if its their first show so they know they don't suck.
I know I'm not alone on this, but stay home and listen to the CDs or the sound board audios of the band live if you don't want to sing and have fun- if this isn't what your talking about than sorry

If your talking about the banter people were having with Brian(I was one of those people) there was no problem in my opinion with that either, people asked him questions, and he was laughing, the crowd was laughing ect. He created that awesome no refunds song because I asked him to. Ad I know other people who had a really great time who agreed the crowd wasn't to bad

Maybe stiff or not that energetic but I wouldn't say talkative.

If none of this is what your talking about than please elaborate because I just don't understand, I will agree the people who yelled "Bruce" or "jersey" or the worst "play the next song" were annoying
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Debonair, I think I was right behind you. We were pretty close to the stage, and no, the people up front were not the problem. Nobody cares if people sing, or if they talk to Brian between songs. It was the obnoxious comments from the back of the audience during Brian's stories that were the problem. There is no need for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14   The Horrible Crowes  at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horrible Crowes at Troubadour, LA - Sep 14
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3