DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fest 10

Go down 
+13
fullcollapse
Better Sense
loazis
e7c
CluckyB
kieran
JoshRaymond
simo
Mechamunky
xstevenbx
Holland
rivercities
colmillionaire
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:58 pm

yeah thats a bummer, they should have enough time to find another venue
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:27 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:

hell yeah! i hope your ready to share the bed with me Josh Razz

As the party who is providing Josh with a ride from Chicago to FL, I demand pictures. No video; I'll respect that boundary.

When do the bro tats happen? No way I'm going to be able to pull that off right before or during, as I'm not up for taking new ink into a pit nor am I willing to stand back like a grandma! Love the idea, however, but I have yet to see any designs! Or, uh, funds, but I'm working on that.

Reserved the hotel today for my husband and I, my friend, and our two friends who are flying down. Americas Best Value Inn apparently, according to the lady at the front desk, has the biggest pool in Gainesville. This might get interesting. All I have to do is strut my fat ass out there in a bathing suit and I will instantly have the pool ALL to myself, no doubt!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:56 am

so i will for sure be able to ride down with you?? god damn right we will get matching fest tattoos
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:43 pm

the best time to get any sort of ink would be Monday morning, hopefully all us will still have some sort of money left over.

Josh, Derek fulmer (Shield Your Eyes) and I decided we are gonna try to get the outline of Florida with a dot where Gainesville is. Similar to the Texas tattoo that Frank Turner and Casey Lee have.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:32 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
the best time to get any sort of ink would be Monday morning, hopefully all us will still have some sort of money left over.

Josh, Derek fulmer (Shield Your Eyes) and I decided we are gonna try to get the outline of Florida with a dot where Gainesville is. Similar to the Texas tattoo that Frank Turner and Casey Lee have.

Whats in Texas? The site of ACL?

*isn't much for tatoos himself but the rest of yinz can have fun with that* Razz
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:37 pm

CluckyB wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

*isn't much for tatoos himself but the rest of yinz can have fun with that* Razz

The story is that few years ago Fake Problems and Frank Turner were both playing SXSW in Texas...Casey and Frank got shit faced together and decided to get Texas tattoos together.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:07 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

The story is that few years ago Fake Problems and Frank Turner were both playing SXSW in Texas...Casey and Frank got shit faced together and decided to get Texas tattoos together.

Thats actually pretty awesome. I'm fairly sure "Get drunk with Frank Turner" would probably be the most likely scenario for me to wind up with a Tattoo Smile
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:49 am

Haha your gonna get a tat
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:12 am

One word to all you festers: JEALOUS!
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:10 pm

kieran wrote:

It's not too late. Join Us!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 5:33 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
so i will for sure be able to ride down with you?? god damn right we will get matching fest tattoos

Already told you, but I am so stoked for this road trip!

As I've been saying, come Monday, if I've had enough of a life changing time at Fest with all you bros, I'll gladly get this tattoo! I am beyond excited for this.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:34 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
kieran wrote:

It's not too late. Join Us!

Unfortunly I cant justify spending nearly a grand on everything one day though!
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:54 am

new bands got added

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists (really really stoked for this)
Franz Nicolay (same feeling as above)
Bangers
The Holy Mess
Junior Battles
Tubers
Smoke or Fire
Defiance Ohio
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:47 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
new bands got added

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists (really really stoked for this)
Franz Nicolay (same feeling as above)
Bangers
The Holy Mess
Junior Battles
Tubers
Smoke or Fire
Defiance Ohio

oh god, that Fest tattoo is looking more and more likely every day.
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:20 am

Fest 10 - Page 4 270913946_efa38ec3d8
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:58 pm

passes are apparently selling like wildfire! don't sleep and miss out on the early turd special.

armalite also just got added, (I think?) stoked to see them again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:38 am

Yeah, apparently with 1131 sold by May 17th, passes were officially halfway to selling out!

Fest 10 - Page 4 13045210
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:24 pm

everyone here have there tickets? they are down to less than a 1000 before selling out, shits crazy
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Yup yup. Still working on those plane tickets, but everything else is squared away.

So pumped for this. Not as pumped as I am for The Horrible Crowes, but still 9/10 on the pumped scale.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Man, this is just going to be insane.

Just realized that Riot Fest is at the beginning of the month. I'm going to die a fantastic death.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:27 am

Just got my Fest tix! This is going to be ridiculous. Where are you people staying? They still have room at the Paramount Plaza for a reasonable price with the Fest package, but it's 30 blocks or so away. The Hampton Inn is right in the center of everything but it'll set you back about $760. Hell no. The Days Inn is pretty cheap, and a little closer, but it's the Days Inn. I'm so not punk when it comes to hotel rooms.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:38 am

My group has 5 of us total and the only place that would take 5 to a room is America's Best Value Inn, literally right across the street from Days Inn. We have it for Thursday night with checkout on Monday morning, and the total worked out so that we each only pay $65 total. That's less than $20 per person per night. Can't argue with that.

It's nothing fancy, but give me a place where I can bathe and sleep, and I'm happy. The cheaper the better. ABVI apparently boasts the biggest outdoor pool in the city... that will be interesting.

ABVI and Days Inn are almost exactly one mile south of everything. You could walk it, but with what I've read about the abundance of parking in a parking garage down there, we'll be driving in. It's going to be hot and nasty, we'll probably all buy things we don't want to sacrifice to the pit gods during shows, and at least one of my friends is going to be pretty trashed every night and carrying him a mile back to the hotel isn't my idea of a great time.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:35 pm

The car ride is going to rule
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:26 pm

the hotel room is going to rule
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:09 pm

All sold out now unless they can find more venues...

which honestly I kinda hope not. Wouldn't that just mean fewer bands per venue and more people trying to get into the venues for the good shows? You snooze you lose. Keep it at 2250
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fest 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fest 10
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next