DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fest 10

Go down 
+13
fullcollapse
Better Sense
loazis
e7c
CluckyB
kieran
JoshRaymond
simo
Mechamunky
xstevenbx
Holland
rivercities
colmillionaire
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Better Sense
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Better Sense

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:11 pm

The main thing which I think points to a Latterman reunion is the inclusion of Rvivr, who are one of the only (if not THE only) bands to play who don't match the alumni criteria for Fest 10.
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:53 pm

ticket with hotel options on sale

https://www.noidearecords.com/fest/
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Are those room rates per person or per room? And i assume even if its a double you can still fit four to a room?

*is totally down with splitting a holiday inn room with dssers*

I went ahead and booked a double in the holiday inn. At 169 a room for three nights across four people plus taxes on the room and stuff it'll be around 130 a person. PM me here if your / know someone who might be interested.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 4:11 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
Also if anyone is coming down from Chicago and want to carpool let me know

We might be up for this. Fest has been a topic of discussion between myself and my husband and 2 of our friends. But right now, we literally have next to no money (I wish I was exaggerating; we're absolutely screwed at this time) but we're seeing what we can do about planning for this. Cost splitting will be key. Even if we need multiple vehicles, we could potentially all share one or two rooms.

Kind of a pipe dream right now but we're really hoping to make it work.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Apparently holiday inn rooms are sold out now. So if you want a spot in one let me know ASAP. I'd rather sell them to other DSSers, but also just want to find people to fill 'em sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:59 pm

I looked at the Holiday Inn thing, but personally, that's just WAY too much to pay for the prospect of not being able to sleep due to partying around me, and being babysat by security guards hired for the event. That's completely crappy; I'm long out of living on campus at college! ha.

I also noticed that the required wristbands (to be in the hotel after a certain time) are limited to 4 per room. I'll be one of 5 people. Has anyone done this before (did they offer this in years last)? Does it suck as much as it sounds? I'd really hope not. I started considering it but I cringed as I read more and more. Personal accounts would be appreciated for future reference! haha. I'd go for it another time if it's worth it.

Found a place where we'll each pay about $64 total for the 4 nights. $64 for 4 nights of lodging is not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:11 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
I looked at the Holiday Inn thing, but personally, that's just WAY too much to pay for the prospect of not being able to sleep due to partying around me, and being babysat by security guards hired for the event. That's completely crappy; I'm long out of living on campus at college! ha.

I also noticed that the required wristbands (to be in the hotel after a certain time) are limited to 4 per room. I'll be one of 5 people. Has anyone done this before (did they offer this in years last)? Does it suck as much as it sounds? I'd really hope not. I started considering it but I cringed as I read more and more. Personal accounts would be appreciated for future reference! haha. I'd go for it another time if it's worth it.

Found a place where we'll each pay about $64 total for the 4 nights. $64 for 4 nights of lodging is not bad at all.

All the reports I read said holiday inn was the place to be. I guess it depends what you're looking for. Do you want to keep the party going all night and be in the center of the action or use your nights to rest up for the rest of the day. My personal thought is "Might as well give the whole partying it up thing a shot as it goes totally against my normal personality" Razz
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:25 pm

CluckyB wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

All the reports I read said holiday inn was the place to be. I guess it depends what you're looking for. Do you want to keep the party going all night and be in the center of the action or use your nights to rest up for the rest of the day. My personal thought is "Might as well give the whole partying it up thing a shot as it goes totally against my normal personality" Razz

Yeah, that just seems like so against my personality that I'd be pissed and I'd would all be ruined. 4 of the 5 of us aren't partiers in the normal sense anyway, and my other friend seems to go with whatever. If I can get this place booked I'll be less than 2 miles down the road. Sounds good to me. We're all broke so this'll do.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Clucky, I am down if there is any room left. Missed the opportunity for the hotel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Wanna be a part of the party!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:16 am

With colmillionaire and a couple of guys off the fest boards all my spots are filled. Sorry if anyone else was looking for a holiday inn room.

We totally need to try and have a DSS meetup at some point. Also recruit other gaslight fans to join us here =D . People who have fested before... when does musically normally start / stop each day? I donno if it would be better to just all try and catch someone I'd guess most of us like such as HWM or the Bouncing Souls or pick some time we're not missing any bands and party up then.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:42 am

CluckyB wrote:
With colmillionaire and a couple of guys off the fest boards all my spots are filled. Sorry if anyone else was looking for a holiday inn room.

We totally need to try and have a DSS meetup at some point. Also recruit other gaslight fans to join us here =D . People who have fested before... when does musically normally start / stop each day? I donno if it would be better to just all try and catch someone I'd guess most of us like such as HWM or the Bouncing Souls or pick some time we're not missing any bands and party up then.

I read that things start later/stop earlier on the last day. Just food for thought. Maybe before or after bands play on Sunday?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Friday the music doesn't start till the evening so after everyone gets tickets we should party. What time does everyone plan on getting there on Friday?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Not sure whether to fly in on thursday or friday, what have people done in the past?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Guess it depends on whether or not you want to go to the pre fest shows, those mostly happen in Tampa
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:40 pm

I'm planning on getting in Friday. Flight leaves Seattle 10PM Thrusday, sleep on the plane, get into Gainseville early Friday afternoon, fly out sometime Monday and only wind up needing two days vacation time for the whole experience =D
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:57 pm

CluckyB wrote:
I'm planning on getting in Friday. Flight leaves Seattle 10PM Thrusday, sleep on the plane, get into Gainseville early Friday afternoon, fly out sometime Monday and only wind up needing two days vacation time for the whole experience =D

Same thing except I flying out from San Jose....do you have a layover?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Rad so it's sounding like we will some time Friday before the music starts to hang, we could drink in one of our hotel rooms
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:02 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Well I don't have the plane tickets yet (ran out of money of fest tickets + hotel room... really hoping once I get the money in June the flight won't have magically sold out), but yeah -- the flight I want to take goes through Charlotte. If your flying US Airways might be the same second flight Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:55 pm

CluckyB wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

Well I don't have the plane tickets yet (ran out of money of fest tickets + hotel room... really hoping once I get the money in June the flight won't have magically sold out), but yeah -- the flight I want to take goes through Charlotte. If your flying US Airways might be the same second flight Very Happy

ah alright. Im taking Delta Airlines and my layover is in Atlanta.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 2:21 am

gah gotta get these plane tickets soon, need to be paid! Clucky I'm gonna PM you with hotel q's.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 2:36 am

Hope everyone is ready to get matching fest tat's
Back to top Go down

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 2:43 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
Hope everyone is ready to get matching fest tat's

hell yeah! i hope your ready to share the bed with me Josh Razz
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:28 am

It's going to get hot and steamy in there
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:20 am

One of the venues is shutting down, called the Common Grounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fest 10 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fest 10   Fest 10 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fest 10
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next