DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

Go down 
+93
Rizz
gaslightyay
crutchfield
prettyontheinsidex
Klown
rsj
mirrorenigma
njguy99
bt211
TGAforLIFE
kupe
AngryJohnnyN1930
19thirty
jzancan
Arctander
NeverTrustAJunkie
Vibes
rgillies
TGAFAN25
ral
Tom1911
jeffrey2
AmSlang59
marleyschains
Steve70s
BuddyHolly
nico0493
ThisMachineKillsFascists
eagles1139
Shrewsbury_Stars
HorribleCrowe
thebar1963
Jay
Camus
Don Carlo
gaslightfan89
riversedge
Debonair
SouthJerseyTGA
plugga
J_Bizness
gaslightom
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Paula
TheEmptyBones
Matilda Noir
Jerseyrain
coolia
JimmyB
J.B.R.
nebraska
I am Incinerator
chickenman
DeathoftheCool
Phil Rockabill
Harbortown
brucesboots
carryon820
enola
verbos
Labhras
CluckyB
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
The Angry Johnny Revue
loazis
steph
Gaslight23
Reinvent good times
40 Miler
joshyboytyler
theBasemen
borrowedcar
fullcollapse
RobertODonnell
Holland
WILDCARD180
MyFirstSin
PFREEZY
The Boxer
simo
thecosmickid
vamike
LuceroDiehard
mingus
JoshRaymond
Kosburn59
azlisa
JJW319
Bea
IFeelBlue
Ghost
Christophe
steady now steady now
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:02 am

Spoiler alert: I'm being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 am

TheEmptyBones wrote:
Holland wrote:
Ian should put that Strat down though.

Why? A fifth member can only help the band develop their sound.

yeh i am just not a strat fan , i would very much welcome another guitarist into the band.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:41 am

JimmyB wrote:
Fender is a great guitar make.

Fender is good , but when they are also modified by Nash they are exceptional!!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Debonair wrote:
Jay wrote:
So is Ian a member of the band now?

I dont think so, not that im against him being a member. I swear I heard an interview some where, that ian would not be one. Something along the lines of he'll always be around, and hes a good friend.

Maybe he'll just be a touring member, but not an official. So they can do extra instrumental work live?

I mean when you think about it, what would the point of THC be then?

but why is he in the studio with them; surely not as a guitar tech?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:05 pm

he's definitely playing on the record. Brian said in an interview that at the time Gaslight had 5 songs finished and Ian had made his way in all of them.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:54 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Jay wrote:
So is Ian a member of the band now?

I dont think so, not that im against him being a member. I swear I heard an interview some where, that ian would not be one. Something along the lines of he'll always be around, and hes a good friend.

Maybe he'll just be a touring member, but not an official. So they can do extra instrumental work live?

I mean when you think about it, what would the point of THC be then?

but why is he in the studio with them; surely not as a guitar tech?

I would think for the previous thing i mentioned, he will play live with them. So why not be there for the recording? Maybe he will be given credit as additional instruments.

Like i said i swear i heard an interview saying something like he wont be an "official" member. I just cant remember.

But either way, i wouldnt mind him being an official member.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:57 pm

I am almost definitely sure that Brian said in an interview that Ian was now a member of the band and wouldn't be the guitar tech anymore.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Holland wrote:
I am almost definitely sure that Brian said in an interview that Ian was now a member of the band and wouldn't be the guitar tech anymore.

haha and i heard the opposite Razz ,. Ok, so what we do know is that, he may or may not be an official member lol!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:04 pm

I will search for the evidence.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:11 pm

ahh this is the interview i remember , its kind of inconclusive but suggests that he will be playing on the album.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/07/the_gaslight_anthems_brian_fal.html
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:50 am

Debonair wrote:

I would think for the previous thing i mentioned, he will play live with them. So why not be there for the recording? Maybe he will be given credit as additional instruments.

when you are in teh studio with two guitarists already, do you really need someone to play guitar as an additional instrument?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:46 am

Debonair wrote:

when you are in teh studio with two guitarists already, do you really need someone to play guitar as an additional instrument?

i feel like this is a philosophical question, involving a secret place called "Teh Studio"
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:51 am

steph wrote:
Debonair wrote:

i feel like this is a philosophical question, involving a secret place called "Teh Studio"

it is indeed, for as Wikipedia tells me about "teh": "Originating from the common typo, it has become conventionalized in a variety of contexts. It is often used ironically, and can be used to mock someone's lack of 'techie' knowledge or skills, as an insult, or to reinforce a group's elitism". Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:56 am

steph wrote:
Debonair wrote:

it is indeed, for as Wikipedia tells me about "teh": "Originating from the common typo, it has become conventionalized in a variety of contexts. It is often used ironically, and can be used to mock someone's lack of 'techie' knowledge or skills, as an insult, or to reinforce a group's elitism". Razz

oh, alexander...
that is exactly the response i would expect of you! Razz
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:02 am

steph wrote:
steph wrote:
Debonair wrote:

oh, alexander...

I know, that's why it's the one I gave Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:04 am

steph wrote:
steph wrote:
Debonair wrote:

oh, alexander...

I know, that's why it's the one I gave Razz

haha. haven't talked to you in forever, how you been?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Debonair wrote:

OK, fair enough, but I can throw that question right back. When you are in the studio with two guitarists already, do you really need another " member" to play guitar. Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Every guitarist plays a different way so the answer is: yes, yes you do!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Steve70s wrote:
Every guitarist plays a different way so the answer is: yes, yes you do!

This answer could answer both questions actually Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:58 am

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 F1f85d144ba711e19896123138142014_7

"Mae - 1967"

For those who might not know, Mae is one of the new songs.

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Ddb804884bae11e1a87612313804ec91_7

"Guitars...."
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:06 am

Brian's looking boss with the hair and the beard.
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Holland wrote:

Well, I remember this one: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3570-thc-on-absolute-radio-27-11-2011

I didn't listen to the podcast, just referring to what was posted there.

'And Brian now said it oficially on radio that Ian's gonna be playing guitar with TGA.'

For what it's worth though, afterall, Ian didn't play with them when they did their holiday-show in Asbury before xmas, did he?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:24 pm

chickenman wrote:
Holland wrote:

Well, I remember this one: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3570-thc-on-absolute-radio-27-11-2011

I didn't listen to the podcast, just referring to what was posted there.

'And Brian now said it oficially on radio that Ian's gonna be playing guitar with TGA.'

For what it's worth though, afterall, Ian didn't play with them when they did their holiday-show in Asbury before xmas, did he?

Yes that's it! That's the interview I heard, Brian clearly says "we'll probably keep it to the four of us" at the end. It all happens around 49 minutes. He does say Ian will play a bit with them though.

I knew I remembered, some where saying Ian wouldn't be an "official" member. To be fair though, that was a few months ago, maybe they changed their minds?
Back to top Go down
Paula
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Paula

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:28 pm

News on twitter:

Absolutely working at peak here in Nashville! Just wrote another new one! So inspired!

http://twitter.com/#!/gaslight_anthem

Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:30 am

i have the feeling the guys are gonna play SNL during this album's run and kill it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next