DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight mural

Go down 
+19
matt even
WoodyJoe
Never1959
lynchyeatspizza
Johnny99
Stalls_Standing
stupendoussven
andy.mac
tdawg
e7c
ktp
JoshRaymond
TGAFAN25
Stevearm
steph
Jukebox Romeo
steady now steady now
simo
kieran
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Never59

Gaslight mural - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Thank you, guys.

This mural is really close to the neighborhood I grew up in so I wanted to immortalize a lot of my influences and family stuff. My dad's from Jersey and thinking about how I could pay homage to him led to realizing how well Gaslight ties together his era and mine, as well as his hometown & mine.

The jersey shore and Santa Monica both have legendary ferris wheels, so I threw a photo of me and my lil brother as kids walking in the rain with my dad in front of the pier (kinda like in The Patient Ferris Wheel).

That's also my grandparents above "The last of the jukebox romeos" and my great grandfather walkin down the steps of the bowling alley.

The mural took about 3 months of painting a couple days or nights a week, and is about 45'x23' in size.

Oh, and that's Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez from the Sandlot on the bottom left and my dog Shayna nearby the car (and where I painted myself on the wall)... I know them and a few of the other details aren't related to the band but I really appreciated the nice words about them.

Thanks again guys... and how do I post photos on here?
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 pm

is the roller coaster and ferris wheel based on any park or pier in particular? or is it just more freestyled?
fucking amazing mural.
i'd love to check it out someday.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:49 pm

You need an account to post links, so either you can sign up or just make the link seperated such as www google comĀ 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 pm

^and you have to commit to being a regular here for rest of your life.

Well... that part's a lie, but it would be nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Never1959
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Haha thanks... and that's the Santa Monica pier.
Back to top Go down
Never1959
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Gaslight mural - Page 2 Img_2111
Back to top Go down
Never1959
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Gaslight mural - Page 2 Rtwall10
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:16 am

I don't know what else to say other than absolutely amazing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:21 am

stunning stunning work! wanna come to the uk and do my bedroom wall?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:15 pm

I think all the ideas and influences tied together really well with the 50s retro theme and then the Gaslight Anthem, too. I wish more buildings were painted like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 pm

i want one like that in my roooooomm =)=)=) !!!

love it, it's like a gaslight anthem & jersey - discovery - picture - story

i'm proud that a lil part of me is jersey too Wink
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Never1959 wrote:
Gaslight mural - Page 2 Img_2111

Phenomenal work man. I just noticed that hourglass with the wings, which I presume represents time flying past. I love it. Have you done other things like this, or was this your first large scale mural?
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
Never1959
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:29 am

Thank you guys! I've done 10 or so large murals (since I transitioned from traditional graffiti) and am still learning with each one.
I try to honor a little bit of each area's past with the murals and the ideals and style of the Gaslight Anthem definitely go hand in hand with the feelings I'm trying to capture.
And yes, the flying hourglass 100% represents time flying by...
Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:40 am

Thank you for taking the time to post on here and explain what you where doing with this piece much appreciated. Im all for art being about the viewers interpretation but its always great to here from the artist themselves and what they are trying to convey Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:27 pm

where exactly is this mural?

im down south right now and want to go see it.... cross-streets?
Back to top Go down
Never1959
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:51 pm

My pleasure Kieran...

And the mural's on the corner of Venice & Grand View, just a little west of the 405 freeway...
Back to top Go down
WoodyJoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WoodyJoe

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 am

That is so fucking amazing.
I'm a big fan of gaslight and a big fan of public art so this just goes hand in hand!
Back to top Go down
matt even
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Mind = blown
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Wow, stunning =)
Back to top Go down
some guy

PostSubject: cool mural!   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Wow, that mural really packs in a lot of design elements! A pretty incredible painting!
Worth checking out sometime!

Back to top Go down
joeleitz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:04 pm

That mural is awesome! It's a pretty slick image for a barbershop! Good going! A lot of nice elements in it.

wall decals!

Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:55 pm

So fucking cool. I want to go to Santa Monica now just to see it in person. Fantastic work man.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:10 pm

This is incredible! Thank you for sharing your art with us. My friend lives near there and the next time I go out to CA, I'm going to find it and take a picture with it! Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight mural   Gaslight mural - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight mural
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2