DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight ads everywhere!

Go down 
+13
Kosburn59
OllieC
rumham
drifter69
njguy99
YouCanCallMeSally
enola
FelixMA
Clementine
steady now steady now
StitchesOnTheRadio
The Angry Johnny Revue
NYYFAN523
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

Gaslight ads everywhere! Empty
PostSubject: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Ok I don't know if it is because I listen to them on iTunes/Spotify and watch their videos all the time on YouTube, but I am seeing Handwritten advertisements all over the internet. Anybody else noticing this?
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Yep, same here!
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Seen it on Last.fm, and a couple of times on TV.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:09 pm

Haha one thing to keep in mind is websites tailor their adds to your interests.

The TV on the other hand only tailors to the general audience for that channel so that's really cool. And a friend of mine texted me today that she heard an ad for Handwritten on the radio.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:16 pm

As my underground train was pulling into Barbican station (London) this morning, I saw a big poster ad for the new album. Trying to get a photo on Wednesday. There must be others round London.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Haha one thing to keep in mind is websites tailor their adds to your interests.

I figured something along those lines. Their ads are all over Youtube, Google, Yahoo, and Rolling Stone for me.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:43 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Seen it on Last.fm, and a couple of times on TV.

can anyone record & post the TV ad?
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Tv ad was for Best Buy...saw it this morning. Clip of the 45 video
Back to top Go down
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FelixMA

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:23 pm

I know it isn't the internet, but I've been at Tramlines festival in Sheffield for the weekend and I've seen at least 3 posters plastered up around the city! was a bit of a pleasent surprise.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:15 am

Haven't seen any posters out there but a lot of stuff on the internet. But then again don't forget that we are exactly the target group of these ads and that might be the reason for us to see that many.

But on another note: A friend told me that a friend of his shared the Handwritten streaming link. He was not into Gaslight before that and he's from South Africa. So it's a global thing now Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:21 am

steady now steady now wrote:
As my underground train was pulling into Farringdon station (London) this morning, I saw a big poster ad for the new album. Trying to get a photo on Wednesday. There must be others round London.

Just found this pic on the Banquet Records site. I think that's the poster design I saw in the London underground, but maybe one size up. Interestingly, the album titls doesn't feature, neither does it say 'new' album out.

Gaslight ads everywhere! GLAposter
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:26 pm

As my underground train was pulling into Barbican station (London) this morning, I saw a big poster ad for the new album. Trying to get a photo on Wednesday. There must be others round London.

Here's the ad:

Gaslight ads everywhere! HWadlug
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:56 pm

I haven't seen any ads on TV, BUT I work in a coffee shop chain (not Starbucks) and we always get those edgar cards, and guess what I saw last week:

Gaslight ads everywhere! Dsc02011
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:23 am

Brian did a Spotify ad. It's funny hearing him do one of those ads.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:48 am

I was watching Palladia last night and they ran a Handwritten TV spot. It was short, and was mostly from the 45 video. Pretty neat, though...
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:18 pm

even saw a tv ad over here in the uk Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:33 pm

It's amazing what a major label can do for you. After all they have the most invested in their success.
Back to top Go down
OllieC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 pm

At my local HMV theres a big promo poster behind the cash with a picture of the band and a couple of lines from a review in the corner and I just asked for it. They're giving it to me in about two weeks when they take it down, so its going on my wall next to the Gaslight Anthem plaque signed by Brian and Alex R.

I'm excited to get it; its also good to see them getting the attention they deserve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Saw a couple advertisements on a bunch of video game websites I visit, as well as on a Youtube video!
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Just saw a YouTube ad when looking up a Vera Lynn tune. So awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:06 am

As my underground train was pulling into Farringdon station (London) this morning, I saw a big poster ad for the new album. Trying to get a photo on Wednesday. There must be others round London.

Just found this pic on the Banquet Records site. I think that's the poster design I saw in the London underground, but maybe one size up. Interestingly, the album titls doesn't feature, neither does it say 'new' album out.

Gaslight ads everywhere! GLAposter
I just picked up one of those posters - well pleased and hoping to get it framed Smile
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Sportscenter played Desire this morning!
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:31 pm

While on holiday in Berlin I saw this poster on several places:

Gaslight ads everywhere! DSC_0223
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:17 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:
Sportscenter played Desire this morning!

they have been playing it for at least a few days now.... and i still squeal like a little girl every time it comes on haha
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:54 pm

just heard "45" being played on the loudspeaker at the Etihad!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight ads everywhere!   Gaslight ads everywhere! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight ads everywhere!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next