DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GASLIGHT AT BFD!

Go down 
+3
CluckyB
Jay
TGAFAN25
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Empty
PostSubject: GASLIGHT AT BFD!   GASLIGHT AT BFD! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:57 pm

They were superb!

Played (in no particular order):
American Slang
59 Sound
Old White Lincoln
We Came to Dance
Boxer
Bring it On
Queen of Lower Chelsea
Backseats
Great Expectations

I might have missed one or two, some guy cold cocked me in the face while i was standing in line so it's a bit hazy.

Needed 6 stiches to close it up, but I'm cool.... Kid walked up while i was looking the other way, punched me then ran..... unreal....

Gaslight was AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GASLIGHT AT BFD!   GASLIGHT AT BFD! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:32 am

Sorry about your face man...
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GASLIGHT AT BFD!   GASLIGHT AT BFD! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:03 am

Any idea what they played at the end of backseats? I'm not sure if it was a cover or part of a new song. I donno about you guys, but I often can't pick up lyrics if i haven't heard the song a few times before.

There was another new song in there. Very upbeat one. I haven't listened to the whole album so I donno which one it was.

American Slang (the song) sounded incredible live. Their whole set was really good, I liked all the stuff off American Slang -- but I prefer the studio version of Boxer over the studio version of American Slang but preferred the live version of American Slang.

Only problem was the set was too short. They had two stages (well four, but two main ones) but had stuff on one stage until 5 and then the headliners on the "main stage". Even though they did a really great job streamlining the "festival stage" where Gaslight played (basically there were two stages side by side. While a band played a set on one stage the next band set up on the other. This had the added bonus of everyone running stage to stage at the start. I did the math, figured out where gaslight was going to be and camped out a spot way up front =P) it was still only a 40 minute set. Most of the bands (at least at the festival stage) were really good, but I don't see why they couldn't have overlapped when bands were playing and let the bands have longer sets (even the main headliner only got to play for like an hour). I thought part of the point of a festival experience was having to pick and choose.

Then again by the end of Gaslight's set (3:20, started at like 11:30) I was really hungry and thirsty and needed to sit down so I missed Against Me! If bands had been playing longer sets, I might not have made it through Gaslight...

But I'm not going to focus on the negative. I saw lots of good bands today (like 12-16 depending on how you count). Gaslight didn't disappoint and American Slang comes out in 8 days =D
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GASLIGHT AT BFD!   GASLIGHT AT BFD! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:36 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
They were superb!

Played (in no particular order):
American Slang
59 Sound
Old White Lincoln
We Came to Dance
Boxer
Bring it On
Queen of Lower Chelsea
Backseats
Great Expectations

I might have missed one or two, some guy cold cocked me in the face while i was standing in line so it's a bit hazy.

Needed 6 stiches to close it up, but I'm cool.... Kid walked up while i was looking the other way, punched me then ran..... unreal....

Gaslight was AWESOME

some kid just coldcocked you while you were just standing in line, minding your own business? where the fuck was this show, detroit?
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GASLIGHT AT BFD!   GASLIGHT AT BFD! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 am

CluckyB wrote:
Any idea what they played at the end of backseats? I'm not sure if it was a cover or part of a new song. I donno about you guys, but I often can't pick up lyrics if i haven't heard the song a few times before.

It was probably a cover. Last year Brian sometimes threw in a few lines from The Clash's Lost in the Supermarket.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GASLIGHT AT BFD!   GASLIGHT AT BFD! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:01 am

photos (you'll have to scroll):

http://musicinducedeuphoria.blogspot.com/2010/06/photos-bfd-2010.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GASLIGHT AT BFD!   GASLIGHT AT BFD! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:38 pm

if anybody can find a bootleg I will give them a million cyber hugs and my eternal gratitude
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GASLIGHT AT BFD!   GASLIGHT AT BFD! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:52 pm

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Tga2010-06-06
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GASLIGHT AT BFD!   GASLIGHT AT BFD! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:04 pm

video of 'The Queen of Lower Chelsea'

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

GASLIGHT AT BFD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GASLIGHT AT BFD!   GASLIGHT AT BFD! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GASLIGHT AT BFD!
Page 1 of 1