DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]

Go down 
+59
funsaimandignite
TooMuchGaslight
dmwhalen
bt211
pleasepassthesoup
whiskeytab
Prisoner
CasanovaBaby90
HorribleCrowe
RobertODonnell
DeathoftheCool
Boy From Little Eden
Roe
eagles1139
NotLikeWeBleed
ivienco
kuruptlon
Christophe
CapedAvenger
janoSK
GibsonFF19
LaVidaLoca
sickgirlesther
kjakm
cdala
SirBrad
thebends
dustinpardue
mja271
Keele
JacksSmirkingRevenge
SashaV
Asmith1912
Jerseyrain
rumham
riversedge
turnitin2004
brunswick18
enola
StateOfMind
jonnyz83
macci
loazis
brianisbae
mingus
miked331
ProMayhem
steady now steady now
cowgirlwiththeblues
The_River
Anya_TGA
moosicmaniac
cmigs
StitchesOnTheRadio
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Jack
Jaws
cms35
Shrewsbury_Stars
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 10:11 pm

I remember Handwritten came through my letterbox 2 days before the release... Just saying
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:36 pm

dmwhalen wrote:
On to more positive notes, both the CD and vinyl were available at Brian's in-store today in Philly.

He played Smoke, PK, Foolish Things, and Rosemary.  Told the backstory before each song.

Loving the album, so far.

I'm liking it a lot too and my expectations had gotten kind of low. I like or love 10 of 12, am indifferent to 1, and really dislike only 1. I'm happy with these numbers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:04 am

Exciting day with this and the announcement of Georgia (5 B-sides from Painkillers is impressive).
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:17 am

Keele wrote:
Exciting day with this and the announcement of Georgia (5 B-sides from Painkillers is impressive).

And knowing Brian's track record those will be some of the best songs from these sessions! Lol
Back to top Go down
ProMayhem
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ProMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:36 am

Honestly can't wait for Friday! I MUST HEAR THIS !! Ha
Back to top Go down
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:49 am

It's gonna be a long wait until Friday! Sad
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:19 pm

OMG I keep reading all these amazing things and I am now counting EVERY SECOND left til Friday!!! i hope he streams it on Spotify cause if I have to wait til April to get my record I'm gonna die (my preorder goes to my friend's house in London rather than traveling halfway round the world to Argentina... too much risk of it getting lost in the process) bounce
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Is the vinyl out now as well - I thought it wasn't available till May?

If it is, that's Friday night sorted. The digital version will keep me company at work and on my commute, but I can't wait to hear it in its full glory.
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 1:32 pm

I think the standard version of the vinyl will be out Friday with the CD and digital versions but the 7x7 box set won't be available until May. I know people will be disappointed if I'm correct but I have a feeling that the download links being sent out will not include the 2 bonus songs and just be the standard album. If there's an HD FLAC version to purchase then I may not even bother with the download links anyways.

I am trying to avoid leaks... Less than 48 hours, we'll see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 4:27 pm

mja271 wrote:
Keele wrote:

And knowing Brian's track record those will be some of the best songs from these sessions! Lol

That's already true, "Low Love" should've been on the album proper, haha.
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Rosemary has to be one the best songs he's ever done. Something about it, the delivery really just grabs you.
Back to top Go down
ProMayhem
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ProMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 7:59 pm

I don't get the hate about Long Drives! I loved the demo and a really enjoy the studio version
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Roe wrote:
I think the standard version of the vinyl will be out Friday with the CD and digital versions but the 7x7 box set won't be available until May. I know people will be disappointed if I'm correct but I have a feeling that the download links being sent out will not include the 2 bonus songs and just be the standard album. If there's an HD FLAC version to purchase then I may not even bother with the download links anyways.

but they send out the download link of the standard version even though I've ordered the 7x7 box set?
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:18 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
Roe wrote:

but they send out the download link of the standard version even though I've ordered the 7x7 box set?

That's what I'm expecting. It seems to be what typically happens when you get a download code with a vinyl purchase in my experience. I can't recall ever getting the exclusive or bonus tracks included with the download. Maybe for simplicity when it comes to emailing the codes out, they don't need to worry about who gets what. Or maybe to keep the bonus tracks exclusive to the vinyl. Even though the box won't be available until May, I do believe the codes will be emailed out on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:20 pm

I won't be disappointed if I'm wrong though...
Back to top Go down
funsaimandignite
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 2:39 pm

I tried logging on the Brian Fallon Store website to see if there is already digital content to download, but I get the message "There is no outstanding order.".
Do you guys have the same problem?
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Received an email today saying my pre-order has been dispatched and would be with me in '1-4 working days'.

I PRE-ORDERED IT SPECIFICALLY TO HAVE IT ON OR BEFORE RELEASE DAY! I COULD HAVE GONE TO THE SHOP IF I'D WANTED IT HALF A WEEK AFTER RELEASE! AAARGHHHH!!!

Sorry, i needed to get that out.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 3:44 pm

I understand, I had the same shit several times Sad
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 4:16 pm

CapedAvenger wrote:
I PRE-ORDERED IT SPECIFICALLY TO HAVE IT ON OR BEFORE RELEASE DAY! I COULD HAVE GONE TO THE SHOP IF I'D WANTED IT HALF A WEEK AFTER RELEASE! AAARGHHHH!!!

Completely worth shouting over!  Both my CD and vinyl have been dispatched today, so I'm really hoping the digital version comes through OK so at least I have something to listen to.  Completely ruins my plans for a Friday night in with the vinyl though.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 5:24 pm

ProMayhem wrote:
I don't get the hate about Long Drives! I loved the demo and a really enjoy the studio version

Totally agree
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 5:25 pm

Roe wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
Roe wrote:

That's what I'm expecting. It seems to be what typically happens when you get a download code with a vinyl purchase in my experience. I can't recall ever getting the exclusive or bonus tracks included with the download. Maybe for simplicity when it comes to emailing the codes out, they don't need to worry about who gets what. Or maybe to keep the bonus tracks exclusive to the vinyl. Even though the box won't be available until May, I do believe the codes will be emailed out on Friday.

The customer service for all things Gaslight is so bare bones there's no way they will be able to pull this off
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 7:38 pm

Roe wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
Roe wrote:

I would be happy to have the download links for the standard version...I can wait for the bonus tracks..I mean that'S understandable because it will be released in april or may.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 9:32 pm

I'm hoping for the full 14 songs. That's what we purchased after all.

Painkillers is now available on iTunes but I'm gonna wait for this download link to hopefully be sent out by the time I get up.

The only thing that's killed my excitement a little is that I've heard two thirds of the songs already. Done properly they'd have released the first single when the tour started in January followed by the album 2 weeks after. Instead we've had the fortnightly release of several songs mostly for the benefit of those watching the tour. I guess I just feel like I've got less surprises than normal but I'm still looking forward to good clean versions of the songs. Bring on the morning!!!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 2:02 am

Well, Spotify posted the album right at midnight. Time to finally listen!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 3:04 am

I wnder if the Painkillers release is the reason why I woke up far too early today Wink

Can't listen to it anyway until I'm in the car or at least until my family wakes up too Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next