DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]

Go down 
+59
funsaimandignite
TooMuchGaslight
dmwhalen
bt211
pleasepassthesoup
whiskeytab
Prisoner
CasanovaBaby90
HorribleCrowe
RobertODonnell
DeathoftheCool
Boy From Little Eden
Roe
eagles1139
NotLikeWeBleed
ivienco
kuruptlon
Christophe
CapedAvenger
janoSK
GibsonFF19
LaVidaLoca
sickgirlesther
kjakm
cdala
SirBrad
thebends
dustinpardue
mja271
Keele
JacksSmirkingRevenge
SashaV
Asmith1912
Jerseyrain
rumham
riversedge
turnitin2004
brunswick18
enola
StateOfMind
jonnyz83
macci
loazis
brianisbae
mingus
miked331
ProMayhem
steady now steady now
cowgirlwiththeblues
The_River
Anya_TGA
moosicmaniac
cmigs
StitchesOnTheRadio
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Jack
Jaws
cms35
Shrewsbury_Stars
63 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Empty
PostSubject: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 5:39 pm

According to his Twitter banter with Cat Popper, they'll be collaborating on a new album. I hope this means we'll get studio releases of the Molly songs.
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 5:51 pm

I was wondering about that.

He'd been saying he was writing writing writing, but in the Aussie interview that he couldn't even think about a new TGA record yet -- "the weight of that..." I think was how he phrased it. So what's he writing for/about then? Though, it's what he does. He writes and performs songs, so..... Whatever the project.

It could just be banter, but I hope it's not. I'd love to see a Fallon solo record...and a solo-ish tour outside of the east coast. (Maybe nudge that Englishman to open for him and promote that lovely record of his that he just released.... Wink. He'd probably be bringing him with anyhow, right??)

(Ok now I'm just full on speculating. Smile But who cares - it's Friday. Nice thoughts to think going into the weekend!)
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:59 pm

I took the back-and-forth as a joke, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Barresi wrote:

It definitely started as a joke but Fallon's response and Cat's reply suggest they were joking about something that's actually in the works.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 6:15 pm

Please be happening. I wanted a Molly and the Zombies record (or the original solo album) way more than a new Gaslight record and especially now after hearing Get Hurt. Molly had the old Gaslight magic to it, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 7:41 am

Jack wrote:
Please be happening. I wanted a Molly and the Zombies record (or the original solo album) way more than a new Gaslight record and especially now after hearing Get Hurt. Molly had the old Gaslight magic to it, in my opinion.

Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 3:16 am

From chatting with him briefly on the last tour I know he still wants to do a solo record. Didn't seem like he necessarily had a timeline or knew what it would look like just yet though.

Regarding those tweets with Cat, I wouldn't read too much into it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's mentioned to her that he wants to/is working on solo stuff and would maybe want her to contribute to it whenever it actually comes together. That's probably where this joke came from.

But who knows. I'm basing these thoughts off what he said after a show, not any promises or definitive information. I'm just patiently waiting for what I have no doubt will be an interesting and enjoyable solo record. Even if it doesn't come out till 2025 Razz
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 9:37 pm

I would really enjoy seeing a Brian solo record. After hearing what Ryan Adams did for Butch Walker, would really love to see him produce it, like Brian was talking about a couple of summers ago.

Half of Molly and the Zombies is still touring together (Cat and Randy Schrager are playing with Jesse Malin), so we're not far from being able to get that band together.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 11:57 pm

To be fair, I think Cat and Randy were touring with each other before MATZ came to be.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 5:29 pm

Who were they playing with before MATZ?
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 6:28 pm

cmigs wrote:

I saw Cat play on a tour with Mike Doughty a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 6:30 pm

moosicmaniac wrote:
cmigs wrote:

I saw Cat play on a tour with Mike Doughty a few years ago.

Didn't know she had played with Doughty. Cat has played with a ton of people (I first saw her in 2004 with Ryan Adams). Randy has as well. Was just curious about them playing together before MATZ, since this was the first I'd heard of it.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 8:11 pm

cmigs wrote:

I think they've both toured with Jesse Malin prior to MATZ. I could be mistaken though.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 8:37 pm

The Jesse Malin run started after Molly - they began playing with him last summer. There was actually supposed to be a Molly/Jesse show where they'd play in both bands, but Brian had to pull out for some reason.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 9:35 pm

cmigs wrote:
The Jesse Malin run started after Molly - they began playing with him last summer. There was actually supposed to be a Molly/Jesse show where they'd play in both bands, but Brian had to pull out for some reason.

Like I said, I honestly know very little about what these musicians are up to now let alone before MATZ. Maybe it was just for that Joe Strummer like tribute show or whatever that was? All I know is I read somewhere that they had played together before even if it was only like once.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:40 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Barresi wrote:

It definitely started as a joke but Fallon's response and Cat's reply suggest they were joking about something that's actually in the works.

Based on Brian's most recent instagram post, it look like he was indeed serious back in April when he mentioned he would be working with Cat on his new record.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 7:08 pm

I also think that Cat will work with Brian on his solo record..but I am not sure if it will be a MATZ.... I think it will be his solo record and therefore Cat will play the bass on it and maybe also go on tour with him... but anyway that are just speculations...
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:54 pm

This tells me it's more than speculation

https://instagram.com/p/7_swHrlD4V/?taken-by=thebrianfallon
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 4:39 am

Also, his next post on instagram makes it clear the song Steve McQueen is going to be on the record.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 6:59 pm

The_River wrote:
Also, his next post on instagram makes it clear the song Steve McQueen is going to be on the record.

yeah that's true....so amazing, love that song!!!

and his recent tumblr post sounds promising and I can not wait to see any pictures or videos Very Happy

http://thebrianfallon.tumblr.com/post/129866011089/demo-nstrations-ive-been-furiously-working-on
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Speculation: Brian is now in Nashville to record his solo album.... Jared Hart from The Scandals is also in Nashville right now... maybe a guest appearance on Brian's album?
Who knows? anyway would be cool
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 3:06 am

Seems like the Butch Walker connection might be confirmed as well.

https://twitter.com/thebrianfallon/status/651151851841191937
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 11:51 am

Brian's first solo album will be called Painkillers.

It was produced in Nashville by Butch Walker and is set to be released in early 2016 via Island Records in the United States, and Virgin/EMI in the UK.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ProMayhem
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ProMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 1:59 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Brian's first solo album will be called Painkillers.

It was produced in Nashville by Butch Walker and is set to be released in early 2016 via Island Records in the United States, and Virgin/EMI in the UK.

Where was the title confirmed ?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 3:48 pm

ProMayhem wrote:
Where was the title confirmed ?

here http://www.kerrang.com/36435/brian-fallon-to-release-debut-solo-album-painkillers/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next