DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]

Go down 
+59
funsaimandignite
TooMuchGaslight
dmwhalen
bt211
pleasepassthesoup
whiskeytab
Prisoner
CasanovaBaby90
HorribleCrowe
RobertODonnell
DeathoftheCool
Boy From Little Eden
Roe
eagles1139
NotLikeWeBleed
ivienco
kuruptlon
Christophe
CapedAvenger
janoSK
GibsonFF19
LaVidaLoca
sickgirlesther
kjakm
cdala
SirBrad
thebends
dustinpardue
mja271
Keele
JacksSmirkingRevenge
SashaV
Asmith1912
Jerseyrain
rumham
riversedge
turnitin2004
brunswick18
enola
StateOfMind
jonnyz83
macci
loazis
brianisbae
mingus
miked331
ProMayhem
steady now steady now
cowgirlwiththeblues
The_River
Anya_TGA
moosicmaniac
cmigs
StitchesOnTheRadio
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Jack
Jaws
cms35
Shrewsbury_Stars
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 2:41 pm

As we've seen that photo of Brian before, the cover may not have come as much of a surprise (he's even mentioned the Blue Note idea in an interview), but what did people make of it?

For my part, I always enjoy a bit of Blue Note, as with Elsie and the Handwritten deluxe.

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 5UCDBF01
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 6:57 pm

European preorder: http://shop.virginemi.com/brianfallon/

But no bonus tracks and 7" boxes...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 7:42 pm

enola wrote:
European preorder: http://shop.virginemi.com/brianfallon/

But no bonus tracks and 7" boxes...

If you change the currency to USD (it also offers £ and EUR), the stuff works out more expensive than teh US pre-order. I wonder if they are shipping it from the US before distributing it in Europe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 8:19 pm

I like the album cover

the EU site also announced the dates and names of further track releases:

05/02: Smoke
19/02: Steve McQueen
04/03: Painkillers
Back to top Go down
GibsonFF19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:34 pm

I pre-ordered the deluxe vinyl box set, and was wondering if anyone received any download link yet? I know it said we would get instant access to "Wonderful Life", and I was hoping for "Nobody Wins" too
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 2:49 am

I didn't get them either...emailed yesterday morning, but no reply yet. I already have A Wonderful Life, but would love Nobody Wins too.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 3:02 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
I like the album cover

the EU site also announced the dates and names of further track releases:

05/02: Smoke
19/02: Steve McQueen
04/03: Painkillers

I really want to hold back on listening to the studio versions of these, but I know I won't be able to.
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 1:31 am

Mybe I missed it already, but are Digging In The Dirt and The Blues Mary going to be available digitally somehow (like iTunes deluxe) or just on vinyl versions?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 8:08 pm

I ordered the box set and I cannot find the download links :/
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 10:50 am

Did anyone who preordered the album receive the download links for the 2 songs by now? They should have been sent out via email right away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
janoSK
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
janoSK

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 12:11 pm

I preordered the album and got download links.

Try opening Order confirmation email and there should be link where you can review your order. Under this link you´ll find list of stuff you ordered and also list of songs you can/will be able to download. Right next to them is download button.

Order confirmation email
https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/19/40/61/81/order_10.jpg

Order review page
https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/19/40/61/81/order_10.png
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 12:49 pm

Are we still discussing the tracks released so far or is that on a separate topic?
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 6:31 pm

I've decided not to listen to Nobody Wins (or any other songs) before the album comes out, so I won't spoil too much of the album before listening to it. So, please tell me how good Nobody Wins is and make me jealous!
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 7:08 pm

mingus wrote:
I've decided not to listen to Nobody Wins (or any other songs) before the album comes out, so I won't spoil too much of the album before listening to it. So, please tell me how good Nobody Wins is and make me jealous!

Oh it's terrible. You aren't missing anything. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 7:28 pm

janoSK wrote:

Try opening Order confirmation email and there should be link where you can review your order. Under this link you´ll find list of stuff you ordered and also list of songs you can/will be able to download. Right next to them is download button.

Order confirmation email

Order review page

I don't get that page...after entering my zip code, the page shows me the following:
Quote :
Order Detail

There is no outstanding order.

so I dont know what to do :/
Back to top Go down
GibsonFF19
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 1:30 am

janoSK wrote:

Order confirmation email

Order review page

I got the e-mail, but my order review doesn't look like that at all! There aren't any download links...or even lists of songs on the page
Back to top Go down
janoSK
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
janoSK

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 4:00 am

Have you created an account in that shop or you ordered without registration? Registration was offered after placing the order.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 12:04 pm

mingus wrote:

Blood lovin it
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 6:49 pm

First time i've seen the track listing, just now. I'm a tiny bit disappointed with the 3 MATZ tracks making it onto the album. Only 8 new tracks to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 5:13 pm

For anyone who's still having the missing downloads issue on the US preorder, here's the response I got to my third email:

Thank you for choosing Delivery Agent. For customers who preordered on 1/21, the preorder went live a little earlier then it was supposed to which is why the download didn't come up. The account manager is aware of the issue and this week they're trying to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. You should be contacted via email with a resolution most likely sometime next week.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 7:19 pm

my problem also got solved
firstly, apparently I had an account on that page (didn't know that) so I didn't know my PW and I clicked on "forgot my PW" so they send me a new one, I changed it and when I log into my account I can see the download files

secondly, I also got an answer from Delivery Agent, I used the wrong zip code, I should use the one of my billing address which is a different one than that of my shipping address (thats the mess to live in two different places -.-) and it works
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 10:07 am

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
For anyone who's still having the missing downloads issue on the US preorder, here's the response I got to my third email:

Thank you for choosing Delivery Agent. For customers who preordered on 1/21, the preorder went live a little earlier then it was supposed to which is why the download didn't come up. The account manager is aware of the issue and this week they're trying to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. You should be contacted via email with a resolution most likely sometime next week.

Yup - that was the same response I got. No biggie. Hope it's rectified before next Friday when the next song is available. I already bought A Wonderful Like and Nobody Wins digitally anyways.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 10:21 am

These 2 songs are so sappy, it's what I want to hear.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 11:28 pm

I'm warming to the new version of Long Drives. I'm so glad I finally figured out what Brian is singing in this part:

In the back of a car where they try on your heart
and suddenly show you their teeth

It always sounded like he was singing something different than "child at heart" which is what was transcribed for the Molly version. I feel like it's clear what he's singing on the YouTube videos, though.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:23 pm

I wonder if there will be a deluxe version of the album made available soon. So far it's juts the normal version isn't it? I guess there will be a deluxe with Low Love and perhaps The Blues Mary, and Tin Pan Alley on too.

Does anyone know if these have been confirmed as being recorded, and if there are any other bonus songs that could be available?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]   Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic:  'Painkillers' - first listen impressions] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painkillers (Brian Fallon solo record) - pre-release chat and PURCHASES discussion [for post-release comments use topic: 'Painkillers' - first listen impressions]
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next