DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love

Go down 
+131
matkins
nebraska
Andy_
plugga
tom.TGA.punk
DeathoftheCool
spork13
gunner
the original gauche
19thirty
nico0493
Breanne
Xanthias
GuitarMike
DiamondSinatra
thomas94
gib786
Zapuda
daria_pepper
SubconsciousRitual
Grant Michael
drifter69
loazis
pleasepassthesoup
bringiton_ty
CluckyB
TheContender
holdsteady82
huckafooter
Raoul_Duke
CapedAvenger
Kosburn59
JacksSmirkingRevenge
EveryWordHandwritten
Chappers
Jerseyrain
punkrox889
PPQ
njguy99
sandinista
sportshack
TGA30
Brother Beck
Emusic
jonnyz83
moreblue
fake_empire
Klown
Prisoner
rsj
scarsrsouvenirs
Afzoomie67
NeverTrustAJunkie
Little Eden
steph
TGAforLIFE
azlisa
jeffrey2
NYYFAN523
danny4690
Camus
YorkDan
mingus
heals
JJW319
charlesepting
bringiton
kirstyt
Ghost
steady now steady now
Casey
StitchesOnTheRadio
bt211
Shrewsbury_Stars
FelixMA
The Angry Johnny Revue
Bea
moconnell23
Harbortown
gking92
RandyMachoManCabbage
40 Miler
White Man In Hammersmith
simo
vamike
YouCanCallMeSally
JonnyisRFC
bakerfall
Jack
songs like a comfort
TheEmptyBones
EveryLittleSecret
DavyGrolton
IAmDisappeared
rumham
HorribleCrowe
Steve70s
Hanswurst
Midnight Rambler
Try Me
TGAFAN25
MKULTRA
EveryRikiHandwritten
snakester
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
SirBrad
IrishNameAndAnInjury
thebiglebowski
Jonnyn8
OldManShoes3
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Chesser19
Vibes
The M
gtalbott
spgilbert
Labhras
ghosttocoast
riversedge
Yozzy
elliott4296
Holland
ral
DaleCooper
saltandburn1967
Christophe
acousticbandit
brianisbae
A_Regular
rgillies
eagles1139
135 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:52 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
How is the full version of Mulholland Drive?! Is it everything I want it to be?

Better.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Honestly everything between handwritten and howl didn't stand out really
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:55 pm

The bridge on Biloxi explodes my soul
Back to top Go down
elliott4296
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:56 pm

this albums beast!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:56 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
How is the full version of Mulholland Drive?! Is it everything I want it to be?

Epic guitar brilliance!!
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 pm

desire is throwaway
Back to top Go down
rgillies
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rgillies

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:00 pm

I'm not good at reviewing songs but I'm going to go ahead and say "Handwritten" "Mae" and "National Anthem" are the dog's bollocks.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Shrug, I think National Anthem is pretty typical. The Dylan quote was cool but besides that...shrug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Handwritten is much better than the 30 second amazon preview led me to believe.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:14 pm

A_Regular wrote:
As expected too much blood is boring as shit

No. Fantastic song. Epic.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Yozzy wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

Thank you Yozzy for renewing my faith.
Back to top Go down
rgillies
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rgillies

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Yozzy wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

One of my favourites, the guitar riff is big and Brian's voice is raelly good on it.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:20 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Yozzy wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

Thank you Yozzy for renewing my faith.

The album is incredible. Too early to start comparing to their other releases of course, but it is something special. Stay excited, it won't disappoint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Is it me or is Howl not quite as good as everyone is making it out to be? I like the lyrics but it sounds like they're really going for something radio friendly.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Radio friendly? A 2 minute punk song sounds least radio friendly to me.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Handwritten is now my favorite gaslight song. I didn't think that would happen at all with this album.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:27 pm

A_Regular wrote:

I was gonna say, I dont think ive heard anything that short before
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Apoligies I have none's debut record is filling my time until monday
Back to top Go down

A_Regular wrote:
OK, maybe not radio friendly but the "ey-ey-eyyyyyy" bit is very cheesy, particularly with the silky smooth production.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:28 pm

markbarlow wrote:
A_Regular wrote:
OK, maybe not radio friendly but the "ey-ey-eyyyyyy" bit is very cheesy, particularly with the silky smooth production.

Kind of like against me's forced rapid decompression, except I think Howl is awesome.
Back to top Go down
ghosttocoast
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ghosttocoast

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:29 pm

The title track brought me to tears and is as close to a perfect song that I've ever heard.

Mullholland is a bit eh, guitar solo's way too much IMO.

Wasn't expecting much from Keepsake but fuck me those lyrics hit me hard.

Too much blood's great but lasts too long for me.

Howl is two minutes of umphhhh, so good. The double tracked vocals on biloxi blow the live version away, the end result is simply incredible

Desire's a throwaway track, 15 minutes since the album stopped playing and I can't even remember what it sounds like. The reviewer who claimed that Mae was like a walk through the jungle was spot on. Seriously breathtaking.

The violins on National Anthem are quite annoying but other than that, beautiful.
Back to top Go down
rgillies
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rgillies

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Howl doesn't really do much for me either
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:31 pm

ghosttocoast wrote:
The title track brought me to tears and is as close to a perfect song that I've ever heard.

Mullholland is a bit eh, guitar solo's way too much IMO.

Wasn't expecting much from Keepsake but fuck me those lyrics hit me hard.

Too much blood's great but lasts too long for me.

Howl is two minutes of umphhhh, so good. The double tracked vocals on biloxi blow the live version away, the end result is simply incredible

Desire's a throwaway track, 15 minutes since the album stopped playing and I can't even remember what it sounds like. The reviewer who claimed that Mae was like a walk through the jungle was spot on. Seriously breathtaking.

The violins on National Anthem are quite annoying but other than that, beautiful.

Pretty much my opinion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 pm

A_Regular wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

Kind of like against me's forced rapid decompression, except I think Howl is awesome.
It reminded me of Because of the Shame by Against Me! actually.

I liked it a lot more on second listen.

My overall first impression of the album is very slightly disappointed but I'd probably built it up in my head to be something it could never be.

Handwritten is my favourite so far. Mulholland Drive wasn't as good as I was expecting from the preview.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Second listen, I love Mulholland. Didn't listen to it very closely before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love   HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HANDWRITTEN: your impressions, comments, and declarations of love
Page 2 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next