DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]

Go down 
+48
gaslightom
kuruptlon
Kosburn59
Grant Michael
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Kobelev
LuceroDiehard
Templeton
nebraska
Ghost To Coast
CokaCola1988
Gaslight23
Prisoner
RobertODonnell
carryon820
loazis
mercyandaminute
brucesboots
The Boxer
acousticbandit
mingus
Shrewsbury_Stars
vamike
Sinngh
plugga
theBasemen
Silver
Reinvent good times
enola
bobbyjames
Christophe
Vibes
Daire
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Zeebs07
amberfoyd
NeverTrustAJunkie
Down by the Mersey
IFeelBlue
Bea
Jay
simo
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
fullcollapse
JJW319
Holland
steady now steady now
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:03 am

fullcollapse wrote:
Vibes wrote:
So is that why Ian was playing guitar in all of those shows?

I'm not sure if that would be why, exactly, I just always thought he did it because of some combination of wanting to and so Brian can roam around stage unencumbered for some songs. And, uh, hit himself in the face with microphones. Brian's been very charming without a guitar the times I've seen them Cool

i cant imagine him without a guitar..
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:13 am

amberfoyd wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:
Vibes wrote:
So is that why Ian was playing guitar in all of those shows?

I'm not sure if that would be why, exactly, I just always thought he did it because of some combination of wanting to and so Brian can roam around stage unencumbered for some songs. And, uh, hit himself in the face with microphones. Brian's been very charming without a guitar the times I've seen them Cool

I think he has a hard time imagining it, too. ha. It's really fun to see him bounce around on stage though.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:18 am

i'm glad they are going to sing sweet songs to us again. gaslight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:48 am

great!
"I feel like you didn’t read the blog, I’m a little hurt." Love that Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:21 am

amberfoyd wrote:

no need to imagine, just behold ...

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Tnr%20DSCF3720
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:16 pm

haha

Also here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOEkjDaHK0o Smile
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:11 pm

fullcollapse wrote:

I think he has a hard time imagining it, too.

steady now steady now wrote:

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Tnr%20DSCF3720

....suspicion confirmed. I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:13 pm

If there's just a DASH of sound similar to the Afghan Whigs, this will be heaven. I consider Greg Dulli, and the Afghan WHigs, perhaps one of the most underrated bands of the last 20 years, easy. Of course, he'll be releasing a new one with Twilight Singers in a few weeks, but this is great.

Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Brian wrote:
I think we’re leaning on making a record that’s just full of excitement and that romantic feeling we avoided on our last record.

THIS was the sentence that made me dance on the table. The EP and the '59 Sound with this sad, melancholic mood were the reasons I fell in love with this band. So awesome to read that they'll continue it on the new album.

Also stoked for the Horrible Crowes and the album. I totally need music to listen to in the night.
And yes Ian's hat is supercool. I think I need a new flat cap right now. :]
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:07 am

From The Facebook: 11 complete demos... 6 more to goal
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:06 am

Vibes wrote:
From The Facebook: 11 complete demos... 6 more to goal

good stuff; and I only just found the lyrics teaser on Twitter from 26 Jan:

My love, my love, you're the sting of the scorpion. Consider, now, the angels, a little lower than you.

Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:52 pm

New entry:
http://thehorriblecrowes.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Totally just made my day, as these things often do.

I am ECSTATIC over the mention of Record Store Day material. Absolutely thrilled. I'm already anxious about making sure I get whatever it is and "oh god what if the store I go to doesn't have it and it's gone from other places by the time I get there"... how my mind works, my friends! These guys bring me much joy.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:05 pm

new material would be awesome but how the hell am I gonna get it here?
on the other hand, excited doesn't quite cover my reaction at european dates, yeeee!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:16 pm

plugga wrote:
online stores Wink (if you're willing to pay twice the normal price for the shipping costs...)
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:37 am

theBasemen wrote:
New entry:

"and then some stuff for Itunes, and Record Store Day, etc."

Itunes? uck!

Record Store Day? fine!
Back to top Go down
IFeelBlue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IFeelBlue

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:57 am

Can't wait for this new album. They will give us more awesome stuff, sure of that.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:38 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
theBasemen wrote:
New entry:

"and then some stuff for Itunes, and Record Store Day, etc."

Itunes? uck!

Record Store Day? fine!

As I have always said, I will never buy something from itunes unless it's an exclusive that's not available anywhere else. I just can't wrap my head around having nothing but digital copies of something. I think, though, if Brian/TGA puts anything up on itunes before a physical release is available, I might cave in and do both. It'd get me some songs early and get them a little extra profit.

I am still on edge with worry and excitement about the potential RSD release! Very, very happy about that.
Back to top Go down
Sinngh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Sinngh

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Quote :
I am doing the Revival Tour in Europe this September
Oh Hell yes. I think it's the first 'official' confirmation that Brian is in, isn't it? Until now, it was mostly 'I hope to do the Revival Tour in Europe' or similar statements. Chuck & Brian, seriously, how much better can it get?
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:47 pm

On the topic - I don't even have itunes on my computer!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Bea wrote:
plugga wrote:
online stores Wink (if you're willing to pay twice the normal price for the shipping costs...)

I know, damn being in europe sometimes sucks Mad

and don't get itunes, it's a complete nightmare of a program!!!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:09 pm

what's wrong with itunes? you get free stuff, apps and you can preview songs before buying them (how many times have i bought an album that, by its artwork, looks cool just to find out later that it's total crap? more than i can count)
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:20 pm

It's not itunes that I have a problem with. I use it all the time. I just can't get behind purchasing music in download format only. I want an actual copy.

I have a mac and an iphone, so I use itunes otherwise.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm

I got it recenty when I bought an iPod and it crashes constantly, had to install it on my parents'computer Neutral
plus I agree, unless it's something made specifically for iTunes I would never pay for an mp3, but I'm happy to waste all my money on cds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:06 pm

well then the problem is with your computer and not with itunes Razz
and yeah i never buy mp3s either. i usually download 'free' (ehem.. Rolling Eyes) music, and if i like it then i go buy the album on vinyl or CD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next