DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]

Go down 
+48
gaslightom
kuruptlon
Kosburn59
Grant Michael
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Kobelev
LuceroDiehard
Templeton
nebraska
Ghost To Coast
CokaCola1988
Gaslight23
Prisoner
RobertODonnell
carryon820
loazis
mercyandaminute
brucesboots
The Boxer
acousticbandit
mingus
Shrewsbury_Stars
vamike
Sinngh
plugga
theBasemen
Silver
Reinvent good times
enola
bobbyjames
Christophe
Vibes
Daire
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Zeebs07
amberfoyd
NeverTrustAJunkie
Down by the Mersey
IFeelBlue
Bea
Jay
simo
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
fullcollapse
JJW319
Holland
steady now steady now
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:56 am

from twitter:
wrote:
Label announcement coming soon! Don't you just love how bands don't tell you what they already know right away?
but don't we already know SideOne is going to release the album? Razz
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:00 am

because we're good fans, maybe someone doesn't know Razz
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:03 am

didnt think they were going to start recording till early May.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:12 am

I guess he is gonna make an official announcement now.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 pm

from http://thenjunderground.com/blog/2011/4/18/interview-the-gaslight-anthem.html

The NJ Underground: Your other band The Horrible Crowes is set to release their debut album this year. What can fans expect from that record?

Brain: The Crowes is like Tom Waits and Nick Cave, Mark Lanegan, Greg Dulli kind of stuff, it's pretty dark. It's kids music, to give them nightmares and make girls cry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:46 am

Quote :
@briangaslight: The Horrible Crowes are finishing pre production. Recording Wednesday.

its getting closer guys... *can't wait*
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm so excited!
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:29 pm

If they're recording Wed., how long do you guys think it will take for the album to be released?

I'm very excited for/anticipating this release! It sucks having to wait until 2012 for a new TGA album so I'm really looking forward to this album/project helping to get me through what feels like FOREVER until the next TGA release.

With that said, I'm really looking forward to TGA's next album being their best yet (I don't think they've reached thier full potential) or at least being better than American Slang, which I still like and was a big fan of.....it just doens't have the "staying power" that The 59 Sound has, which I still listen to pretty regularly and in 5 yrs. can see myself still loving that album......whereas American Slang, I listened to regularly for the first 6-9 months, got burnout on it, and now I don't listen to it that often.

Funny how one question turned into a few paragraphs.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:56 am

I could swear that a few days ago HC posted a photo of guitars on a studio floor saying "fine tuning", but I can't find it anywhere. Help.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:52 am

http://lockerz.com/s/97952452
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:51 am

By the way, speaking as Forum Admin, please note that Horrible Crowes demos, if any do leak, must not be posted on this forum.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue May 03, 2011 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:42 am

steady now steady now wrote:
I could swear that a few days ago HC posted a photo of guitars on a studio floor saying "fine tuning", but I can't find it anywhere. Help.

Although the pic has already been posted ... it' still on their twitter page. Just to let you know the source ;o)
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:10 am

new update here
http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/2011/05/studio-update-1.html

Quote :
Studio Update Number One - The Horrible Crowes
Coming to you from a secret location in the Shore of New Jersey,
we have begun recording for the Horrible Crowes.
So far we've got the drums, percussion, and drum loops pretty well wrapped up in bow
thanks to Steve Sidelnyk. Ian finished all the bass parts yesterday and today, and I've done 60% of the Piano work and about 80% of the Hammond B-3 Organs, it's been a pretty productive not-even-first-week.
The piano you see pictured above was also used on a record called "Bat Out of Hell" by a guy named Meatloaf, which is one of my top twenty albums of all time.
We've got amps upon amps and noises upon noises, the exciting thing for me is this is coming out better than I could have ever dreamed. Benny came down today to hang out and we had a great time listening to all the parts we've laid down so far. There's an electricity in the air, the weather's breathing warmer, and the ocean is at my fingertips again.
It's good to be home, it's good to be back in the studio with Ted Hutt and Ryan Mall,
and this record is going to make the old women blush and the young girls scream.
Like Greg Duli says... "does he love you? cause if he doesn't I'll be here all night."

Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:25 am

Great news! Glad that they have fun!

Brian surprises me every time he posts something. Now with stating that "Bat Out Of Hell" by Meat Loaf is one of his favourite albums. I liked Meat Loaf when I was younger but have not been listening to him for along time. I'm very curious how the piono parts will turn out...

Can't wait for the record. I'm soooo excited!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:26 am

Also there are some new picture on facebook:

Double drumsets? Check

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/229250_183463608372880_156818584370716_481524_3646943_n.jpg

Beat-up guitar? Check

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/225655_183464228372818_156818584370716_481526_6529311_n.jpg

Piano? Check

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dmI2GbZMsIM/TcoKLDid6MI/AAAAAAAAABw/rRdvKu34FGY/s1600/IMG_0082.JPG

The only problem with this record is if it isn't the greatest musical release ever I'm probably going to be slightly disappointed =P
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:27 am

enola wrote:
Great news! Glad that they have fun!

Brian surprises me every time he posts something. Now with stating that "Bat Out Of Hell" by Meat Loaf is one of his favourite albums. I liked Meat Loaf when I was younger but have not been listening to him for along time. I'm very curious how the piono parts will turn out...

Can't wait for the record. I'm soooo excited!

Meatloaf, Springsteen, The Doors, and Pink Floyd are what my mom had me hooked on by the time I was a toddler! Meatloaf was my first crush, no lie. Love that man.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:57 am

Is there any instrument, Brian doesn't play? I was not aware that he can actually play drums ...
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:41 am

He is becoming the new Dave Grohl, he tends to learn an instrument in the space of a few months and then play them on an album. So exited about this album.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:48 am

Can't wait until he picks up the triangle!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:59 am

I'm wondering if keytar is next.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:26 pm

enola wrote:
Is there any instrument, Brian doesn't play? I was not aware that he can actually play drums ...
He's mentioned before that he likes to play drums as part of his writing process.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:17 pm

We'll be getting daily updates now. Yeah!!
https://twitter.com/#!/briangaslight/status/68694036139094016
Thanks, Brian!
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:18 pm

love the Whigs / Twilight Singers reference with Dulli!! that has me excited more than meatloaf.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:35 pm

aside from barely being able to wait for this album, I can't wait to see who first gets that logo tattooed on her hand

I am surprised Brian isn't posting this stuff on the Horrible Crowes' own blog ... maybe he forgot the password Wink
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:44 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=183463821706192&set=a.156818641037377.40896.156818584370716&type=1&theater
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]   The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horrible Crowes: the Brian & Ian side project [thread locked]
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next