DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horrible Crowes' Elsie: Brian Fallon's love letter to your ears

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Horrible Crowes' Elsie: Brian Fallon's love letter to your ears  Empty
PostSubject: Horrible Crowes' Elsie: Brian Fallon's love letter to your ears    Horrible Crowes' Elsie: Brian Fallon's love letter to your ears  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:12 am

from THOUSANDGUITARS BLOG - LINK OMITTED AS IS HAS A STREAM WHICH MAY NOT BE "OFFICIAL"

Brian Fallon, the gravelly-voiced lead singer of The Gaslight Anthem, has taken a side road from may favourite Jersey band to form The Horrible Crowes with his friend and guitar tech, Ian Perkins. Let me tell ya - Fallon could be singing personal insults about my mother, and I'd probably still buy his record.

Sideonedummy Records, which is releasing The Horrible Crowes debut album, Elsie says

The band is Brian Fallon's lounge-friendly tip of the hat to artist like Tom Waits, The Afghan Whigs and PJ Harvey that have shaped another side of his musical taste.

With the same lead singer, there's obviously a modicum of similarity between the two bands, but where The Gaslight Anthem came in, spun you in circles around the dance floor and then swept you off your feet with its forthright and fierce rock tunes, The Horrible Crowes woos you slowly with sexy sidelong glances and eventually wins you over with its subtlety and intimacy.

Funnily enough, the song on the album that sounds most like The Gaslight Anthem is the lead single, "Behold The Hurricane". But even then, it's reminiscent of the much mellower songs we've heard from TGA before, and has a melodic sound more like that of U2 or Coldplay.

God, I hope he never stops singing. Exclamation

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Horrible Crowes' Elsie: Brian Fallon's love letter to your ears  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes' Elsie: Brian Fallon's love letter to your ears    Horrible Crowes' Elsie: Brian Fallon's love letter to your ears  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:34 pm

'Fallon could be singing insults about my mother...'

great line
Back to top Go down

Horrible Crowes' Elsie: Brian Fallon's love letter to your ears
Page 1 of 1