DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album

Go down 
+18
DeathoftheCool
Shrewsbury_Stars
madsmom
Ghost
bringiton_ty
jdc
henn
TGAFAN25
A_Regular
StitchesOnTheRadio
rumham
Klown
plugga
enola
JimmyB
fullcollapse
Joe Jack
LuceroDiehard
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Empty
PostSubject: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:31 am

Brian added that the Horrible Crowes are already planning to work on a second album, with Gorillaz and Moby cited as inspirations.
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Joe Jack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Joe Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm sure the new Horrible Crowes album will sound like the Gorillaz to the same degree that Elsie sounds like Tom Waits Wink
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 5:08 am

Joe Jack wrote:
I'm sure the new Horrible Crowes album will sound like the Gorillaz to the same degree that Elsie sounds like Tom Waits Wink

...which is the only comfort I have. lol, lets hope and pray that this isn't the ONE TIME that Brian is actually correct about a comparison.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:45 am

I hope not...Not a fan of Gorillaz.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:32 am

So Side One says later this year?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:06 am

No, I think they were referring to the live CD/DVD of the Troubadour gig which was also broadcasted this night ....

Last edited by enola on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:22 am

SWEET
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:43 am

Wait, what? A live cd?

EDIT: Ok, just saw it, speculation then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:17 am

fullcollapse wrote:
Joe Jack wrote:

...which is the only comfort I have. lol, lets hope and pray that this isn't the ONE TIME that Brian is actually correct about a comparison.

I don't think Elsie invokes a real Tom Waits comparison, however after watching the LA show on TV at least through the first couple songs I thought Brian's vocals had a real Tom Wait's vibe going.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 am

enola wrote:
No, I think they were referring to the live CD/DVD of the Troubadour gig which was also broadcasted this night ....

So when Brian said this 10 months any idea when they would start recording?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Joe Jack wrote:

Please god no. I hate Gorillaz.

I do wonder though what they're gonna follow Elsie up with. I don't know how you top that. I'm very curious though.

Does Brian EVER take a vacation? Even like a weekend where he spends time at the shore instead of writing/touring/recording/doing media stuff.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Gorillaz are so lovely, and half of The Clash play with Damon live. Man is a genius. The Good, The Bad, And The Queen is worth checking out too.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 3:45 am

A_Regular wrote:
Gorillaz are so lovely, and half of The Clash play with Damon live. Man is a genius. The Good, The Bad, And The Queen is worth checking out too.

I agree that Damon is a genius but the Gorillaz don't do anything for me ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:28 am

I don't like the Gorillaz much, though I do like the idea of an animated band. Let's hope this means a bunch of cartoon Brian Fallons and not rap breaks.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:45 am

I don't see a second album coming considering that they just signed to Mercury and I'd imagine there's some clause in their contract that requires Brian put all his heart and soul into Gaslight... Just pure speculation though...
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:48 am

Plenty of artists have done solo projects on other labels, unless Mercury signed THC as well, then they shouldn't care what Brian does outside of TGA.

As for my input into the whole Gorillaz thing, they jumped the shark after the first album and set of gigs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:08 am

Klown wrote:
Plenty of artists have done solo projects on other labels, unless Mercury signed THC as well, then they shouldn't care what Brian does outside of TGA.

As for my input into the whole Gorillaz thing, they jumped the shark after the first album and set of gigs.

Really? Their first album is mostly rap, Demon Dayz, Plastic Beach, and The Fall are ambient masterpieces.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:18 am

this rules imo
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:22 am

Back to top Go down
henn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:17 am

have talked to Ian at Kiel Gig (Last Month) and asekd him about future releases of THC and he said that it is possible but just in a few years. Nothing in mind at this moment ... just my 2 pence
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:52 am

I'm much more of a Blur guy than a Gorillaz guy, but the only reason my Damon Albarn mancrush isn't bigger is because I've devoted so much of myself to my Brian Fallon mancrush.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:35 am

Glad to hear that it is finally happening cheers
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 am

I have serious mixed feelings. Elsie was an incredible work of art. Perfect in every way. Topping that is not going to be easy and everyones expectations are going to be set very high with good reason. Id love to hear new stuff but cant help wodering how it could ever match Elsie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:05 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
I have serious mixed feelings. Elsie was an incredible work of art. Perfect in every way. Topping that is not going to be easy and everyones expectations are going to be set very high with good reason. Id love to hear new stuff but cant help wodering how it could ever match Elsie.

I kind of get what you mean, as Elsie was a one-off album is perfect (except maybe the lyrics to Crush...one tiny thing Wink). Thing is though, if/when they do release a second one, even if it doesn't match Elsie but still has some good songs on it (which let's face it, it will do, it's Brian Fallon), still a good thing right? And doesn't stop Elsie being perfect Smile.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Yeah i do agree and believe me i am excited for new stuff! Yeah Brian is a fantastic song witer so i know there will be some good songs guaranteed Very Happy Just that album, the name everything is untarnished and special. But i suppose its worth the gamble for potentialy more awesomeness so yeah still a good thing. I actually like Crush a lot haha Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album   Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian says the Horrible Crowes are already Planning 2nd Album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next