DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)

Go down 
+140
Dan164
labluedahlia
aldotheapache
Rose1991
ivienco
bootime
NotLikeWeBleed
battleborn
katechampagne
mwh
Jaws
grizzly-adamss
housie
maybemabel
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Jack
Anya_TGA
infoghost
Halfstepdown
kappanera
OldHaunts
Brookie
Camus
Thunder_Road
LeviLevi
saraM87
jonester
TomPytlos
beckiee1993
raclements
Hanswurst
wvmark73
Coma Girl
cjw744
33RPMHero
Handwritten
Stevearm
dumos
SinkOrSwim.
lorem_ipsum
Arctander
HolyBreakOfDay
LookOnTheBrightSide
tank_grrlblack
guitarguru145
EveryLittleSecret
matkins
juliacote
swannie35
bringiton_ty
Benny989
Shrewsbury_Stars
anchorsaway45
simo
Shorestyle69
Breanne
HighLonesome
keepsake
FelixMA
nomad677
MyRottingBrain
Debonair
Emusic
LaGuitarLady
JDaniels
redheadchick
ExitEnglish
Try Me
acousticbandit
Klown
kirstyt
Sinngh
saltandburn1967
DiamondSinatra
StitchesOnTheRadio
brianisbae
bringiton
outerheaven
Yozzy
NeverTrustAJunkie
njguy99
blakevbhc
rsj
CasanovaBaby90
YouCanCallMeSally
Heart_Strings
CASANOVA, BILLY!
SirPaco
Victoria Sweden
rgillies
daveycrabtree
JimmyB
TroubleHunter
Kosburn59
HorribleCrowe
PFREEZY
Erik Drost
IrishNameAndAnInjury
melissaannandthecool
Steve70s
plugga
Harbortown
ThisMachineKillsFascists
AlrightToDrive
Matilda Noir
eagles1139
Elsie
Christophe
Johnxazn
Daire
Reinvent good times
Gaslight23
StopAndSlideToTheRight
steph
Holland
IAmDisappeared
oh_megan
J.B.R.
thecosmickid
breakwhatbreaksyourheart
AlrightAlright
fullcollapse
ktp
dogsinginblues
steffuhnee
azlisa
GraveRobbers
loazis
Crockin
JJW319
TGAFAN25
dingle_basher
Shake Shake Senora
amberfoyd
SmilinSkullRing
Dillon15s
ShieldYourEyes
drifter69
Little Eden
mwillms1930
144 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Photo_13

Got this a few months ago, forgot to post. Inspired by SoS cover...my first tattoo (its on my upper right arm, pic is sideways)
Back to top Go down
rsj
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsj

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:06 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Photo_13

Got this a few months ago, forgot to post. Inspired by SoS cover...my first tattoo (its on my upper right arm, pic is sideways)

Looks awesome! Any more pics?
Back to top Go down
outerheaven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:47 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

Looks great dude, really fucking want a Gaslight tattoo but I don't think I'm artistic enough to either design my own from their lyrics or chose a iconic image of theirs. I come to this thread to steal bits and pieces from everyone Razz

I do like the crow that the Horrible Crowes use, but I wouldn't really know where to put it. Plus it's not Gaslight so i'm not sure if i would be satisfied!
Back to top Go down
IAmDisappeared
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IAmDisappeared

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:59 pm

this didnt actually start out as a gaslight tattoo but it kinda ended up as one

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 BhPxL
Back to top Go down
SirPaco
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SirPaco

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:14 am

Finally got my Gaslight tattoo finished!
Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 0WI07l
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:20 am

That's a beauty! wow...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:21 am

That looks amazing! Smile
Back to top Go down
SirPaco
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SirPaco

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks...i'm really happy with it
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Just got my crow tat touched up a bit for this booklet you lovely folks seem to be putting together. Hopefully it heals back up easily enough...

Anyways. I was curious to see your opinions, but what do you guys honestly think are the best Gaslight lyrics for a tattoo? I've been wanting to get a variation of the Queen of the Bronx el jefe design for a while, and I have yet to decide what I really want to go on a banner I plan on adding - with the same sort of structure and font as my crow on the other arm to coincide and thus make me feel complete. Very Happy I'm obviously going to think long and hard, but I still like seeing opinions of favorite verses and why. :]
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:28 am

Well the obviously good ones are "stay hungry, stay free" and "no retreat, no regrets" but I'm holding off on a Gaslight lyric tat until something unique really jumps out at me. (Those two quotes, while good, are the product of other quotes from their influences and I want something that is distinctly Gaslight).

I know it's crazy to say before I even hear the song but I could see myself with a "every word handwritten" tattoo if I end up really liking that song.

Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:34 pm

I've more or less made my mind up I'm getting "if you never let me go, then I will never let you down" - that lyric just hits me everytime. I guess people get lyrics because of personal reasons, ways that relate to that lyric in their personal life so I guess it varies.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:15 pm

bringiton wrote:
I've more or less made my mind up I'm getting "if you never let me go, then I will never let you down" - that lyric just hits me everytime. I guess people get lyrics because of personal reasons, ways that relate to that lyric in their personal life so I guess it varies.

That's a great quote. Good choice!
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:30 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
bringiton wrote:

That's a great quote. Good choice!

thanks! Just gotta find the bottle to get it done at some point Cool
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Just finished high school and I'm gonna get a TGA tattoo for this special landmark in my life. Struggling to pick though.

Might want something with "Great Expectations" because it kinda applies to this time in my life but at the same time I really want something very original and from either Orphans or Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis? because they are very special to me and easy to relate to at this time. But I can't think of something perfect yet. If I incorporate lyrics I don't want a full long line, more like a phrase. More of a visual guy, which is why its hard to think of something for a song.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:22 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Just finished high school and I'm gonna get a TGA tattoo for this special landmark in my life. Struggling to pick though.

Might want something with "Great Expectations" because it kinda applies to this time in my life but at the same time I really want something very original and from either Orphans or Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis? because they are very special to me and easy to relate to at this time. But I can't think of something perfect yet. If I incorporate lyrics I don't want a full long line, more like a phrase. More of a visual guy, which is why its hard to think of something for a song.

I wanted to do the same when I graduated last year. I almost used a line from Orphans as my senior quote too- "The clothes I wore just don't fit my soul anymore". I think it's something anyone can relate to, especially when finishing high school. I'm not sure how it could be made more into a visual, maybe something that could represent letting go of the past and embracing the unknown? I dunno haha. Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis would be cool too. I love the line "I got scars like the number of stars, my head's full of vipers. I got the dust of the desert in my bones, coming through the amplifiers" which would be pretty easy and fun to illustrate. One thing I love about Gaslight is the imagery Brian uses in his lyrics. What I picture in my head when listening to Great Expectations, or Orphans, or any Gaslight song, is completely different than what someone else pictures, which makes tattoos and whatnot fun to get creative with. I kind of rambled, but yeah, haha.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:00 pm

NicholasHorror wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

I wanted to do the same when I graduated last year. I almost used a line from Orphans as my senior quote too- "The clothes I wore just don't fit my soul anymore". I think it's something anyone can relate to, especially when finishing high school. I'm not sure how it could be made more into a visual, maybe something that could represent letting go of the past and embracing the unknown? I dunno haha. Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis would be cool too. I love the line "I got scars like the number of stars, my head's full of vipers. I got the dust of the desert in my bones, coming through the amplifiers" which would be pretty easy and fun to illustrate. One thing I love about Gaslight is the imagery Brian uses in his lyrics. What I picture in my head when listening to Great Expectations, or Orphans, or any Gaslight song, is completely different than what someone else pictures, which makes tattoos and whatnot fun to get creative with. I kind of rambled, but yeah, haha.

I just emailed a local tattoo place with two sections of Wherefore Art Thou Elvis (the first verse with emphasis on "the blues of the dogs left too long in the street" and the ending "cadillac ride / soft summer night / prayer for my soul") and basically asked them if they had any imput or ideas that I could run with. Hope it goes well.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:12 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
I just emailed a local tattoo place with two sections of Wherefore Art Thou Elvis (the first verse with emphasis on "the blues of the dogs left too long in the street" and the ending "cadillac ride / soft summer night / prayer for my soul") and basically asked them if they had any imput or ideas that I could run with. Hope it goes well.

Nice...good luck!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:45 am

Ahhhh last night I had the best tattoo idea....I'm gonna talk to an artist about it but here's the idea:

Overhead/behind view of a car driving into the distance, but the road is right on the ocean and the waves are crashing up almost onto the road. All of this under a blood red sky. At the bottom of the road a banner reads "From our youth to the ground".

It incorporates multiple TGA ideas also will stand on its own as a really good piece of art if it turns out well.

What's everybody think?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:20 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Ahhhh last night I had the best tattoo idea....I'm gonna talk to an artist about it but here's the idea:

Overhead/behind view of a car driving into the distance, but the road is right on the ocean and the waves are crashing up almost onto the road. All of this under a blood red sky. At the bottom of the road a banner reads "From our youth to the ground".

It incorporates multiple TGA ideas also will stand on its own as a really good piece of art if it turns out well.

What's everybody think?

I LOVE this idea! What kind of car are you thinking of using?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:53 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

What's everybody think?

Sounds awesome. Just be sure to find an artist who can really do it justice. Don't rush to the first person you meet - carefully review their portfolios and find someone who will be able to make it look really good.

And be prepared to spend a lot of time and money too geek
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:17 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

What's everybody think?

Not sure yet definitely a classic car, I'm leaning towards a 59 Cadillac Eldorado.

The fortunate thing is that my dad is an artist, not saying he is gonna design the tattoo as he works in more surreal stuff but I am gonna work with him on a kind of blueprint to bring to the tattoo artist so they know what I want.

So far I've got 350 bucks saved up, it's gonna be a good deal more depending on just how big I want it to be.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:14 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

What's everybody think?

Not sure yet definitely a classic car, I'm leaning towards a 59 Cadillac Eldorado.

The fortunate thing is that my dad is an artist, not saying he is gonna design the tattoo as he works in more surreal stuff but I am gonna work with him on a kind of blueprint to bring to the tattoo artist so they know what I want.

So far I've got 350 bucks saved up, it's gonna be a good deal more depending on just how big I want it to be.

I need a Cadillac ride I need a soft summer night... A '59 Eldorado is a very fitting choice! Smile
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:34 am

Just got this a couple hours ago. Really stoked about how it turned out. I'll have better pictures when I have someone hold the camera for me but you should get the gist of it.

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Photo6

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Photo7

"From our youth to the ground"
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:44 am

Woooaaah, that's awesome!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:33 am

That is sick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)   Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem inspired tattoos (photos of mine, feel free to post yours!)
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next