DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11

Go down 
+2
colmillionaire
ACA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ACA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Empty
PostSubject: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:25 pm

A live review including photos and setlist of The Gaslight Anthem with Vision at Wellmont Theatre in Montclair, New Jersey, on December 11, 2009.

http://intunemusiconline.com/2009/12/11/the-gaslight-anthem-vision-montclair-1211/

I guess at this point everyone knows they did "Bring it On", which I can only describe as a mix of "The Rising", Elvis, and Senor and the Queen EP.

Amazing show.. was hoping "Trusty Chords" would have made it, but that's just nitpicking a stellar performance. I've seen them since 2007, and I can say it was probably their best show.

Last edited by ACA on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sonicawareness.net
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Was just about to post your review, i'm glad your holding us all off. (that is not sarcasm) Such a good show and a great review!

Sidenote: I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Ari from Lifetime in the pit
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
ACA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Was just about to post your review, i'm glad your holding us all off. (that is not sarcasm) Such a good show and a great review!

Sidenote: I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Ari from Lifetime in the pit

It definitely was!

I thought I saw Dan wandering around, too.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:36 pm

aww man...cause i was skeptical to talk to him, and yemin is such a good dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:11 pm

ACA wrote:
I guess at this point everyone knows they did "Bring it On", which I can only describe as a mix of "The Rising", Elvis, and Senor and the Queen EP. After their big speech about songs leaking, I'm not going to post it--I imagine the band will do something about it soon enough and it's nice to actually respect a band once in awhile ha.

the thing is, Brian has said that he doesn't mind fans sharing live recordings; by implication, that includes any new songs they choose to play, even if Brian had previously given his reasons for not doing so; as the message is conflicting, it's hard to know which one to respect

in fact, it's often a revelation to hear how a song changes over time, not just in the way its played, but even as far as the lyrics go (listen to the early live version of Thunder Road, when Maria was still called Angelina)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:46 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
ACA wrote:
I guess at this point everyone knows they did "Bring it On", which I can only describe as a mix of "The Rising", Elvis, and Senor and the Queen EP. After their big speech about songs leaking, I'm not going to post it--I imagine the band will do something about it soon enough and it's nice to actually respect a band once in awhile ha.

the thing is, Brian has said that he doesn't mind fans sharing live recordings; by implication, that includes any new songs they choose to play, even if Brian had previously given his reasons for not doing so; as the message is conflicting, it's hard to know which one to respect

in fact, it's often a revelation to hear how a song changes over time, not just in the way its played, but even as far as the lyrics go (listen to the early live version of Thunder Road, when Maria was still called Angelina)

when thunder road was wings for wheels.
they all had different lyrics.. jungleland, she's the one (used to contain an entire verse that is now a verse in backstreets.)
i love to hear the old ones just as much as the new ones.
its cool to hear how things change.
and the boss is notorious for rewriting songs hundreds of times.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Thank you ACA

Last edited by rkirkpatrick25 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Why mention that you have it if you don't have any intention of sharing it?

HEY I HAVE SOMETHING YOU ALL WANT BUT I WONT SHARE IT!!!

would you like a medal?

we all would love to be able to hear it.

Yeah, it's kind of bush league....

If they were so concerned about people hearing a new song they wouldn't have played it in the first place, because they wouldn't even want the people at the show to hear it.

I mean, if you don't want to share that's fine, but don't go parading around telling us we can't listen, like you have some moral high ground over me. It's just a song.
Back to top Go down
ACA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:17 am

Edited my first post.

I had no intention of "parading". Sorry if it came off that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11   Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setlist, photos, and review of The Gaslight Anthem @ Montclair 12/11
Page 1 of 1