DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mis-heard TGA lyrics

Go down 
+56
IrishNameAndAnInjury
StitchesOnTheRadio
njguy99
SubconsciousRitual
Hanswurst
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Harbortown
StopAndSlideToTheRight
LastOfTheJukeBoxRomeos
mrklenrd
thomas94
amberfoyd
MyFirstSin
theBasemen
JJW319
cristinaevelyn
MKULTRA
wonderson189
azlisa
Mercy and a Minute
mercyandaminute
redinthemorning
Topher
Reinvent good times
shownofear91
Bea
cola-connoisseur
Jukebox Romeo
ral
Snap
jennylenore
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
WoodyJoe
stayhungry
loazis
ktp
Jeff
Jack
a Dirty Angel
Palmer89
thecosmickid
DaveSavedTheDay
Scarlett
ksupilot
RobertODonnell
sidekicksuicide
Stevearm
simo
sarahjay
massie1903
Daire
koolmcr
Prisoner
Vibes
steady now steady now
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:08 am

Someone must be mis-hearing lyrics on Handwritten, even if they should know better, so it's time to revive this thread.

For my part, I keep hearing "for Pete's sake". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:06 am

not a Handwritten mis-heard lyric, but i didn't now such a thread exists Very Happy

so, in "Meet me by the river's edge" i hear

sally said... the color's deep in our souls...
i always thought sally is a black woman and has problems in her live because "the color's deep in their soul" and she can't connect with the "white-mens-live"

somehow it made the song much more interesting i thought scratch
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:28 am

Also not on Handwritten, but on Miles Davis I hear "put on your red dress, and dinosaur shoes." I know it's diamond-soled shoes, but I tend to still sing dinosaur. No idea what that might look like!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:32 am

subconscious ritual wrote:
Also not on Handwritten, but on Miles Davis I hear "put on your red dress, and dinosaur shoes." I know it's diamond-soled shoes, but I tend to still sing dinosaur. No idea what that might look like!

mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Chompers-300x214
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:36 am

I can't believe there's such a thing as dinosaur shoes!!! This has totally made my day! And I'll forever more sing it wrong Very Happy
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:47 am

In keepsake - I keep hearing "And in my hard, hard heart there are these walkers, so I push you down the lane..."

I picture him pushing his elderly father in walker down the street...

I know that's not right Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:26 pm

Hahaha these are great. I haven't read back in this thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned but in Old White Lincoln, I used to hear "you and you're high-top sneakers and your seven tattoos"
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:32 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Hahaha these are great. I haven't read back in this thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned but in Old White Lincoln, I used to hear "you and you're high-top sneakers and your seven tattoos"

I used to think the same thing! Razz
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:39 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:

I always used to hear that as "...your set of tattoos." Embarassed
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:49 pm

your set of tattoo!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:13 pm

Haha, I realized it on the Revival Tour and was like OMG. Usually I know I have lyrics wrong or that I don't know them but this one shocked me.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Me three! In our defense, though, Brian does kinda slur it a bit...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:23 pm

njguy99 wrote:

Me three! In our defense, though, Brian does kinda slur it a bit...

The singers I listen to the most either mumble or slur words together, it's annoying. (I'm lookin at you Springsteen!)
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 pm

When my mom first heard National Anthem, she asked me as the song ended, "What's up with the Yukon?" I had no idea what she was talking about, and then I realized that "Wild as they do come" kind of sounds like "wild as the Yukon." Now I hear Yukon whenever I listen to the song! She thinks this is the funniest thing ever. I don't! Rolling Eyes Razz
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:33 pm

When my mom first heard National Anthem, she asked me as the song ended, "What's up with the Yukon?" I had no idea what she was talking about, and then I realized that "Wild as they do come" kind of sounds like "wild as the Yukon." Now I hear Yukon whenever I listen to the song! She thinks this is the funniest thing ever. I don't! Rolling Eyes Razz

lol!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:38 pm

She thinks this is the funniest thing ever. I don't! Rolling Eyes Razz

I feel your pain haha. That's exactly the kind of thing my mom would do, then she'd lose her mind laughing. Meanwhile I'd also hear it wrong from then on out.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:44 pm

She thinks this is the funniest thing ever. I don't! Rolling Eyes Razz

I feel your pain haha. That's exactly the kind of thing my mom would do, then she'd lose her mind laughing. Meanwhile I'd also hear it wrong from then on out.

My mom laughs every time the song comes on and will call it the Yukon song forever. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Quote :
When my mom first heard National Anthem, she asked me as the song ended, "What's up with the Yukon?" I had no idea what she was talking about, and then I realized that "Wild as they do come" kind of sounds like "wild as the Yukon." Now I hear Yukon whenever I listen to the song! She thinks this is the funniest thing ever. I don't!
LOL my best friend went to UConn, (which isn't too far away) and when I told someone this the response was "What made her want to go all the way to the Yukon?"

Also, I used to think in American Slang it was "I got your name tattooed inside of my heart." I rather liked the imagery, and it made sense enough to me since it was all a dream.
Back to top Go down
Xanthias
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Xanthias

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:48 pm

On Keepsake, I kept on hearing "and in my heart, heart, heart there are these waters, where I pushed you down the lake..." instead of "where I put you down to lay"...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:31 pm

I need to stop reading these. they're gonna mess me up.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Xanthias wrote:
On Keepsake, I kept on hearing "and in my heart, heart, heart there are these waters, where I pushed you down the lake..." instead of "where I put you down to lay"...

we could also add "heart, heart, heart" to the list, since the lyrics say it's "hard, hard heart." i thought it was the former at first, too!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:47 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
Xanthias wrote:

we could also add "heart, heart, heart" to the list, since the lyrics say it's "hard, hard heart." i thought it was the former at first, too!

You weren't the only one... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:49 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
Xanthias wrote:

I'm glad that one got cleared up. I was so 50/50 on which one it was.

also "pushed you down the lake" makes it sound like Brian murdered his father and dumped the body. pale creepy
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:52 pm

AHA! I knew it was "hard, hard heart"...
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Xanthias
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Xanthias

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:24 am

Quote :

Ahaha! Thank you for correcting me, I would have never figured it out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mis-heard TGA lyrics   mis-heard TGA lyrics - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mis-heard TGA lyrics
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next